Inferno
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
What’s the scoop with this new TSB update that’s supposed to fix gear selection/shifting? Has anyone here did this update and if so, notice anything? Thanks!

Mr. Nobody

✓ • Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I did it about a week ago and I did notice a difference. The truck definitely feels better. It's not a rocket now like some are suggesting, but it is noticeable. The truck is doing a much better job of selecting and holding the appropriate gear. It also does a much better job of not holding the gear to long as well. It's still not what it could be, but the shift points in relation to needed torque are vastly improved. I would definitely recommend everyone go get the update as I feel this is a solid step in the right direction for Toyota.

SD_Taco

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Color
Inferno
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I did it about a week ago and I did notice a difference. The truck definitely feels better. It's not a rocket now like some are suggesting, but it is noticeable. The truck is doing a much better job of selecting and holding the appropriate gear. It also does a much better job of not holding the gear to long as well. It's still not what it could be, but the shift points in relation to needed torque are vastly improved. I would definitely recommend everyone go get the update as I feel this is a solid step in the right direction for Toyota.

Awesome! Glad to hear, thanks!

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Trying to get mine done now. They said my VIN isn't on the list so they can't do it. I asked them to politely just stop playing stupid and flash the fucking ECM. It'll either help or it won't. I had to suck their weed and offer some of my dick, but apparently they're now on the phone with corporate to see if they can do it...

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Not sure why they are making it this hard.
EF1F945F-7719-4FD7-97AE-5BDB35C5E4A5.png

AZ_CAVALRY

✓ • Diamond
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cavalry Blue
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Trying to get mine done now. They said my VIN isn't on the list so they can't do it. I asked them to politely just stop playing stupid and flash the fucking ECM. It'll either help or it won't. I had to suck their weed and offer some of my dick, but apparently they're now on the phone with corporate to see if they can do it...
Dang so it's not for everyone??

SD_Taco

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Color
Inferno
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Doesn’t make any sense to pay for an update to fix problems that came from the manufacturer.

S

SDyota_66

Unregistered or Deleted User
Doesn’t make any sense to pay for an update to fix problems that came from the manufacturer.
Looks like very specific VINs, but I agree with you. They know it's an issue with all. Why not flash them all and make all the people happy.

Mr. Nobody

✓ • Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
They won't do it because Toyota Carlsbad sucks. Go somewhere else, for everything. That place is garbage when it comes to service.

S

SDyota_66

My VIN was on the list. So after them "testing" my truck for five hours they hooked it up to the computer, saw the TSB required, and performed it. Throttle is way more responsive. Don't feel like I have to stomp it to get up a hill. It quickly and smoothly downshifts and drives way more better.

texplor

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,041
I flashed mine last week. I work for lexus so i had access to the software. The health check showed there was an available update for
my 17 ecm and ect. flashed and test drove. much smoother shifting. no early shifting on accel. to harsh shift from park to drive.
its a much more enjoyable truck now. If you are in the Austin, Tx area, hit me up.

S

SDyota_66

I flashed mine last week. I work for lexus so i had access to the software. The health check showed there was an available update for
my 17 ecm and ect. flashed and test drove. much smoother shifting. no early shifting on accel. to harsh shift from park to drive.
its a much more enjoyable truck now. If you are in the Austin, Tx area, hit me up.
Would you happen to know why the TSB called for T104, but when they flashed mine it was T103? Just curious, and totally agree with what you said.