• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pelfreybilt ::: 3rd Gen Tacoma - Dual Swingout Rear Bumper ::: Pre-Order SPECIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, serious question... You know I'm desperate for a HC rear. And I would totally prefer to rep Pelfrey. That being said, how soon can I get my hands on one of these bad boys, and as far as custom work goes, are taillight tubes a possibility? What about having nothing attached to the D/S swing arm so you can see the tailgate and it looks like a classic spare tire carrier?

Excited to get mine! By discount on mounting solutions, you mean the nato, cod2 and rotopax holders? I'm debating if I wanted to add that on
Me too nick. It says whoever preorders get a tg3 swag pack. Did you get yours? I never did.

Dont get your Hope's up folks. Seems to be something going on with Pelfrey right now

Dont get your Hope's up folks. Seems to be something going on with Pelfrey right now
Whats up? I already paid for my Swing out bumper! Do I need to try and get my money back ! I would hate to get ripped off $2500. Fuck i hate when this shit happens!

Should have just gotten the CBI swing out ,i would have it on the truck already! How many of you have paid already?

No, I have a paid order on front aluminum with hoop bumper, rear high clearance rear bumper, full aluminum skips, BD s2 wide cornering amber lights, and Zeon winch.

No, I have a paid order on front aluminum with hoop bumper, rear high clearance rear bumper, full aluminum skips, BD s2 wide cornering amber lights, and Zeon winch.
Well shit you have a hell of an order pending! I dont have any idea what Jerry is talking about ,but i hope its not to serious and we get burned! I am going to try and contact them with emails and calling to try and find out if we have something to be worried about!

Well shit you have a hell of an order pending! I dont have any idea what Jerry is talking about ,but i hope its not to serious and we get burned! I am going to try and contact them with emails and calling to try and find out if we have something to be worried about!
Right now is just rumors. But something is up. Supposedly they are going to make an announcement in a couple of days

Right now is just rumors. But something is up. Supposedly they are going to make an announcement in a couple of days
Thanks ! That doesn't sound good!

Well hell, that doesn’t sound good! What are the rumors?

Well hell, that doesn’t sound good! What are the rumors?
Just looked on TW moderators have locked Pelfreybilt threads . They say not to fret if you have pending orders and it will all make sence in a couple of days . Thats from yesterday. I still dont like that Pelfrey wont respond to anyone! Wont answer phones or emails from what i read.

Just looked on TW moderators have locked Pelfreybilt threads . They say not to fret if you have pending orders and it will all make sence in a couple of days . Thats from yesterday. I still dont like that Pelfrey wont respond to anyone! Wont answer phones or emails from what i read.

While it's not the way we'd like it to be handled, ultimately none of us know whats in the works. It could be a whole host of things that might have legal reasons for radio silence. I trust that both Tyler and Stain will come through and we'll all come out of the dark soon. They've worked so hard a building a company thats built on the notion that its a big family and sometimes theres rough patches.

While it's not the way we'd like it to be handled, ultimately none of us know whats in the works. It could be a whole host of things that might have legal reasons for radio silence. I trust that both Tyler and Stain will come through and we'll all come out of the dark soon. They've worked so hard a building a company thats built on the notion that its a big family and sometimes theres rough patches.
I would tend to agree with this. Both Tyler and satin are good people and i cant imagine them packing up and leaving anyone empty handed. Something is in the works and for all we know it could be something that increases their production capacity. Time will tell

I was just reading that thread on TW, everything on their website is listed as out of stock and you can't place an order on anything, I'm sure they will give us word soon but I'm hoping by the end of the week at least. They've always been known for being a great company especially when it comes to quality and customer service. Be it taking in too much work or something important actually came up I'm sure we'll hear soon. That being said I did pay $1800 towards my High clearance with swingarm a little over 2 months ago.

I would not worry. Tyler and Satin are amazing wonderful people who care deeply about their customers. I paid in full for my rear the first week of February and yes it’s been a long wait, and yes I wish I already had it, but they pride themselves on quality and like I said, customer care, so I know that the wait will be worth it and what ever these rumors are will all be explained.

Here's the most info that has been released so far. Definitely wishing the best for them..

64682.jpeg

Here's the most info that has been released so far. Definitely wishing the best for them..

64682.jpeg
If it’s no update for the next few weeks, I might honestly have to try and cancel my order then and gonwith another high clearance, I placed my order because they said they’d have that prototype done in around 6 weeks and in 10 weeks after that ours would be made, wasn’t looking for a 30 week lead time on the bumper...

If it’s no update for the next few weeks, I might honestly have to try and cancel my order then and gonwith another high clearance, I placed my order because they said they’d have that prototype done in around 6 weeks and in 10 weeks after that ours would be made, wasn’t looking for a 30 week lead time on the bumper...
in all honesty, with these tariffs it's likely that most fabricators are struggling right now. Their material costs have gone sky high and thus, likely made business very challenging. Not saying that it's the case here, as speculating doesn't really solve anything, just hope that they make good on all orders and sort out whatever it is that they are dealing with.

@mh.meier will these pre orders be on standstill because nothing can be ordered on the site or will you guys still be making progress on that prototype?

in all honesty, with these tariffs it's likely that most fabricators are struggling right now. Their material costs have gone sky high and thus, likely made business very challenging. Not saying that it's the case here, as speculating doesn't really solve anything, just hope that they make good on all orders and sort out whatever it is that they are dealing with.
I understand completely but this was a little more then a month of income for me and now I’m going back to school next month, if I were to refund at this point it wouldn’t even be to buy a new bumper but rather go straight to schooling and food, it was a purchase for me mid summer when I had no expenses and money to spend only gonna be 18-20 week wait sure, but if I have to wait crazy longer then that I’d rather have the stability during the next semesters.

I understand completely but this was a little more then a month of income for me and now I’m going back to school next month, if I were to refund at this point it wouldn’t even be to buy a new bumper but rather go straight to schooling and food, it was a purchase for me mid summer when I had no expenses and money to spend only gonna be 18-20 week wait sure, but if I have to wait crazy longer then that I’d rather have the stability during the next semesters.
Oh totally get it man. It sucks to shell out that kind of money and now have this level of uncertainty paired with the long wait. But I do know Tyler and Satin and they are genuinely good people so I am sure that they will make good on their business obligations. Believe me brother, I do feel for ya.

Regardless, all the best in school!

This is completely unacceptable. They have thousands of my dollars and just leave us in the dark. No email responses won’t answer phones. We deserve at least an answer on what going on with our money or product. I’m very close to disputing my purchase for a refund!

Should have just gotten the CBI swing out ,i would have it on the truck already! How many of you have paid already?
Paid in full for dual swing rear! So pissed bro could had the cbi but decided to go w Pelfrey now they don’t answer their phones emails nothing! Being completely unprofessional with this. I hope everything’s ok w them but this isn’t how you handle business. They have thousands of dollars of their customers money in limbo with no answers. No email responses. No answered or returned phone calls. It’s not right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back