• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coronxiety-19

Man, I’m so ready to get back into regular Tacoma/social life. And we aren’t even close to the end.
I'm ready for the daily temperature checks to stop. Day one was 100° yesterday was 86°. A steady drop over a week.

I know I die a little bit everyday but seeing a number and a chart that verifies it is really depressing.

The time to act on this was January, February :( as of October / November 2019 there was buzz about an unknown pneumonia that was getting loose and it was only identified as a novel coronavirus by January. But you know... spring break I guess

The time to act on this was January, February :( as of October / November 2019 there was buzz about an unknown pneumonia that was getting loose and it was only identified as a novel coronavirus by January. But you know... spring break I guess
For real. We’re going to be distantly socialing for a very long time. :(

Do you guys think it should be acceptable to still go camping and wheeling? Most people are on the stay home means stay home mindset, regardless if you are isolated in the woods. I'm indifferent.

Do you guys think it should be acceptable to still go camping and wheeling? Most people are on the stay home means stay home mindset, regardless if you are isolated in the woods. I'm indifferent.
My wife and I were talking about that. It’s the safest place to be imo.

I think there are several factors that play into this.
The location of said wheeling compared to your current.
The type of wheeling. You going on a 4 day excursion through snow and flooded back country that may require emergency services? Or are you hitting a trail you can walk out from?
Same with camping for the above topics.

We went wheeling and camping. Simple for us as that area is a whopping 15 minutes from the house. No one camped near us. We can walk out if need be. Had the tow rig there. Self sufficient, Food, fuel, good shelter (rv), first aid, etc etc.

I think there are several factors that play into this.
The location of said wheeling compared to your current.
The type of wheeling. You going on a 4 day excursion through snow and flooded back country that may require emergency services? Or are you hitting a trail you can walk out from?
Same with camping for the above topics.

We went wheeling and camping. Simple for us as that area is a whopping 15 minutes from the house. No one camped near us. We can walk out if need be. Had the tow rig there. Self sufficient, Food, fuel, good shelter (rv), first aid, etc etc.
Well put.

Never have I see the San Tan Mall in Arizona so empty, it's appocolyptic

Attachments

• IMG_2746.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 74
Turns out my welding hood takes the same battery allot of thermometers do so everyone is sold out of them....If you buy a tiny flashlight for 10 dollars you can get 4 batteries.... A 4 pack of them would normally cost $11.99 at the same store....dumb
20200417_141456.jpg

I think the issue with opening up the parks and making wheeling OK is that then everyone in the country will be wheeling in your nearest park as of immediately. You'll have jam packed parking lots and people stacked on top of one another all trying to get some "fresh air" while absolutely passing the bug around.

Most of the studies so far that they've done of random samples of population who never had symptoms and never thought they had this thing, 60% of them come back with the antibodies to prove they had it. This thing is weird and thankfully it isn't as deadly as other viruses but it's still going to have at least a six figure body count when all is said and done. We have almost a 911's worth of dead every day and a half or so right now. The whole thing is big yikes

I think the issue with opening up the parks and making wheeling OK is that then everyone in the country will be wheeling in your nearest park as of immediately. You'll have jam packed parking lots and people stacked on top of one another all trying to get some "fresh air" while absolutely passing the bug around.

Most of the studies so far that they've done of random samples of population who never had symptoms and never thought they had this thing, 60% of them come back with the antibodies to prove they had it. This thing is weird and thankfully it isn't as deadly as other viruses but it's still going to have at least a six figure body count when all is said and done. We have almost a 911's worth of dead every day and a half or so right now. The whole thing is big yikes
I saw two good points in memes on Reddit:

9/11: 3,000 killed and we go to war for too many years, spend trillions, and thousands of military personal die. (Not taking away from 9/11 itself though.)

Covid: x amount of people will be dead once its done, which is obviously WAY more than 9/11, and we can't just stay home and follow the rules.

Wtf is up with people protesting? Damn. Go anti-vaxx and protest Covid in another life after you're dead, not here, lol.

I saw two good points in memes on Reddit:

9/11: 3,000 killed and we go to war for too many years, spend trillions, and thousands of military personal die. (Not taking away from 9/11 itself though.)

Covid: x amount of people will be dead once its done, which is obviously WAY more than 9/11, and we can't just stay home and follow the rules.

Wtf is up with people protesting? Damn. Go anti-vaxx and protest Covid in another life after you're dead, not here, lol.
What if, and hear me out, you were just as focused during the 9/11 changes as you are now to rights, due process, expansion of already overreaching government abilities?
In the 9/11 scenario it was a lot of an eye for an eye so people ignored the back door loss of rights and liberties. Well for the most part anyway. However, now, the loss of those is a far more obvious and blatant, causing people to say whoa pump the brakes. The fact that there is no thing, person, group, whatever, to blame and go after to have a little feel good makes a big difference as well. I could care less what anyone does themselves or wants to do as a collective group, based off of their own situations. However, there isn't a damn thing I have to do to make someone else feel better or safer, safer obviously being used in a very light context. The fact that so much day to day control was so blatantly taken and happily surrendered by so many is what I dislike and disagree with. but the same way as I don't have to agree with you to let you do what you want to do, you don't have to agree with what I think or do to let me keep doing it. ( obviously you is being used as a very broad term, not you specifically. )

What if, and hear me out, you were just as focused during the 9/11 changes as you are now to rights, due process, expansion of already overreaching government abilities?
In the 9/11 scenario it was a lot of an eye for an eye so people ignored the back door loss of rights and liberties. Well for the most part anyway. However, now, the loss of those is a far more obvious and blatant, causing people to say whoa pump the brakes. The fact that there is no thing, person, group, whatever, to blame and go after to have a little feel good makes a big difference as well. I could care less what anyone does themselves or wants to do as a collective group, based off of their own situations. However, there isn't a damn thing I have to do to make someone else feel better or safer, safer obviously being used in a very light context. The fact that so much day to day control was so blatantly taken and happily surrendered by so many is what I dislike and disagree with. but the same way as I don't have to agree with you to let you do what you want to do, you don't have to agree with what I think or do to let me keep doing it. ( obviously you is being used as a very broad term, not you specifically. )
I do get that point of view, yeah. I still think if most things weren't such down, the virus would spread and spread.

I don't follow politics at all and don't follow too much covid stuff on purpose, but I do hear it all day from the family members around me, and I use Reddit a lot, so it's always in my face.

My sweeping generalization from the above, is if people followed the rules, the virus would spread less, and as a result, go away faster, and as a result, have things go back to normal sooner, which is what the people that don't stay home want the most anyway.

But I'm just doin' my thing spending extra time working on T3G and having the occasional aimless drive in my truck for some fresh air. Most of what is happening doesn't affect me directly. However, my wife is a CNA working in a nursing home with patients who have the virus. So, the people in our house are at a risk even with staying home. Being indirectly affected like that, especially when her dad has some existing medical issues, is why I would prefer to see people doing their best to not spread it.

I'm actually having peaceful day after peaceful day right now, doing what I'm doing.

I normally don't care what people do themselves either, like you said. If you want to get sick, go get sick, who cares. Want to become a drug addict and probably die of heroin like most of my friends have? It's on you, dude.

But in this unusual situation, not caring if you get sick isn't fair to the however many people you could've just spread it to, who did care and don't want to be sick.

I'm also not using "you" as literally you specifically.

My only thing, is the premise that staying home is helping is based off the idea that it is new to the area. Example being the Denver metro area. Shut down with super strict regulations, despite the fact that they have known about and been working on it since November. The exposures and everything have been there, but no one knew what they were looking at. While it is spread around and now there is a name for it, it is somewhat old news. This opinion of mine is based off of information and insight from a very good friend who runs a virology and chemical lab here in Colorado, that has been working on this for several months now.

Most pain in the ass install I’ve done on my truck

Not looking forward to the grinding and drilling coming up to accomplish the install on mine.

Not looking forward to the grinding and drilling coming up to accomplish the install on mine.
Yeah we torched off the factory rivers which took time and then cleaned it up and had to drill the holes. 9/10 on the pain level. I’d rather cut and install my bumpers alone again rather than install the hangers again

I was a year from graduating high school when 911 happened and I've been yelling about our vulnerable electronic voting systems, the electronic surveillance state and all of the other loss of liberties under the guise of safety. I've been preaching about it for 20 years now as I watch more and more of our liberties erode. The play comes from totalitarian regimes throughout history and has been dubbed the shock doctrine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shock_Doctrine

Those in power will never let a crisis go without moving their agenda forward (which is generally against the freedom of the people). It's why we don't ever solve the root of a problem. We profit off creating problems and never solving them, only profiting from treating the symptoms. I for one have never actually felt free. Everything I've ever learned about civics and government was cute in school but the real world operates in a much more sinister fashion and most of these freedoms are just marketing. /end rant #treadharderdaddy

edit to add a link to the most recent attack on our 4th amendment right while we're in quarantine and unable to protest the real issues our senators are going after end to end encryption. This is dangerous as it means it puts an end to a safe and free press that uses secure / encrypted mediums to communicate on and that's dangerous. This scares me and it should scare you. It doesn't matter the party, the grip gets tighter every cycle. https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/03/earn-it-act-violates-constitution

Last edited:
I go through ups and downs with motivation feeling good or bad, quite frequently. Right now I'm down again. Is this happening a lot to anyone else during the pandemic?

I go through ups and downs with motivation feeling good or bad, quite frequently. Right now I'm down again. Is this happening a lot to anyone else during the pandemic?
Yeah man it's a roller coaster. Trying to stay busy creating content and stuff but motivation is low lol

Yeah man it's a roller coaster. Trying to stay busy creating content and stuff but motivation is low lol
Same. Like, I have the time to being doing it -- working on the forum and creating videos. But my mind isn't there right now. :(

I've generally been feeling down lately as well. I think it's due to my routine being all jack up due to the quarintine. No morning gym, no weekly bar trips, obtaining anything is a pain in the ass due to lines to get into stores or closed showrooms. I actually went out to do a little exploring with the truck last week and didnt even have a good time because it's already getting hot and dry here. I'm definitely over this shit....

I've generally been feeling down lately as well. I think it's due to my routine being all jack up due to the quarintine. No morning gym, no weekly bar trips, obtaining anything is a pain in the ass due to lines to get into stores or closed showrooms. I actually went out to do a little exploring with the truck last week and didnt even have a good time because it's already getting hot and dry here. I'm definitely over this shit....
Very done with it. And it's not really ending anytime soon.

Back