• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Running 35's: Is it painful, and if it is, was it worth it?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I've got 285/75's and to be honest, I kinda wish I went with 35's. Obviously though, there's a big difference it what it takes to run the 35's. You've gotta consider all the cutting, CMC, big drop in gas mileage, regear, driveshaft angle, etc. With my 285's, I didn't really have to do much besides replace my UCA's and now I only rub at full flex. I want to commit to the 35's, I just don't know...

Also, is it just me, or do you wish there were a 35 that is thinner than 12.5". I feel like 10-11" would look sweet.

I really wish I can also go 35 without much work. That or a 6in suspension lift

I’m going with 35s on mine. I’m still hesitant about going this route just because of all the additional money I have to spend in order to make this happen but I’ve been on 285 70 17 and wish I’d gone bigger.

I’m going with 35s on mine. I’m still hesitant about going this route just because of all the additional money I have to spend in order to make this happen but I’ve been on 285 70 17 and wish I’d gone bigger.
That’s why I didn’t do it the first time. If funds didn’t matter I definitely would’ve.

DFA31DDF-BF3E-4F99-BE15-BAA6315110E8.jpeg
6 inch 37s ?

35s on a six inch lift is cheating lol go 37s!!! You know you want to lol

Lol. 37’s would be dope, but I’m happy with 35’s. I still use my truck as a daily driver. Lol. Just bought it in January and I already almost got 7k miles. Lol

i'm highly considering it too man. I'd like to trim the wheel wells up front and get a cmc when i come home to SoCal this summer.. so we will see... especially with re-gearing... fuck.

You’re talking about a lot of work just for 2.2” of tire... 285’s are fine. You’ll be chugging with no power behind the tires unless you regear.

i'm awaiting 35's when i return from my trip to ca.. back to anchorage.. ;)

Back