• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Az bs thread.

My Golden Retriever is having her eyes removed today. Unfortunately she has a hereditary disease unique to golden's that causes fluid pressure on their optic nerve, leading to glaucoma and eventual blindness. What sucks is there is no way to catch it ahead of time and once it starts, it's just a ticking clock. I have been getting her weekly pressure checks in her eyes, applying 4 different drops in each eye 3 times a day, giving her CBD treats for the pain and have had her on several anti inflammatories trying to delay the total vision loss, but the day has ultimately come. What I care the most about is alleviating her pain. The pain gets so severe that it completely disorients her making it very hard for her to get around but when she isn't in pain, gets around mostly fine. If you guys wouldn't mind sending some positive vibes her way, I'd appreciate it. She's such a good dog and I hate to see her lose her vision but she is otherwise very healthy and extremely happy.

My Golden Retriever is having her eyes removed today. Unfortunately she has a hereditary disease unique to golden's that causes fluid pressure on their optic nerve, leading to glaucoma and eventual blindness. What sucks is there is no way to catch it ahead of time and once it starts, it's just a ticking clock. I have been getting her weekly pressure checks in her eyes, applying 4 different drops in each eye 3 times a day, giving her CBD treats for the pain and have had her on several anti inflammatories trying to delay the total vision loss, but the day has ultimately come. What I care the most about is alleviating her pain. The pain gets so severe that it completely disorients her making it very hard for her to get around but when she isn't in pain, gets around mostly fine. If you guys wouldn't mind sending some positive vibes her way, I'd appreciate it. She's such a good dog and I hate to see her lose her vision but she is otherwise very healthy and extremely happy.

That's horrible but you'd be amazed how much of a normal life a dog can live without vision. I have a 15 year old right now who's 95% blind and deaf. I've had another blind dog in the past. The tip I can give you is don't move things around the house a lot. Once a dog maps out the house moving anything really can screw with them.

Me and my 6 dogs are sending good vibes to your doggy!

That's horrible but you'd be amazed how much of a normal life a dog can live without vision. I have a 15 year old right now who's 95% blind and deaf. I've had another blind dog in the past. The tip I can give you is don't move things around the house a lot. Once a dog maps out the house moving anything really can screw with them.

Me and my 6 dogs are sending good vibes to your doggy!
Thanks man, I appreciate that and it's great tp hear. She mostly gets around just fine, but I do have to keep an eye on her when she goes outside because of the pool. Ultimately I will likely fence off the pool just to eliminate the possibility of her falling. She is a very smart dog, and fortunately the new house is pretty open so it's easy for her to get around.

Again, really appreciate the advice and good vibes.

This sucks. Just took my 14yo mini Schnauzer in to test for this exact thing. We were fortunate he passed. Still he has started winding down drastically from his normal self this past week. I dread the inevitable.

How old is your dog? Positive thoughts for her.

00DFF587-6683-4A4D-81AE-CACFB617F96D.jpeg

This sucks. Just took my 14yo mini Schnauzer in to test for this exact thing. We were fortunate he passed. Still he has started winding down drastically from his normal self this past week. I dread the inevitable.

How old is your dog? Positive thoughts for her.

00DFF587-6683-4A4D-81AE-CACFB617F96D.jpeg
Thanks brotha and positive thoughts to you and you're dude too.

Bella is 11 and still very active. When she was in pain however, she didn't move much because she was so disoriented. So I knew it was time to take action and got her in for the procedure asap.

Jerry, we are so sorry for all you and Bella are going through! We had a foldable fence we used on our blind Boston terrier. All we can suggest is to get the pool fence ASAP to avoid a tragedy.
You and Bella are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care, DJ and Mayr

That sux Jerry. Sending good vibes your way. Hope it all works out. Nothing worse than seeing a dog suffer. I lost a German and a Malamute to cancer. Never cried so much in my life.

That sucks and sorry to hear. Is it corneal endothelial dystrophy?

Sucks to hear that about your golden. Good thoughts heading your way

Thanks guys! She did great over the weekend. Obviously going to be a bit of an adjustment, but she is doing way better than I thought she would. I can tell that she is much happier now that she is not in pain, so that makes me feel good. She's making her way around the house and front yard just fine however the back yard is going to take some work and a pool fence is likely in my very near future. Definitely appreciate all the kind words, you guys are awesome.

Thanks guys! She did great over the weekend. Obviously going to be a bit of an adjustment, but she is doing way better than I thought she would. I can tell that she is much happier now that she is not in pain, so that makes me feel good. She's making her way around the house and front yard just fine however the back yard is going to take some work and a pool fence is likely in my very near future. Definitely appreciate all the kind words, you guys are awesome.

Glad that it went well, and she’s not in pain.

I am so glad that it went well.. I have a fence you are welcome to.

After she's headed up you can teach her where the pool is and she'll learn really fast where not to step. Just keep walking her around it using verbal commands to let her know that she's near the edge. Our friend who has a pool and blind dog didn't use a gate but put down a little layer of fake grass before the cool deck. The dog knows once it feels that fake grass to turn around. They added different types of textures around the backyard and house to help with the dog's travels. The dog knows real grass it the potty, fake grass is the gate, rocks lead to nowhere.

Biggest thing, which I've mentioned, do not re-arrange your furniture. This literally makes the dogs life a living hell until they map the place out again. My wife LOVES to move shit around and our poor blind dog is always getting stuck. Like in the middle of the room she hits a box, she stops and doesn't know what to do but turn around. She won't try and figure a way around the box. It's either a dead stop or turn around until she finds out where she's at.

This site has good info.

https://www.blinddogrescue.org/dog-blindness/tips-for-owners/

Very happy to hear that Bella is doing well, and not in pain. Sending good vibes for a continued good recovery and adjustment.

Ah that's awesome to hear. Glad she's doing well.

While we're on the subject, I picked up a new co-pilot over the weekend. @Juan50JuanRum found 4 pups outside his work during the Rosa storms and I couldn't help but say yes.

1539203557140.png

I've got a single Baja Designs Squadron Sport, Amber Driving/Combo available. was going to use it for chase lighting but want to go a different direction. Still in box, never installed, even includes a sticker. $100

I've got a single Baja Designs Squadron Sport, Amber Driving/Combo available. was going to use it for chase lighting but want to go a different direction. Still in box, never installed, even includes a sticker. $100
Might be interested. Trade?

Lost my adopted Grandpa on Monday to old age. He was 92.

Just said my final goodbye my uncle today. Stage 4 cancer and he can barely talk anymore. It's just day's away until he passes.

On a positive note I got quartz countertops installed.

That's all I got.

Lost my adopted Grandpa on Monday to old age. He was 92.

Just said my final goodbye my uncle today. Stage 4 cancer and he can barely talk anymore. It's just day's away until he passes.

On a positive note I got quartz countertops installed.

That's all I got.
Sorry to hear that man. Condolences to you and your family.

Needed a pick me up. Sitting at cogburns waiting for discount to install my rims and tires.

Back