• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Official R/C thread

I found this photo of the MT2 but it's not the cooler photo I was looking for. This thing spent more time broken than it did running. I wanted to do a full aluminum conversion from parts on TowerHobbies (is that still a site?) but never did.

1600127905719.jpeg

Yes towerhobbies is still a site! Not much good stuff, usually out of stock.

EBay took the market in rc stuff. I remember being like 10 and buying an aluminum conversion for my stampede. I was so excited to get that in the mail. Back then I used to get a money order and mail it to the person that was selling.

Axial scx10ii replace the servo right off the bat though, they are crappy.

Got any recommendations on a servo to replace it with? I just got mine a few weeks ago.

IMG_20200827_175357.jpg

No 3G taco rc?

The only one I have seen is a custom 3d print one from some random guy online. Supposedly there's some in the works though.

Got any recommendations on a servo to replace it with? I just got mine a few weeks ago.

IMG_20200827_175357.jpg

The only one I have seen is a custom 3d print one from some random guy online. Supposedly there's some in the works though.

I get servos from value hobby. They cost like 12-14 bucks. They are a little under 300 torque (over 200 is great from crawlers). Ive probably bought 100 or more of them and only broke a dozen. More because I run powerful electronics lol.

Let me see if I can find the link

LINK-

http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-systems-servos/servos/power-hd-1501mg.html

Last edited:
👀 I have one on order. Waiting for the guy to catch up on orders. He’s like 3-5 months behind all the time. The body takes a week to print and prep.

ACAF5E27-2C2A-41EE-B7DA-7DCDE0CCF8D6.jpeg

That is the one!! What is the link to that bad boy as well?? Would that fit my SCX10ii???

That is the one!! What is the link to that bad boy as well?? Would that fit my SCX10ii???

I don’t have the link, just the guys name. It’s manitou Liu. Have to message him on FB and order that way. They require a lot of customization. I plan on getting a slider (frame and such no body) and building it that way.

There’s others out there that are cheaper and may just go right on the new trucks but this one is the most realistic and detailed I’ve seen.

No 3G taco rc?
For some reason there isn't one. They tend to come with Jeep bodies and some flatbed truck styles like Andy posted. The official aftermarket doesn't make one either. Those tend to be Fords and squarebodies. The only 3G we know of is the completely custom one they posted above. And I'm pretty sure the dude is in Japan.
Yes towerhobbies is still a site! Not much good stuff, usually out of stock.

EBay took the market in rc stuff. I remember being like 10 and buying an aluminum conversion for my stampede. I was so excited to get that in the mail. Back then I used to get a money order and mail it to the person that was selling.
Remember the Pokémon forum I showed you that I said was my first forum?

My first forum was actually called RC Attacker. It seemed cool but I had no idea how to find people to join it so I gave up when it only had like 15 members after a few months.

For some reason there isn't one. They tend to come with Jeep bodies and some flatbed truck styles like Andy posted. The official aftermarket doesn't make one either. Those tend to be Fords and squarebodies. The only 3G we know of is the completely custom one they posted above. And I'm pretty sure the dude is in Japan.

Remember the Pokémon forum I showed you that I said was my first forum?

My first forum was actually called RC Attacker. It seemed cool but I had no idea how to find people to join it so I gave up when it only had like 15 members after a few months.

Yeah he’s overseas, but his level of detail is unmatched. I can’t wait to get mine. I’m gonna try and copy my truck as best as possible.

Haha yeah back then I bet it was hard to find people. Nowadays with fb and Tapatalk, there is hundreds of thousands of people into rc, it’s crazy!

What do you guys think of Traxxas' newish entry into the scale niche? I'm not sure how it compares to Axial.

1600174745478.png

They make a good product as well. I just found axial is like the Jeeps of the offroad world, trac as is like Subaru coming out with a crawler. Still good brand but it’s not their bread and butter.

Regardless of my opinion, traxxas has front and rear diff lock (powered via servo) portal axles, etc. Just like everything else though, the servos are kinda crappy.

His work really is insane. If I could have him do a fully accurate replica of either my Tacoma or my dream squarebody, I probably would. But there's no way he has time for that.

His work really is insane. If I could have him do a fully accurate replica of either my Tacoma or my dream squarebody, I probably would. But there's no way he has time for that.

Never hurts to ask! If there’s money to be made anybody will take on more work.

They make a good product as well. I just found axial is like the Jeeps of the offroad world, trac as is like Subaru coming out with a crawler. Still good brand but it’s not their bread and butter.

Regardless of my opinion, traxxas has front and rear diff lock (powered via servo) portal axles, etc. Just like everything else though, the servos are kinda crappy.
Portal axles and I think they have a 2-gear transfer? High and low I guess.

I almost bought the Traxxas when it was the new new on the block but I had sold my Axial not long before that due to lack of time to use it. So Paige said I'm an idiot and I said u right. Still kinda want it though.

Portal axles and I think they have a 2-gear transfer? High and low I guess.

Yessir. IMHO though your not going to use it that much. It’s cool but if your hiking with it, it’s more of a pain to use that all the time. We just throw under/over drive gears and call it a day. Nice set of foams in the tires and your golden.

It seems like such a cool thing to bring on the road with me. My dogs love to chase them (good exercise) and it would obviously see so much different terrain to mob around in.

It seems like such a cool thing to bring on the road with me. My dogs love to chase them (good exercise) and it would obviously see so much different terrain to mob around in.

The things they can crawl is unreal. Wish I could find some video. It also takes your mind off hiking and makes it a ton more fun. I get bored on hikes, especially if they are steep and tiresome. Bringing an rc with ya is that much better

Plus, you should know already, but they will last like 1 1/2-2 hours on one battery nowadays.

The things they can crawl is unreal. Wish I could find some video. It also takes your mind off hiking and makes it a ton more fun. I get bored on hikes, especially if they are steep and tiresome. Bringing an rc with ya is that much better

Plus, you should know already, but they will last like 1 1/2-2 hours on one battery nowadays.
The things they can crawl with all that low end torque is insane. I've seen videos of almost vertical crawls.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1Szl_hTJ4&t=1s

I want to build me trx4 with proline Marty’s “back to the future” black Toyota pickup “Look at that 4x4”

3346E0B1-DC19-46B8-8875-6779D30DF473.jpeg

I tried to get a custom license plate of 2EZP916

Unfortunately got denied because you can't order a custom plate in the random sequence configuration.

So awesome and crazy cool thing coming from a 3D printer now in these days and cheap. Before times in the late 90searly 2k RPM plastic A Arms were too expensive to buy. Just got these flex ramp, pair of roc sliders and shock spacers, from $5-$10 on eBay for my SCX24

D3A3E806-1ACF-4ADE-9CF2-CFAF81ACF3BB.jpeg

So awesome and crazy cool thing coming from a 3D printer now in these days and cheap. Before times in the late 90searly 2k RPM plastic A Arms were too expensive to buy. Just got these flex ramp, pair of roc sliders and shock spacers, from $5-$10 on eBay for my SCX24

D3A3E806-1ACF-4ADE-9CF2-CFAF81ACF3BB.jpeg

Rc stuff is so abundant and cheap it’s crazy. 3D printing took off in this hobby

Can we delete this thread? You guys are about to make me yolo buy one. Order first, tell Paige once it arrives at the doorstep, have her get mad for an hour, me not care and enjoy my new R/C.

Which one should I look into? You guys ever build kits or mostly stick to RTR?

I guess my next question would be if there are ever any deals on these things. Or military discounts.

Back