• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Official R/C thread

Tacomadad18

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Well like the title says, everything RC.

Radio controlled, not rough country

I know there’s a few in here that have them. I’m a sucker for an rc car. I got into it around 9-10 years and didn’t touch one until my first boy was born. He wanted one around 3 years old that would last longer and more fun (hobby grade). So I bought a bunch (4K worth in a few months 😬)

Now each of my boys have 1 big 1/10 and 1 small 1/24. Couple fast stadium trucks too. I build a few from time to time and I’ll have to dig up pics of some I’ve built.

Post yours below. If you’re still into it or did.

I’ll post photos when I find them lol

So here’s some old ones. All Axial brand. These are a fun little hobby. Just build the way you want.

axial scx10 with Cherokee body

CEDB6FF8-571F-418C-930B-9D9EE4DE32EA.jpeg
612F731A-4AC9-4A63-9C0C-9EA5F6F445F9.jpeg

Axial scx10 with dodge body then Mercedes. Built the camper top for fun.

CCC0B948-423F-42FF-8555-D1EE8385F0C4.jpeg
4EE5648D-8926-464B-BA6B-301AA7595A5C.jpeg
569BFEDB-F538-4744-970A-C4951099EA57.jpeg

Last edited:
Great thread! I'd like to get back into RC but have pretty much just been watching Kevin Talbot on YouTube:sneaky: . I did pick up a Mavic Air 2 a couple weeks ago if that counts?

Great thread! I'd like to get back into RC but have pretty much just been watching Kevin Talbot on YouTube:sneaky: . I did pick up a Mavic Air 2 a couple weeks ago if that counts?

It’s rc, it counts lol.

I’ve have a few boats and drones but never had much fun with those. These crawlers are just fun. Go to local events, some in different states and the energy there is just awesome.

I've been looking around Phoenix for Stadium truck/buggy racing and have only found one track. They have way too many rules so I lost interest immediately lol. I've thought about crawler to play around with at camp sites. I'd love to build something vs ready to run. Any recommendations on a starting point?

I've been looking around Phoenix for Stadium truck/buggy racing and have only found one track. They have way too many rules so I lost interest immediately lol. I've thought about crawler to play around with at camp sites. I'd love to build something vs ready to run. Any recommendations on a starting point?

Axial scx10ii or 3. They are very upgradable and they are built well. Almost all you will have to replace the servo right off the bat though, they are crappy.

Redcat makes decent ones but they don’t have much aftermarket stuff.

I just got a demonrc one and it’s like top quality but they are pricey and very detailed (building takes a while)

Cant beat a artr axial one. (Builder)

Last edited:
@Tacomadad18, I love the rear bumper on that Cherokee. Also, your whole lineup is insane.

I still can't find the photo of my HPI Nitro MT2 from like 2004, but here is the Axial SCX10 I had and sold. I even brought it to Japan when I was stationed there.

1600126352243.png

1600126467491.png

1600126497328.png

The custom realistic builds that some guys have done are UNREAL. I always wanted to but could never really justify spending the time or money on that level of detail.

@Tacomadad18, I love the rear bumper on that Cherokee. Also, your whole lineup is insane.

I still can't find the photo of my HPI Nitro MT2 from like 2004, but here is the Axial SCX10 I had and sold. I even brought it to Japan when I was stationed there.

1600126352243.png

1600126467491.png

1600126497328.png

The custom realistic builds that some guys have done are UNREAL. I always wanted to but could never really justify spending the time or money on that level of detail.

If you have time, it’s pretty therapeutic. Just building for hours. I worked a crummy job when I got into rc and I had a lot of time with a newborn.

Pretty cool you traveled with it!

Lol thanks @Tacomadad18 for starting this thread! I was planning on making one but I was not sure what category this fell in to. So here’s mine currently!

scx24 axial all stock indoor rc16C94D26-4FB4-42C2-9EE8-F05D7906A88E.jpegD29B558F-70F1-4C44-8BD4-F3D82A56741E.jpeg

and then my 3 Traxxas, one is a basher vxl rustler 4x4 , speed run 2wd rustler vxl3s (74 mph) and stampede all purpose family rc car.
FA457DC1-2EEA-474B-B33B-BCA4B0094829.jpeg2AF9338B-A6BC-47BC-BFFA-9407A0E2F300.jpeg

I found this photo of the MT2 but it's not the cooler photo I was looking for. This thing spent more time broken than it did running. I wanted to do a full aluminum conversion from parts on TowerHobbies (is that still a site?) but never did.

1600127905719.jpeg

I found this photo of the MT2 but it's not the cooler photo I was looking for. This thing spent more time broken than it did running. I wanted to do a full aluminum conversion from parts on TowerHobbies (is that still a site?) but never did.

1600127905719.jpeg

lol all mine were like that when I was a kid. Full throttle sends off everything. We had a full halfpipe in our back yard, everything we owned flew off that thing, sometimes we were on them (dirt bikes, bicycles)

Lol thanks @Tacomadad18 for starting this thread! I was planning on making one but I was not sure what category this fell in to. So here’s mine currently!

scx24 axial all stock indoor rc16C94D26-4FB4-42C2-9EE8-F05D7906A88E.jpegD29B558F-70F1-4C44-8BD4-F3D82A56741E.jpeg

and then my 3 Traxxas, one is a basher vxl rustler 4x4 , speed run 2wd rustler vxl3s (74 mph) and stampede all purpose family rc car.
FA457DC1-2EEA-474B-B33B-BCA4B0094829.jpeg2AF9338B-A6BC-47BC-BFFA-9407A0E2F300.jpeg

Yeah buddy! 🤘🏻

lol all mine were like that when I was a kid. Full throttle sends off everything. We had a full halfpipe in our back yard, everything we owned flew off that thing, sometimes we were on them (dirt bikes, bicycles)
Same. We used to record our bashing with a VHS camcorder. The camera didn't even have a way to export the video. You could only watch the footage with the red/white/yellow connections on a TV. I wish I could see those videos today.

Same. We used to record our bashing with a VHS camcorder. The camera didn't even have a way to export the video. You could only watch the footage with the red/white/yellow connections on a TV. I wish I could see those videos today.

We have a video tape about an hour and half long. Kinda jackass like and man we did some dumb stuff. Skateboarding, rcing, dirt bikes it was a hodgepodge. I think I microwaved a milkbone and slapped a piece of cheese on it and ate it for the video.

We have a video tape about an hour and half long. Kinda jackass like and man we did some dumb stuff. Skateboarding, rcing, dirt bikes it was a hodgepodge. I think I microwaved a milkbone and slapped a piece of cheese on it and ate it for the video.
So much Jackass copycat stuff here too. And then as we started getting licenses, we started doing it with real cars. We'd do bumper cars in the middle of a parking lot or at a red light, ghost ride them, hang out the door and surf the ground with our feet. Not sure how we're still alive.

So much Jackass copycat stuff here too. And then as we started getting licenses, we started doing it with real cars. We'd do bumper cars in the middle of a parking lot or at a red light, ghost ride them, hang out the door and surf the ground with our feet. Not sure how we're still alive.

that is awesome. It’s those memories I won’t forget. So much fun

Back