• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Preferred tire brand

Manbun525

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
Hey all,

Looking to upgrade the stock rubber in the future but still stuck on tire brand. Would like 285/75/16s, not concerned with price, mainly longevity, usefulness, and a more aggressive AT tire as MTs don’t last anywhere near as long.

I’m interested in BFG KO2s or Cooper STT Maxx but open to hear what you got and why those over anything else.

Prolly 75/25 Road/off-road use

Thanks

Hey all,

Looking to upgrade the stock rubber in the future but still stuck on tire brand. Would like 285/75/16s, not concerned with price, mainly longevity, usefulness, and a more aggressive AT tire as MTs don’t last anywhere near as long.

I’m interested in BFG KO2s or Cooper STT Maxx but open to hear what you got and why those over anything else.

Thanks
Falken whildpeak at3 hands down

Hey all,

Thanks
For not being concerned with price, I will recommend the KO2. I'm biased because I've always loved this tire, but it's for a reason.

I've run BFG A/T AND M/T tires on my 4x4's for the last 30+ years. I'll be adding some to this truck shortly. Never let me down.

I love the KM3's. I ran the KM2's all the way up until my current Falken MT01's, I bought them for the technology in them. They are a great tire and hands down the quietest MT. (will still probably go KM3 on the next set though)

Another vote for the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. I'm on my second set of them (two different trucks) and to date they are the best tires I've ever owned. I have nothing but good things to say about them - and if you knew me, you'd know that is virtually unheard of.

That being said, the brand new Cooper AT3 XLT is an exciting new option and when I bump up from my current tires to 34s in the near future I may give those a shot, just because I like to experiment.

26907997_10154816572615904_7063161420950_12b65f07309dc9dd9ad9d9a1daea602c645daa44.jpg

oOlssEa.jpg

Nitto ridge grapplers. Join ussssssss

I just purchased some Nitto Ridge Grapplers, yesterday. Everything I read, and everyone I spoke with, said they were quieter and overall better performance when compared to the KO2. I have the KM3 some serious thought, but just don't see myself needing quite that level of mud traction. The all terrains will do better in icy conditions, so that was the way I swayed.

I just purchased some Nitto Ridge Grapplers, yesterday. Everything I read, and everyone I spoke with, said they were quieter and overall better performance when compared to the KO2. I have the KM3 some serious thought, but just don't see myself needing quite that level of mud traction. The all terrains will do better in icy conditions, so that was the way I swayed.

Everything is better than the KO2, it just typically gets the best wear (mileage) haha!

I run wildpeak 285-70/17s. I just sent them an email about possibly joining the site. See what tomorrow brings

I run wildpeak 285-70/17s. I just sent them an email about possibly joining the site. See what tomorrow brings

Let me know what that yields and if nothing I can put you in contact with my guy over there. We also work a lot with TiresWarehouse as well.

I have always been a total Toyo fanboy but went with the Wildpeaks this time around. Ive been really impressed so far. They've handled the desert very well and have been very quiet on the road.

Back