SR5 2020 Tac rear speakers

CentralFLTaco

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#6,077
Just added the Kicker dash tweeters from the Subaru. I am very impressed and they are plug and play!I am now going to remove the coax Kicker rear door speakers and install my Focal components. I test fit the components in the rear door and placed the tweeter toward the upper right corner of the door panel as your looking at it from inside the truck so when you are in the drivers seat you now hear music..sound... noise!! Yes finally I can hear something!! Then I will add the JL Audio amp and be done with this. Toyota needs the receive the bill for this little project.
I'm trying to have a good attitude I promise

Last edited:

CentralFLTaco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#6,077
I am torn as far as keeping this truck. It's a great looking truck especially with the pro wheels. But the trans is driving me nuts. Either way it will be my first and last Toyota

Last edited:

Dillon265

First Name
Rick
T3G Member
#5,326
Just had Front speakers replaced with
Infinity Primus 3 way Huge difference plus the Infinity’s in the Rear I can hear a little better but the Ones up front huge difference Yes my last Toyota also if Cust Service would have done better than try and just Blow this off it maybe a different story It still needs a Head Unit but not from me the Speaker upgrade is good enough I may change out the tweeters if u can hear a change were they thru Crutchfield
Thanx
Rick

Dillon265

First Name
Rick
T3G Member
#5,326
I cant believe your Tranny is messing up for being new but I told U About my wifes New Ford Fusion with 18k miles so far has had 3 engines New stuff is built cheap and costs $$$

CentralFLTaco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#6,077
I ordered them on Amazon from a Subaru dealership. They were $99. They sound amazing. Worth every penny. Takes 20 minutes to install.
you will need a 10mm wrench and 10mm ratchet and a panel tool to pry off the speaker cover.

Mike

Last edited:

CentralFLTaco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#6,077
Yes, I am shocked at the almighty Toyota putting out crap like this. I really want to keep and like my truck but not as is. It's not acceptable!

CentralFLTaco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#6,077
When I drive in sport mode the motor is turning more RPM's so it's ok. It's when it's in drive that the motor is lugging because it makes zero power down low and the trans wants to shift and keep the RPM"s around 1100 again, where it makes no power. It get's 22 MPG when it's loafing around but it is not enjoyable to drive!
Flash this damn trans to make it hold more RPM's MPG's be damned. IT"S A TRUCK!!!

Dillon265

First Name
Rick
T3G Member
#5,326
No way Stereo is a big enuff issue we are dealing with and spending more $$ than we should have too But on top of that aTransmission also crap

CentralFLTaco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#6,077
The end of next year this truck will be out of my driveway. Back to the always great F150! Iron out a couple issues with the Tacoma and they have a great truck. They dropped the ball with the 2020.

Dillon265

First Name
Rick
T3G Member
#5,326
Sorry to hear that but mine I will probably wait 2 yrs I always heard how good these trucks are so I tried spent alot of $$ and kick myself daily Be careful of the Ecoboost engine
good luck

Steve462x0

First Name
Steven
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member
#5,782
Not just a Tacoma stereo issue my daughters rav4 and my other daughter’s corolla stereos both do the same thing

JPierog

T3G Level: Lurker
First Name
John
T3G Member
#6,746
2020 Taxoma SR5 and the same problem no volume rear speakers. Dealer says that they are all like that and therefore no reapair is possible. I bought Toyota to aboid this, should of bought the Ford Ranger, which I like better.

Dirt_church_savage

First Name
Matthew Miller
T3G Member
#5,030
Let's face it guys, you didn't buy the Tacoma because it has a bitchn sound system. You bought your Tacoma because it's the most reliable truck on the market with the highest resale value and it looks badass. With every new generation of a vehicle you have caveats. There are a few with the Tacoma but if you didn't do your due diligence before buying then it's your bad. Everyone knows that the transmission problem, everyone knows that it lacked Android Auto forever, everyone knows that it's lacking a lot, but we accept that because we know that these trucks will last us 300,000 plus. If you really want to fix your sound issues, don't waste your money tinkering on your shit changing out components when you have garbage power supplies. Just head over to OEM audio and buy yourself one of the two packages and all of your problems will disappear, problems with sound that is. Good luck

Top Bottom