• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coronxiety-19

Yeah I think this whole thing is getting to everyone. Hang in there fellas.

Try to get some skin exposed to some sun for the vitamin D. It helps fight off colds and infections and it also helps you balance your mood / get to sleep at night. With all this time indoor your circadian rhythm is sure to take a hit if you don't try to maintain some balance. Good luck everyone. My gym was kind enough to lend out all their free weights to the gym members that kept their memberships. So my wife and I have been working out on our regular schedule on the back deck, some sun, maybe a dip in the pool before a shower. All that said, I'm in a state where they've basically given up on lockdown. Marinas, golf courses, parks and all sorts of stuff is suddenly open ass of this weekend. I took the bike out earlier and I have never seen more families packed on sidewalks on bicycles. Easily 12+ people waiting for light changes at each intersection. My wife and I are going to keep up protocol through this month but our state will absolutely be seeing a second wave of this in the next week or two. joy.

Good luck all. Try and stay positive.

Try to get some skin exposed to some sun for the vitamin D. It helps fight off colds and infections and it also helps you balance your mood / get to sleep at night. With all this time indoor your circadian rhythm is sure to take a hit if you don't try to maintain some balance. Good luck everyone. My gym was kind enough to lend out all their free weights to the gym members that kept their memberships. So my wife and I have been working out on our regular schedule on the back deck, some sun, maybe a dip in the pool before a shower. All that said, I'm in a state where they've basically given up on lockdown. Marinas, golf courses, parks and all sorts of stuff is suddenly open ass of this weekend. I took the bike out earlier and I have never seen more families packed on sidewalks on bicycles. Easily 12+ people waiting for light changes at each intersection. My wife and I are going to keep up protocol through this month but our state will absolutely be seeing a second wave of this in the next week or two. joy.

Good luck all. Try and stay positive.

Getting jacked and tan. 😎

Relic living that seafarers life :) I sold my boat 8 months ago and boyyyyyyy am I missing it now!

I hear you man. Is it offshore or pulling pots or both? Either way, someone elses boat for pleasure is always best :)

got damn! glad you're off the tanker as I hear those are just stranded offshore in holding patterns and the ferry must be a cushy upgrade :) easier at the dock as well haha

Downtown Reno this weekend 😦

I'm in one of those denial states so we're on the uphill climb of hospitalization and infection rates. Lockdown was barely enforced, we reopened early without any success over the virus to justify it. This weeks movie suggestions: Wall E and Dr. Strangelove nightly before bed until mood improves.

I'm in one of those denial states so we're on the uphill climb of hospitalization and infection rates. Lockdown was barely enforced, we reopened early without any success over the virus to justify it. This weeks movie suggestions: Wall E and Dr. Strangelove nightly before bed until mood improves.
hang tight man, it ain’t as bad as you think. unfortunate that the news keeps pummeling is with doom and gloom.

the hospital I work at in NY (not nyc) never got beyond 50% capacity, always had extra vents and beds.

everyone will be exposed and get this thing at some point, and most folks will do just fine.

My wife is a medical professional and works in pediatrics. As a result, she's been furloughed this whole time. We're young enough and healthy enough to not be worried about the disease for ourselves, but our parents and grandparents are quite vulnerable due to medical history and age so it sucks being away from the people you love for so long. Also, they locked down too late and long enough to cause financial strain, so several friends and family were forced to take out loans just to cover their 2.5 months of being shutdown and now they owe that debt and their businesses may not recover because of this weird new "good luck out there" mentality we are forced to live in. Some family was talking about opening a second location for their business back in January and now they may not even be able to keep the first one open. It's one thing if you lock down successfully and flatten the curve, but to not even have an impact on the virus while causing all of the economic fallout only to reopen prematurely anyway is just adding insult to injury.... I do my best to ignore hyperbolic media but I'm pretty sure we end up in lock down number 2 again if we keep pretending we don't know how viruses spread.

I'm mostly eager to get my damn truck on trail and get on with existing that's for sure

My grand father just passed on Tuesday, not covid related. He was at a nursing home where the virus was running rampant and because of that they are saying it was covid related. Which hindered what could be done with funeral arrangements. After an Aunt PAID for a test to be done and it came back negative we were able to have a viewing and proceed with a proper funeral. Makes me wonder how much the stats are over blown?

All the tests tell you there's a high chance of false positives and or false negatives. We took the antibody tests because we felt we had it in February after traveling and experiencing all of the symptoms and a flu like neither of us had ever experienced before. Do we trust the antibody test? Probably. So we keep our hygiene protocol, mask and all that when possible.

We have friends that are doctors treating covid patients and they're definitely seeing the infection rates and the virus spreading as expected but the concern is patients that may need ventilators and beds. If everyone in a city needs a bed / ventilator and there are none, that's when people die. That's what Italy was experiencing at peak and they were plenty worried with reason.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The nursing homes have been treated as no-go zones around here and it's definitely costing the lives of patients in care. If you needed some other kind of treatment or care, it simply isn't available right now for whatever variety of reasons they may give.

We have a family friend who's father was on a ventilator in the UK and was near death but was able to recover. Some lung damage will remain from the virus but he was in hospital for 4 weeks and sick for nearly 6 weeks straight. It was scary as no one could travel and his wife couldn't even go into the hospital while he was in there. Cyberpunk Dystopia :/

Rough stuff. Sorry for all that you guys are going through. We put a couple patients on ECMO that unfortunately did not make it. But we’ve had quite a few folks—the majority, in fact—who just needed oxygen for a week, and recovered just fine. For the few that needed vents, 70% don’t make it. But again, while it’s always sad when someone dies, they are by far the minority of patients.

Don’t be afraid, look death in the face and keep living. Of all the bad things covid is doing, helping people live each day as if it was their last is the silver lining in a very dark cloud. Go adventure, love your family, forgive others, make things right.

Back