• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Early welcome to the super-top-secret lounge for supporting members!

I like "supporter" as in jock supporter! Cause you know you are kind of a ... JK. Patron is already claimed for Patreon subs. Or make it Patrón instead.
1646791846753.png

Last edited:
Not a fan of Patron either. Will probably leave it as Supporter unless someone has a better idea.

Tacoma3G Supporter
add new posts & threads:​
☑️
☑️
search all posts & threads:​
☑️
☑️
edit your posts:​
☑️
☑️
edit profile details:​
☑️
☑️
buy, sell, trade items:​
yes, limited​
☑️
participate in giveaways:​
yes, limited​
☑️
upload photos & videos to posts:​
photos only​
☑️
use private messaging:​
receive only​
☑️
add profile avatar & banner image:​
☑️
change website colors & use dark mode:​
light/dark only​
☑️
use push notifications:​
✖️
☑️
use custom user title in posts:​
✖️
☑️
change username:​
✖️
☑️
use built-in forum bookmarks system:​
✖️
☑️
add custom signature to posts:​
✖️
☑️
access private forum sections:​
✖️
☑️
custom build thread URL:​
✖️
☑️
blue username & supporter badge:​
✖️
☑️
access exclusive vendor discounts:​
✖️
☑️
use new website features early:​
✖️
☑️

I forgot something in that list and it's something that a lot of people asked for. Should have that something available for use later today. :D

If anyone has been waiting to join the new donation system and wouldn't mind testing it, that would be great. This has been surprisingly complicated to set up so I'm hoping the process works as we would expect it to. If you feel certain parts of the process could have more information, redirect you to a special page, etc, please let me know. It's hard to test the whole thing by trying to pay myself, lol.

Donations page: Donations (https://tacoma3g.com/donations/)

@Tyler, I really like the transparency of the donations. Nice work. Motivating and accountable.
1646874028270.png

Late to post and see all the good news! Was on my vacation offroading all around Moab, Arizona, etc. look forward to the changes and progress as always!

Late to post and see all the good news! Was on my vacation offroading all around Moab, Arizona, etc. look forward to the changes and progress as always!
Right on! Look forward to seeing some of those pictures.

Is this the lounge, or is the lounge somewhere else? I say the shout box, but It looks a little Twittery. I have a problem with paying too much attention to stuff like that so I have to just not look at it at all.

I'm definitely having a midlife tech crisis. Kicked off facebook because I got hacked and I didn't do anything about it for too long. Pretty turned off by Instagram, even though I used to love that platform. I can barely interact with my phone without wanting to stomp it into the dirt. Started buying CDs again.

Anyway, forums are very 2001 for me so this feels old school...

Not sure what that has to do with anything. What were we talking about? Oh yeah: Don't waste the impulse to be motivated or to rest. Both are a gift.

Cheers,

-M

I'm definitely having a midlife tech crisis. Kicked off facebook because I got hacked and I didn't do anything about it for too long. Pretty turned off by Instagram, even though I used to love that platform. I can barely interact with my phone without wanting to stomp it into the dirt. Started buying CDs again.
You're not missing out on social media. I got rid of mine last September and I'm glad to be rid of it! Don't need it to keep in touch with people, that's what phones are for right? Although I guess if you stomp your phone into the dirt you won't have that solution either...

I never stopped buying CDs....although I've had to rely more on music streaming services now that my radio can't even take CD"s.

@BearyHandsome is right, you're not missing much. I got rid of instagram, facebook, and twitter in December 2020 and don't miss it. My mental health is better and I waste less time melting my brain.

If the Tacoma had a CD player, I'd still have CDs. However, Spotify is pretty great - been listening to a lot of Dio-era Sabbath recently.

One thing that drew me to T3G was that it didn't look like a typical forum with sparse layouts, crappy "soft" color schemes (i.e. that weird blueish grey background), a shitty 90s or early 2000s-looking home page, and the use of those pixilated smiles in every post.

If the Tacoma had a CD player, I'd still have CDs. However, Spotify is pretty great - been listening to a lot of Dio-era Sabbath recently.
My wife and I kick Bezos a few bucks every month to help pay for his ultra mega yacht.... But Amazon Prime hhas been having streaming problems lately. Not sure if my phone is starting to suck or what. I have noticed often when I put my phone on the QI charger in the truck.

@saboltoothtiger do you get streaming lags? Can you download songs for offline playing when you get into dodgy cell coverage?

I do a lot of trail running and want to find a source of music that doesn't depend on cell signal.

Back