• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Double battery thread.

I'm running a dual battery setup, pieced it together from various parts. Running a Northstar Group 35 battery on the passenger side with a OffGridEngineering Aluminum mount. The Group 35 battery is wired into the truck/starter and is the main truck battery. On the drivers side I'm running a Group 31M Northstar with a Pelfreybilt stainless steel mount. I modified the mount by welding studs onto the top of the mount to hold a BlueSea ML-ACR (Automatic Charging Relay). The ACR automatically combines when the truck is running and keeps the 31M topped up, I can also manually force the ACR closed to tie the battery together for jump starting or high amperage situations like winching. The ACR is good for 500A.

I'm also running BlueSea low profile fuses on each end of the positive cables.

More pics and info on my build thread here: CLICK HERE

P4131462-X2.jpg

P3290137-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy

Upvote 0
I'm running a dual battery setup, pieced it together from various parts. Running a Northstar Group 35 battery on the passenger side with a OffGridEngineering Aluminum mount. The Group 35 battery is wired into the truck/starter and is the main truck battery. On the drivers side I'm running a Group 31M Northstar with a Pelfreybilt stainless steel mount. I modified the mount by welding studs onto the top of the mount to hold a BlueSea ML-ACR (Automatic Charging Relay). The ACR automatically combines when the truck is running and keeps the 31M topped up, I can also manually force the ACR closed to tie the battery together for jump starting or high amperage situations like winching. The ACR is good for 500A.

P4131462-X2.jpg

P3290137-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy
If you needed to, could you jump start the primary with the secondary?

Upvote 0
Canadian taxes EY...
Then another 200-350 cdn (150 -270usd)for a basic style dual battery kit with no trays

Upvote 0
This is my next upgrade, been looking into doing dual battery, this way I can not worry about draining my battery with the ARB fridge I want to run. This and a 100w solar panel.

I too amlooking into this or a larger single. Getting a winch and a fridge one day. The self starting jump start is also handy

Upvote 0

P4131462-X2.jpg

P3290137-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy
Great idea with using the Pelfrey Built battery holder with OGE secondary holder together.

Upvote 0
Back