WHEELS/TIRES Preferred tire brand

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Manbun525

= IV • Gold
First Name
Jake
T3G Member
Hey all,

Looking to upgrade the stock rubber in the future but still stuck on tire brand. Would like 285/75/16s, not concerned with price, mainly longevity, usefulness, and a more aggressive AT tire as MTs don’t last anywhere near as long.

I’m interested in BFG KO2s or Cooper STT Maxx but open to hear what you got and why those over anything else.

Prolly 75/25 Road/off-road use

Thanks

ShikyoX

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor
T3G Member
Hey all,

Looking to upgrade the stock rubber in the future but still stuck on tire brand. Would like 285/75/16s, not concerned with price, mainly longevity, usefulness, and a more aggressive AT tire as MTs don’t last anywhere near as long.

I’m interested in BFG KO2s or Cooper STT Maxx but open to hear what you got and why those over anything else.

Thanks
Falken whildpeak at3 hands down

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Hey all,

Thanks
For not being concerned with price, I will recommend the KO2. I'm biased because I've always loved this tire, but it's for a reason.

mh.meier

= VI • Diamond
First Name
Mike
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I've run BFG A/T AND M/T tires on my 4x4's for the last 30+ years. I'll be adding some to this truck shortly. Never let me down.

I love the KM3's. I ran the KM2's all the way up until my current Falken MT01's, I bought them for the technology in them. They are a great tire and hands down the quietest MT. (will still probably go KM3 on the next set though)

0uTkAsT

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
First Name
Josh
T3G Member
Another vote for the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. I'm on my second set of them (two different trucks) and to date they are the best tires I've ever owned. I have nothing but good things to say about them - and if you knew me, you'd know that is virtually unheard of.

That being said, the brand new Cooper AT3 XLT is an exciting new option and when I bump up from my current tires to 34s in the near future I may give those a shot, just because I like to experiment.

26907997_10154816572615904_7063161420950_12b65f07309dc9dd9ad9d9a1daea602c645daa44.jpg

oOlssEa.jpg

Sour_Taco

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Arron
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I just purchased some Nitto Ridge Grapplers, yesterday. Everything I read, and everyone I spoke with, said they were quieter and overall better performance when compared to the KO2. I have the KM3 some serious thought, but just don't see myself needing quite that level of mud traction. The all terrains will do better in icy conditions, so that was the way I swayed.

mh.meier

= VI • Diamond
First Name
Mike
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I just purchased some Nitto Ridge Grapplers, yesterday. Everything I read, and everyone I spoke with, said they were quieter and overall better performance when compared to the KO2. I have the KM3 some serious thought, but just don't see myself needing quite that level of mud traction. The all terrains will do better in icy conditions, so that was the way I swayed.

Everything is better than the KO2, it just typically gets the best wear (mileage) haha!

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I run wildpeak 285-70/17s. I just sent them an email about possibly joining the site. See what tomorrow brings

mh.meier

= VI • Diamond
First Name
Mike
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I run wildpeak 285-70/17s. I just sent them an email about possibly joining the site. See what tomorrow brings

Let me know what that yields and if nothing I can put you in contact with my guy over there. We also work a lot with TiresWarehouse as well.

BlueFalconActual

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I have always been a total Toyo fanboy but went with the Wildpeaks this time around. Ive been really impressed so far. They've handled the desert very well and have been very quiet on the road.

Top Bottom