• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jfrisch’s Red Taco build

Fuck, man. When I said break stuff I didn’t really mean throw rods and crack blocks, but hats off to ya, lol. 🤘

So are you gonna have the first V8 or first Cummins 3rd Gen? 😬

it was uncle rodneys time to go.

Well Warfab is about done with their 6.0. So I think I wanna go jdm.

1uz. 4.0 v8

it was uncle rodneys time to go.

Well Warfab is about done with their 6.0. So I think I wanna go jdm.

1uz. 4.0 v8
Have you been able to figure out what went wrong yet? Blown seal and oil went into coolant or something?

These motors are goofy.

One intake was full of oil but drained then this one was found full of it while taking this thing apart to pull it.

A068795A-4A1F-4A3F-80E4-3A7D86B848CD.jpeg

Also found this on the passenger side. So the drivers side and passenger side blew. Each side has a crack/ chunk blown out.

6AA54DAC-93FA-4A78-BA76-CD5951D95F9E.jpeg

Slight update on the truck.

Motor mounts are here. Transmission is on the way.

The way it will be setup is:

1uz, a340e (comes in the LS400 where the motor came from) adapted to a 4 runner manual t case. Stand-alone ecu and custom gauges and such to read temps and all that good stuff.

Really looking into a dual case right now so that may come about after this is all done. I’d just have to redo driveshafts again

Slight update on the truck.

Motor mounts are here. Transmission is on the way.

The way it will be setup is:

1uz, a340e (comes in the LS400 where the motor came from) adapted to a 4 runner manual t case. Stand-alone ecu and custom gauges and such to read temps and all that good stuff.

Really looking into a dual case right now so that may come about after this is all done. I’d just have to redo driveshafts again
Fun times. The frankentacoma. Coming back to life.

If you haven't already seen it, you need to check out this video series:

The dudes bought a HAGGARD Taco and brought it back to life. They engine swapped in like a day, lol.

That's badass. I was wondering where you've been. I'm sure you're busy as hell.

So busy. Waited on this transmission for like 3 months. Ordered two and every time they kept getting cancelled. It was a pita.

I’m back on it now!

Whole bunch of parts ordered for the 3rd gen. All the motor accessories and plugs, wires, injectors, etc. for the 1uz. Oil pan is being built as well. Getting started on the wiring harness as well, actually the shop I’m working with is doing it (northwest toys)

Picked up a 1st gen so the truck has someone to wheel for it while it’s down.

B2FC1757-64F1-4477-AD96-EDF00F8FB761.jpeg

Got the rear sump oil pan in and installed on the 1uz. Dropped it in with the trans and it clears the front diff now just fine. Do need to massage the firewall a bit and the motor mounts will line up.

Making progress now and I’m excited. Gonna clean the motor, install all the new gaskets/ accessories it was missing.

353A8845-8FD6-460A-B12A-911F587EE474.jpeg

Ever just re read your entire “build” thread? No, just me?

Well I did. And I can say lmao. This tacoma is/ has been a pain in my rear. But it’s been a lot of fun.

Also realized I haven’t put out a YouTube video in 9 months. I suck. I’m gonna get on that. Start right where it left off, blown motor. Have to run through a few things quick because I didn’t record hardly anything. I’m a terrible influencer.

3rd gen progress videos coming soon.

And, I got a little skip in my step and put a video up.

It’s hot af. I’m sweating my butt off and there is 2 fans on lol. Sorry for the quality.

2018 Tacoma 1UZ SWAP and more!
Original link: https://youtu.be/dRNxidC7wCo

👋🏻

I drove the truck around the neighborhood today. Was pretty neat to drive the truck again after almost 2 years. Have some bugs to work out with sensors, put the bumper, hood, etc back on and take it to my stock truck event I host every spring!

Chased the electrical gremlin for a while. With the help of the man who wired my harness we found it. Chinese ignitors. Truck was having a hard time trying to idle, and accelerate.

Swapped some oem toyota ones in and we have a minty idle and acceleration without stalling!

Now, I’m in a mad dash to throw all the parts back on to have it out this weekend.

A9599203-5584-480C-8FB6-C28233FDA858.jpeg

27D2F564-D7DA-4C43-AB57-87C881B9FD21.jpeg

Back