• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Az bs thread.

What's up guys? There is a lot of crossover between TW and T3G, and since TW has been slow I figured I would say hello and jump in the fray here as well.

For whoever isn’t in tw, I got a new hoe to slap around
9C4EF735-EFB3-4023-AD28-74E1A87CC91C.jpeg

Fuck ya Dave how is it
It’s coming home today. Just test drove & signed most the paperwork yesterday. (Went alone, no one could come out to take my other truck home)
What can brown do for you? What’s the plan for this one?
Well the gf convinced me to get this one. Sadly it’s a 2wd. The 4wd was 3k more, we’re getting a t4r in a couple years so figured we’d slap all kinds of recovery gear & a winch on this one plus lifting & tires.
Gonna take the skinny 33s we were going to sell & put them on it

Metal Moto 915 rims (16's) with Cooper ATP's. Decent tread on the tires still. Rims are in great condition - price $200​
E_GPvPGLKfQCqRdH3QdDsr48UDQNruyXRyT-3v70wOLGsGyykn9UjYeQFVsGnZiMuZhfLzskbksrIqRK_z7xPpRx6qWen-1cjSQwWBdt5z4qSmp77GM5PohfpJA7cGNtSWr0ESPY1FbECSJ_AKil4Ksx9cTT56Ngr9i-rk44qbJRxrJT0rhyc1-CLleqR_7EDTBJDTzEiNSBJw2FLsEUfGOOaRG7nUBDaif0H2QMChLSTIyaZuPB8MiZKELkdZX2Kk9240vDT1M-LBIDjMYTfkMQTUDJ9ZjTOArM2AuZd_njw20WG-9exrd0v5CCq_hsnINfk0Vus-5k1sp11pZbjXGTcPJz7l4wr_Y-a0ckIC7WuC5LX3M9HvCZ8Ctmr9Nl9ng8qDB7vTxsw_kwVuqI4ble5EIFoSyoOSKm0QNRAOtFzeZUa9U8pmeK3bmg5xXGKvRpBGeBTdf8pRokhvElxf76_rFO7iDX-PCC-sWl_KA7CxzZ0P4Bwf8LExogooTLMa7De_FPX2n53K4xqQDOVbNyAgPOT6zSzIDw6IB7TOqu0fuo5TXKAbP9woo1_A_ckFQJ8SHop3fqBjYKolxGKs1oQFjjPCGH-pyRINdzeqvAF0BBx1tTKdUIMbpNKsXf=w711-h948-no
h_Ecg06L95Pal_mm4m9m9i7qez4hZeFgIQIbYp66UcfeoZtYF2SNaxspGW8nKA-O4C9syHN41UXVMGFxVBtb7p94fthjUetGDz7lvSN6HF-PPFW4iyki64MCyxlEnVLbCWfj7bOKo-bjWRoS8DsvJIzhJaHoFpK3WyPbYs2J2BUPUn08R9YRql-rUSMKIe56hyt-2yDJPjKDsLyMo8Bg-v3sDDLXVDSeT1SKyRplxAdKDmkHzN9PVI97Giq1L5BKqTFzu-AAkJ6ho0qzMu5a37lcEZU6WxWo9d-v10w3wSJAKncOMKWF8DYkqy9dH749zWaLYO1aTHh_cSjBdZKrdUM7jtuiAWfy6YmtCPCMAHd2xHxqinNiNusnV0rEZFYLpgOT3IkFWiR9EqMDKlBW8D7LnDbZ6rdj5HFSV6udBhUwNppq-hR9ZGzN7Yh8kD8XXyrz9SOcegimkTjCmqQVtVziHxyd41q8Q04YPIweSz8k5yiAzg6gkmCmuT6XWTPxA2-1DMRI67i-689eg6InQadQR6D30ATNw_EhxDSCTnP095hii_UzO54vurFNupowvN4KBePhC9goYPVfULTqO4_vVGKRQxX6ECrKIUlJ517C5a_PQzcjCaGIOIVBiisU=w1264-h948-no

I’m pretty much keeping it to Afe or airaid. Should bought the one on offer up like 2 months ago. Was a good deal
Stay with stock. Intakes on the 3rd gen do nothing except make a lot of noise. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine

Stay with stock. Intakes on the 3rd gen do nothing except make a lot of noise. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine
Idk, I would like to try it. When I had my 2nd gen it really helped with Mpgs when I had intake and exhaust. I ran 3 tanks with stock both and got 14.5 every time. When I had the Afe and Aero turbine I never went under 15.8 with same exact routes.

Idk, I would like to try it. When I had my 2nd gen it really helped with Mpgs when I had intake and exhaust. I ran 3 tanks with stock both and got 14.5 every time. When I had the Afe and Aero turbine I never went under 15.8 with same exact routes.

I did the initial and long term testing for Airaid... I gained nothing, just a very annoying induction noise. I ran their throttle body spacer as well. Maybe a slight increase in throttle response but you can either take my word for it or experience the same thing as well.

I'm running the AFE basically for the growl when you step on it. Couldn't tell for sure if it makes a difference or not power wise. Although when the truck is loaded and going up north, it does drive me nuts how loud it is. I really could go either way with or without it at this point. i do also like the fact that the filter is washable though.

Maybe there isn’t a difference this time or it was the exhaust that helped my 2nd gen out. I used my ultra gauge for all the differences.

Maybe there isn’t a difference this time or it was the exhaust that helped my 2nd gen out. I used my ultra gauge for all the differences.

I’m running the AFE. I have had it for a couple of months now. They make some substantial claims about the horsepower increase, but I don’t know that I’ve experienced them. I have noticed that I average about a .5 mpg increase IF anything at all. It sounds good, and I am not unhappy with it. I guess I just have some overall indifference to it at this point.

If you ever want to test it out, let me know and you can take my truck for a test drive.

Is it bad I want a Trd pro 4 runner or a nicely built one. This 3.5 is starting to get to me

I just like that new 4.0 a lot. I’m sure it makes way better torque and the horsepower isn’t basically the same
New 4.0? There's nothing new about the 4.0 that they are phasing out dude. Some subtle differences between models but nothing at all significant

New 4.0? There's nothing new about the 4.0 that they are phasing out dude. Some subtle differences between models but nothing at all significant
True. I’m just tired of the truck kind of being a dog which is making me look into a 2nd vehicle . I really don’t have interest in selling the truck though. It just hurts the head sometimes when I drive it. It doesn’t feel happy

True. I’m just tired of the truck kind of being a dog which is making me look into a 2nd vehicle . I really don’t have interest in selling the truck though. It just hurts the head sometimes when I drive it. It doesn’t feel happy
I get that. Gears made a big difference, and cheaper than a new ride. Ultimately the Tacoma is never going to be a big power vehicle.

4Runner will feel just as underpowered once you start the mods. Like Jerry said, gears make a difference. Give gears a shot. If you go the 4Runner route, don’t waste your money on a pro. Get the off-road and mod. Either route you go, you’re gonna want to re-gear.

True, the truck will be staying. I don’t mind putting money into a new vehicle because I only want it for like 8 months. Also would be nice to have while the truck is down for gears.

Somebody say gears? I want 529’s (I think).

Overland/off road vehicle meet at 4 til 4 coffee in old town Scottsdale this morning. Heading down shortly

Back