• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Early welcome to the super-top-secret lounge for supporting members!

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
You guys probably know this because you've been following the thread about this which I know because you explicitly volunteered to come hang out while I'm still working on things, but... I'm still high on caffeine, coding and working on website stuff like a manic nut, and writing run-on sentences like this one.

Anyway, welcome to what will become one of the supporting member perks. The idea is that this will be a private section for members who help keep our website online by donating or subscribing. With access, you'll be able to enjoy off-topic discussions with looser rules, buy/sell items with other trusted members, receive top-secret discounts, test new website features early, and whatever else we might think of.

I do have a bunch of things I need to do to make this section feel useful but I'll get to that stuff later.

Right now I'm still trying to make sure the account upgrades system is going to work right and I'm also trying to finish the first iteration of my complete website redesign. The website redesign is important because the current design is using a lot of outdated code that makes adding new features like this and other bigger things I have planned, very difficult.

Unfortunately, once my redesign is complete enough to make it the default, the current designs are probably going to have a bunch of broken areas. Eventually I would like to go back and fix whatever breaks so people can still choose to use the "legacy" designs if they want.

If you want to, you can browse the site using the work-in-progress redesign here. You'll see that I have a lot left to do to get it to look as close to the current designs as I can. You'll notice things displaying incorrectly, missing, etc. You can switch designs whenever you want here: Style chooser (https://tacoma3g.com/misc/style). If you do decide to take the risk and venture into the unknown, let me know what you love or hate about the redesign. And since it's a live work in progress, you can check it again throughout the day/week to see my changes/fixes.

Back to this super special top secret new section. You guys are able to read this thread because you volunteered to help me test stuff. You didn't get charged/won't have to pay to be in this section because I manually added you to it for now. Having a section like this was a popular suggestion I got so I guess we're going to see how it goes. I figure being able to buy/sell items between other forum regulars, and maybe having some off-topic chat that is a little looser in rules (without upsetting anyone though), could be fun. Someone also suggested putting a little chat box in here that would let us send "instant" messages like you would on Facebook. That's something I can do.

I'm gonna go back to drinking caffeine and coding stuff now. Thanks for coming to my Tyler talk.

Tyler,
Although we all apreciate the work on the forum and personally I think its pretty cool, Didn't you have some health issues recently? I think I can vouch for all of us, we dont want you ending up in the hospital with some sort of caffeine poisoning or whatever. This is all amazing and Im glad we get the opportunity to support the forum and and have a super secret classified member lounge, but a couple of more days wont hurt us

Tyler,
Although we all apreciate the work on the forum and personally I think its pretty cool, Didn't you have some health issues recently? I think I can vouch for all of us, we dont want you ending up in the hospital with some sort of caffeine poisoning or whatever. This is all amazing and Im glad we get the opportunity to support the forum and and have a super secret classified member lounge, but a couple of more days wont hurt us
Thanks. And yes, you're right. I actually have a VA appointment tomorrow morning. This is my problem though - I go on kicks where I feel very motivated. And then I crash for days to weeks and can't bring myself to do anything. It doesn't help that I always feel like I'm a slacker when it comes to T3G stuff even though I'm sure no one thinks that. I guess it's imposter syndrome.

This is my problem though - I go on kicks where I feel very motivated. And then I crash for days to weeks and can't bring myself to do anything
I can totally relate to this, I recently finnished building my second camper for the truck, the first one took me about a month and a half to finish, this one took me about 8 months, I started with the excitement of a new camper and a better one. Then it sat for about 7 months collecting dust, all of a sudden I got motivated and finished it. Motivation is veeery hard to find for me.

I can totally relate to this, I recently finnished building my second camper for the truck, the first one took me about a month and a half to finish, this one took me about 8 months, I started with the excitement of a new camper and a better one. Then it sat for about 7 months collecting dust, all of a sudden I got motivated and finished it. Motivation is veeery hard to find for me.
100%. I basically need something really cool in the near future to get me motivated. Like, the reason I'm probably so productive right now is because Paige and I are finally getting ready to get back on the road again, hopefully within 2 weeks. So the excitement about that has me wired, lol.

Speaking of website things, I've received this prompt twice.
Annotation 2022-03-03 143127.jpg

Hmmm this is going to be a fun one to figure out. I didn’t even know it was possible for it to ask for confirmation, let alone where to start looking into for why that occurred. I hope it’s not happening constantly.

I like the idea of this lounge, and it is nice to have a place for parts selling/trading where your not worried about getting rolled in a Walmart parking lot.

Makes me feel special, like the lounge at the airport with the beer vending machines…

You guys probably know this because you've been following the thread about this which I know because you explicitly volunteered to come hang out while I'm still working on things, but... I'm still high on caffeine, coding and working on website stuff like a manic nut, and writing run-on sentences like this one.

Anyway, welcome to what will become one of the supporting member perks. The idea is that this will be a private section for members who help keep our website online by donating or subscribing. With access, you'll be able to enjoy off-topic discussions with looser rules, buy/sell items with other trusted members, receive top-secret discounts, test new website features early, and whatever else we might think of.

I do have a bunch of things I need to do to make this section feel useful but I'll get to that stuff later.

Right now I'm still trying to make sure the account upgrades system is going to work right and I'm also trying to finish the first iteration of my complete website redesign. The website redesign is important because the current design is using a lot of outdated code that makes adding new features like this and other bigger things I have planned, very difficult.

Unfortunately, once my redesign is complete enough to make it the default, the current designs are probably going to have a bunch of broken areas. Eventually I would like to go back and fix whatever breaks so people can still choose to use the "legacy" designs if they want.

If you want to, you can browse the site using the work-in-progress redesign here. You'll see that I have a lot left to do to get it to look as close to the current designs as I can. You'll notice things displaying incorrectly, missing, etc. You can switch designs whenever you want here: Style chooser (https://tacoma3g.com/misc/style). If you do decide to take the risk and venture into the unknown, let me know what you love or hate about the redesign. And since it's a live work in progress, you can check it again throughout the day/week to see my changes/fixes.

Back to this super special top secret new section. You guys are able to read this thread because you volunteered to help me test stuff. You didn't get charged/won't have to pay to be in this section because I manually added you to it for now. Having a section like this was a popular suggestion I got so I guess we're going to see how it goes. I figure being able to buy/sell items between other forum regulars, and maybe having some off-topic chat that is a little looser in rules (without upsetting anyone though), could be fun. Someone also suggested putting a little chat box in here that would let us send "instant" messages like you would on Facebook. That's something I can do.

I'm gonna go back to drinking caffeine and coding stuff now. Thanks for coming to my Tyler talk.
Hey Ter! I really enjoy the style switcher.

So what's the difference with the T3G Patron and T3G Supporter? I see some have both and others have one.

Can anyone see this thread? or only the cool kids

@Tyler is there a way to add Buyer/Seller feedback? Not sure how to go about it, but a way to leave either positive or negative (respectively).
Yes. Not easily, but yes. I have that on my to-do list.

Style switching, VIP section, buyer/seller ratings, AND talk of beer vending machines?!
Also:

Special vendor discounts, special merch, other forum profile perks, special "interviews" with members about their trucks/builds/travels/etc

Back