= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Post up your pics of your double battery set ups. Curious how everyone has theirs set up.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Calling Hodakaguy (unless I’m remembering incorrectly and it was someone else with the dual batt setup)

Hodakaguy

= IV • Gold
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tom
T3G Member
I'm running a dual battery setup, pieced it together from various parts. Running a Northstar Group 35 battery on the passenger side with a OffGridEngineering Aluminum mount. The Group 35 battery is wired into the truck/starter and is the main truck battery. On the drivers side I'm running a Group 31M Northstar with a Pelfreybilt stainless steel mount. I modified the mount by welding studs onto the top of the mount to hold a BlueSea ML-ACR (Automatic Charging Relay). The ACR automatically combines when the truck is running and keeps the 31M topped up, I can also manually force the ACR closed to tie the battery together for jump starting or high amperage situations like winching. The ACR is good for 500A.

I'm also running BlueSea low profile fuses on each end of the positive cables.

More pics and info on my build thread here: CLICK HERE

Hodakaguy

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I'm running a dual battery setup, pieced it together from various parts. Running a Northstar Group 35 battery on the passenger side with a OffGridEngineering Aluminum mount. The Group 35 battery is wired into the truck/starter and is the main truck battery. On the drivers side I'm running a Group 31M Northstar with a Pelfreybilt stainless steel mount. I modified the mount by welding studs onto the top of the mount to hold a BlueSea ML-ACR (Automatic Charging Relay). The ACR automatically combines when the truck is running and keeps the 31M topped up, I can also manually force the ACR closed to tie the battery together for jump starting or high amperage situations like winching. The ACR is good for 500A.

Hodakaguy
If you needed to, could you jump start the primary with the secondary?

ShikyoX

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor
T3G Member
Canadian taxes EY...
Then another 200-350 cdn (150 -270usd)for a basic style dual battery kit with no trays

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
This is my next upgrade, been looking into doing dual battery, this way I can not worry about draining my battery with the ARB fridge I want to run. This and a 100w solar panel.

951_yota

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Travis
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member
This is my next upgrade, been looking into doing dual battery, this way I can not worry about draining my battery with the ARB fridge I want to run. This and a 100w solar panel.

I too amlooking into this or a larger single. Getting a winch and a fridge one day. The self starting jump start is also handy

taco_xpd

= II • Bronze
First Name
Michael
T3G Member

Hodakaguy
Great idea with using the Pelfrey Built battery holder with OGE secondary holder together.

Top Bottom