• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coronxiety-19

Overland Expo West has been rescheduled for July 24th-26th. Makes sense considering how this is escalating.
Just saw that. On the bright side, I can probably make those dates now. However, who knows if those dates will even be safe enough.

Just saw that. On the bright side, I can probably make those dates now. However, who knows if those dates will even be safe enough.

Or if anyone will even have money to go by then. A lot of people are already hurting, imagine what it'll be like in a few months.

Very true. I think we are screwed for longer than some think.

Agreed. Even if the virus itself comes under control in let's say a few months, the lasting repercussions of this event are going to take years for this country to recover from.

On the other hand maybe the expo can adapt to changing times? Instead of offroading Segway classes they could teach people how to setup ground tents? Maybe a carpentry class to help some build a gear locker for their 10 year old minivan? Maybe the new Earthroamer will only have formica countertops!?

On the other hand maybe the expo can adapt to changing times? Instead of offroading Segway classes they could teach people how to setup ground tents? Maybe a carpentry class to help some build a gear locker for their 10 year old minivan? Maybe the new Earthroamer will only have formica countertops!?

It's certainly wouldn't be a bad idea for them to do some useful skills classes. Like how to read a map or use that fancy water filter that they just paid for.

My whole fkn truck build is on pause right now. My truck is on the other side of the country and Southern Style Offroad is under "Shelter in place" in Louisiana so I likely won't get my front bumper until May!? I ordered in January. My road trip was originally supposed to be the second half of April but now it doesn't look like it will happen until June. I'll have owned my truck for 6 months by the time I get to fkn see or drive it! Ughh.

My whole fkn truck build is on pause right now. My truck is on the other side of the country and Southern Style Offroad is under "Shelter in place" in Louisiana so I likely won't get my front bumper until May!? I ordered in January. My road trip was originally supposed to be the second half of April but now it doesn't look like it will happen until June. I'll have owned my truck for 6 months by the time I get to fkn see or drive it! Ughh.

That's crazy

Sucks man! Hopefully something happens sooner than later. The markets looked promising today and hopefully an economic restart around Easter. 6 trillion dollars has to do something right?

On a lighter note, I may or may not have loaded up Grand Theft Auto V and downloaded Call of Duty Warzone just to pass some time. Hahaha

That really blows. Victory 4x4 is in the same situation as of yesterday. One could argue their products help with social isolation and should remain open.

My place of employment was supposed close but because we print medical documents 10% of the time (currently not printing any) we were aloud to stay open.

This has been in my head all day... not complaining though

The army hasn’t really done a whole lot until just this week I’d say lol. I’m stationed out in El Paso and we have a handful of cases on post. Plenty of us are still working, but’s that’s the military so ??‍♂️ I’m just glad I don’t have to worry about a paycheck. Anybody have some extra tp laying around ? I’m using rolls from work at this point ?

The army hasn’t really done a whole lot until just this week I’d say lol. I’m stationed out in El Paso and we have a handful of cases on post. Plenty of us are still working, but’s that’s the military so ??‍♂️ I’m just glad I don’t have to worry about a paycheck. Anybody have some extra tp laying around ? I’m using rolls from work at this point ?
Lol. I’ve seen people take the single ply from the ship. They said prepare for the next 6 weeks. Granted we are in Washington state. 12 work days for the next 42 days. Can’t complain

Lol. I’ve seen people take the single ply from the ship. They said prepare for the next 6 weeks. Granted we are in Washington state. 12 work days for the next 42 days. Can’t complain
Shit I don’t even know what’s going to happen next week and you have a 42 day work plan lol. You’ll have plenty of time to plan some trips for after this craziness that’s for sure

Shit I don’t even know what’s going to happen next week and you have a 42 day work plan lol. You’ll have plenty of time to plan some trips for after this craziness that’s for sure
washington is a remain in place state now so no dice on that unfortunately

My county was just issued a "stay at home" order. My place of employment is still exempt. They just gave me a "hall pass" to drive to and from work. Starting Monday mandatory temperature checks before entering the building. but at least I'm getting a temporary 25% raise for showing up.

My county was just issued a "stay at home" order. My place of employment is still exempt. They just gave me a "hall pass" to drive to and from work. Starting Monday mandatory temperature checks before entering the building. but at least I'm getting a temporary 25% raise for showing up.

25% raise is nice. My work is like "well, this is what you signed up for so...."

We started doing twice daily health checks yesterday.

25% raise is nice. My work is like "well, this is what you signed up for so...."

We started doing twice daily health checks yesterday.
we medical screen everyone before they come on the ship. Basic questioner and a temperature

we medical screen everyone before they come on the ship. Basic questioner and a temperature

Same here when we show up to the station. Nothing crazy or anything that actually does anything to block anyone during their asymptomatic/contagious period.

86234153.jpg

In all seriousness how are you other healthcare workers doing? It's getting real out there and I'm really not in a hotspot. It's hard to imagine what is like back East.

86234153.jpg

In all seriousness how are you other healthcare workers doing? It's getting real out there and I'm really not in a hotspot. It's hard to imagine what is like back East.

I'm not out east, but things are picking up here in San Diego. The number of confirmed cases increased daily and the number of suspected when we run in calls is increasing as well. I've also even had calls where bystanders secondary to our actually patient are awaiting test results. So unfortunately that info may not immediately pop up in our assessments. There hospitals are hanging in there thus far. I honestly believe this is the can before the storm for us. I believe there are currently a lot of sick people in my area that are still asymptomatic and feel fine while infection countless others. Given another two weeks and unfortunately I think it'll be a different story.

I'm not out east, but things are picking up here in San Diego. The number of confirmed cases increased daily and the number of suspected when we run in calls is increasing as well. I've also even had calls where bystanders secondary to our actually patient are awaiting test results. So unfortunately that info may not immediately pop up in our assessments. There hospitals are hanging in there thus far. I honestly believe this is the can before the storm for us. I believe there are currently a lot of sick people in my area that are still asymptomatic and feel fine while infection countless others. Given another two weeks and unfortunately I think it'll be a different story.
I rode in with an ALS patient last night and the first 4 rooms I passed in the ED were all set up for isolation and had patients on vents with eithe ET tubes or bipap. Definitely a surreal moment for me. Also that elevated awareness when when I would normally think somebody is septic from pneumonia. I would usually wear gloves and call it good but not so much anymore.

As far as the asymptomatic and spreading it that's a huge concern. I'm hoping the blood test that test for antibodies becomes more prevalent. It would be nice to know about previous exposure.

Starting to long for the good old days of fire alarms and fall jobs lol

I rode in with an ALS patient last night and the first 4 rooms I passed in the ED were all set up for isolation and had patients on vents with eithe ET tubes or bipap. Definitely a surreal moment for me. Also that elevated awareness when when I would normally think somebody is septic from pneumonia. I would usually wear gloves and call it good but not so much anymore.

As far as the asymptomatic and spreading it that's a huge concern. I'm hoping the blood test that test for antibodies becomes more prevalent. It would be nice to know about previous exposure.

Starting to long for the good old days of fire alarms and fall jobs lol

I hear ya. I'd be perfectly happy going back to falls, TC's, and Narcan wake ups.

Back