• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Future for Pelfreybilt

That's RAD!! Dude I was hoping someone would do that. That's epic.

Pelfreys probably sold their house and are bidding on their own stuff. Gonna re-brand and try again lol

So just in case anybody was wondering, the guys that won the Pelfreybilt auction are down there at Pelfreybilt's old location and are currently liquidating anything that they weren't able to get back to the people who lost their money in the bankruptcy. They will be down there today until "all this stuff is gone," and tomorrow. They have to be out of there by Sunday morning so they're liquidating everything relatively good deals.

I looked for the illusive 3rd gen high clearance rear dual swing out, and I found it. It was a barely tacked together high clearence rear with some sharpie writing on it.

I picked up a set of skid plates myself for the entire truck and it was a good deal. They have two aluminum front bumpers with the grill hoop. They also have the standard clearance rears and I believe one high clearance rear. They have zero swing out bumper for the 3rd gen and they have a lot of full skid sets for the the 3rd gen. They also have a bunch of random stuff. Fuse panels, high lift mounts, fairleads, other random stuff.

Get it while you can.

I was fortunate that I went through PayPal and got a refund but fuck me id kill to get a set of skids but I’m in Nj

I was fortunate that I went through PayPal and got a refund but fuck me id kill to get a set of skids but I’m in Nj

They had a lot of skids. Tomorrow all the stuff goes to Bay Area Metal Fabrications warehouse up north and supposedly everything will be up on their site next week. They'll be shipping things then too.

Go CBI Skids. Much better in my opinion. RCI has a nice skid set. Sadly it seems all this pelfrey stuff is being sold at full retail which seems kind of crazy to me. But those guys have a lot of money to recoup

Go CBI Skids. Much better in my opinion. RCI has a nice skid set. Sadly it seems all this pelfrey stuff is being sold at full retail which seems kind of crazy to me. But those guys have a lot of money to recoup
After going through cbi for my bumpers I honestly don’t want to give them my business anymore. It’ll end up being mobtown or those Pelfrey ones if I can get the right price

Last edited:
You can’t go wrong with RCI.

After going through cbi for my bumpers I honestly don’t want to give them my business anymore. It’ll end up being mobtown or those Pelfrey ones if I can get the right price
I hear ya. Their wait times these days are pretty outrageous. They make cool shit but they need to either ramp up production or outsource it.

I hear ya. Their wait times these days are pretty outrageous. They make cool shit but they need to either ramp up production or outsource it.
Waited 18 weeks per bumper and both times was given incorrect hardware. For rear lugs were wrong for the tire carrier which I found out after welding them on and second time wrong bolts for the support to the front bumper. Not what I want after giving them 4 grand and waiting 18+ weeks.

Also there was a good deal I was given after being screwed from the Pelfrey deal by doing a group purchase with my buddy also getting front and rear bumpers I 100% would’ve gone with relentless and still kinda wish I did because personally think it looks better and would’ve gotten the hoops. Eventually gonna have hoops welded onto my rear bumper

1. No one is answering any phones or emails.
2. I didn’t pay with a credit card.
3. Before all this, a friend of mine was refused a full deposit refund.
4. For order cancellations they charge 20%.

If you paid with a bank debit card, you can contact your bank to open an investigation on them. The bank will credit your account the amount you paid for the item, given the situation. If you paid with Paypal, you should be able to pull up your transaction and dispute it based on the transaction ID.

Waited 18 weeks per bumper and both times was given incorrect hardware. For rear lugs were wrong for the tire carrier which I found out after welding them on and second time wrong bolts for the support to the front bumper. Not what I want after giving them 4 grand and waiting 18+ weeks.
Yeah, my buddy has been waiting since before Thanksgiving which I think is ridiculous. My experience wasn't too bad. Got my skids in just about 3 weeks, which even still, is a little long for skids. But that's the reputation they have... And hardware is always an issue with them.

What a fuckin tool. If this self serving douchebag could suck his own dick, he would.

Edit, too bad you can't swing your ban hammer at anyone that calls you out over here, gayberry

download_20190223_090800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back