• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coronxiety-19

Lord Humongous

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
Things I'm not doing to prepare for eminent viral apocalypse.​
  1. Quitting my job
  2. Wearing gloves at the gym
  3. Stockpiling toilet paper and hand sanitizer
  4. Cashing out my retirment accounts for tangible gold!
Over reacting? Under reacting?
giphy (1).gif

Things I'm not doing to prepare for eminent viral apocalypse.​
  1. Quitting my job
  2. Wearing gloves at the gym
  3. Stockpiling toilet paper and hand sanitizer
  4. Cashing out my retirment accounts for tangible gold!
Over reacting? Under reacting?
giphy (1).gif

I just continue to do what decent human beings do. Wash my hands and not sneeze on stuff.

Other than cussing my job every other day, I ain’t quitting ?

If you get it, you get it. If you don't, even better. Carry on with life.

(I understand getting it and then giving it to elderly family members is bad.)
Elderly with comorbidities like chronic respiratory illnesses.

I think I'm just tired of hearing about it. Knowing for myself at least it's more of a when not if I'm exposed situation I'm still not very concerned. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely taking isolation precautions seriously and would hate to spread any disease around.

My biggest concerns at the moment are my Gynasium situation and the overland expo lol. I already bought my tickets for the expo but wondering how that will pan out considering the recent cancellations of public gatherings. If my gym decides to shut its doors due to this it will be the BROpocalypse!!!

Elderly with comorbidities like chronic respiratory illnesses.

I think I'm just tired of hearing about it. Knowing for myself at least it's more of a when not if I'm exposed situation I'm still not very concerned. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely taking isolation precautions seriously and would hate to spread any disease around.

My biggest concerns at the moment are my Gynasium situation and the overland expo lol. I already bought my tickets for the expo but wondering how that will pan out considering the recent cancellations of public gatherings. If my gym decides to shut its doors due to this it will be the BROpocalypse!!!
Didn’t even think about the Expo. That’s going to be interesting.

This shit is getting wild. We are definitely living through some big history right now.

It will be interesting to look back on this in a few years. The grocery stores didn't have any corned beef, potatoes or cabbage. Happy fu@kin St. Patty's Day

This shit is getting wild. We are definitely living through some big history right now.

We really are. There re very few things every person on the planet shares as a collective experience. This is definitely one of them.

It will be interesting to look back on this in a few years. The grocery stores didn't have any corned beef, potatoes or cabbage. Happy fu@kin St. Patty's Day

That's brutal. We got lucky and had our St.Paddy's day dinner at the fire station a few days ago.

Also as a holiday consolation prize, in case anyone hasn't heard Flogging Molly will be live streaming a free live concert on their youtube channel tonight at 7 eastern/4 pacific.

Sorry guys, but I have to close Tacoma3G.com until further notice.

Okay now that's not funny. I'm planning to hit 1500 posts in the midst of this madness ?

That's brutal. We got lucky and had our St.Paddy's day dinner at the fire station a few days ago.

Also as a holiday consolation prize, in case anyone hasn't heard Flogging Molly will be live streaming a free live concert on their youtube channel tonight at 7 eastern/4 pacific.
I'm at the station today. Just went to the store...Still no corned beef! Lots of people buying processed crap like doritos, soda and cookies and for what ever reason people aren't buying pork? The empty produce is what's killing me. Stuff will be moldy by the time it's really needed? If it's really needed....

I'm at the station today. Just went to the store...Still no corned beef! Lots of people buying processed crap like doritos, soda and cookies and for what ever reason people aren't buying pork? The empty produce is what's killing me. Stuff will be moldy by the time it's really needed? If it's really needed....

It's been tough out here as well. Fresh produce seems to be non-existent. We bought food yesterday for tomorrows meal, then we're off for a few days, hopefully. Thankfully I have plenty at home.

It's been tough out here as well. Fresh produce seems to be non-existent. We bought food yesterday for tomorrows meal, then we're off for a few days, hopefully. Thankfully I have plenty at home.
I was talking with an employee in the produce section today. She said they have plenty of groceries but the truck drivers who deliver it are at their max hours for safe driving which is slowing things up. Probably a good thing otherwise people would have 50lbs of cabbage rotting in their fridges....

I was talking with an employee in the produce section today. She said they have plenty of groceries but the truck drivers who deliver it are at their max hours for safe driving which is slowing things up. Probably a good thing otherwise people would have 50lbs of cabbage rotting in their fridges....

Jesus the stench from that would be god awful. ? ? ?

If the media informed the public properly, this wouldn't be as mass hysteria inducing as it is now. Yes, this virus is new. In a very short time, it managed to mutate to transmit from animals to humans, and then mutated to transmit from human to human. That's the first concerning part.

The second concerning part is that it has such a wide range of symptoms. Some people experience a head cold, others end up with acute respiratory issues and end up on a ventilator in the ICU. It's got the same risk demographics as the flu, but because it's new, it's a lot more unpredictable, unlike the flu.

Being a paramedic, we see more issues with mass hysteria where everyone thinks the errant sniffle is COVID-19. People don't understand that social isolation isn't going to eliminate the virus. It simply decreases the rate at which cases spike and decreases load on infrastructure, allowing for better care and resource management. My girlfriend is an ICU nurse, and the hospitals are already seeing the strain from increased volume.

Basically, the rules of any infectious disease apply: Cover your mouth when you sneeze/cough, wash your hands, maintain a safe distance in social situations, and seek medical assistance if you are truly experiencing an emergency. I can't tell you how many calls I've had in the last week for nausea/vomiting, where people think it's COVID, not realizing it has no documented GI symptoms... yet.

So is it problematic? Yes. Can it be managed if people stopped buying 9000 rolls of toilet paper and pulled their heads out of their asses? Also yes.

In the navy everyone is freaking out. Sanitizing the ship twice a day working 2 days taking 6 off. Some ships have pulled anchor and moved off the coast to quarantine them selves. Crazy shit

In the navy everyone is freaking out. Sanitizing the ship twice a day working 2 days taking 6 off. Some ships have pulled anchor and moved off the coast to quarantine them selves. Crazy shit

Damn so the Navy is working more now?!? ?

Overland Expo West has been rescheduled for July 24th-26th. Makes sense considering how this is escalating.

Back