• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

5100’s with a 1” block?

jeffscolly

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I’m currently running 3rd gen Bilstein 5100’s at the 1.5” setting. I’m gonna be readjusting to the front to the full 2” and didn’t want to end up with a lean. The rear is currently stock with the 5100’s as well. Any thoughts on a 1” block to level me out?

EE4B3CC8-5CDF-4D00-8EC9-33384436A944.jpeg

I too am looking at running this setup. Although I've seen some videos of 88rotors on YouTube do a 2" rear block and makes me want to do the same. You should check it out.

Peace.

I have heard that blocks and spacers will void warranty can anyone confirm this?

I have the same setup, with OME 887 coils up front and a 1" block in the back. Truck sits pretty level with no weight.
2018-09-03_07-31-13.jpg
Looks good! I’ve been on the fence with a 1” or 1.5” block. Even thought about doing an add-a-leaf, but they vary from 1.5-2”. I’d also like to keep the stock ride quality and not have so much of a rake

Looks good! I’ve been on the fence with a 1” or 1.5” block. Even thought about doing an add-a-leaf, but they vary from 1.5-2”. I’d also like to keep the stock ride quality and not have so much of a rake
Yeah that's what I was going back and forth on. I didn't consider doing a rack and RTT so soon, and now I need to get a full leaf pack in the rear to help with the rake.

You’re leaning toward a block over AAL or a leaf pack replacement for ride quality? Or is it cost?

Is your truck mostly getting used on pavement or do you plan on wheeling?

I recently installed the 1” block and set the Bilstein’s to 2”. I got exactly what I was looking for price wise and ride quality . Not much crazy trails where I’m from, so my truck doesn’t take too much abuse.

be weary with rear blocks. i have seen them come out while offroading. not sure what your intention is with your tacoma, but just be aware of the fact thats a possibility. I would go with a full leaf pack, or an AAL. I just got a full leaf pack myself (heavy duty pack OME)

be weary with rear blocks. i have seen them come out while offroading. not sure what your intention is with your tacoma, but just be aware of the fact thats a possibility. I would go with a full leaf pack, or an AAL. I just got a full leaf pack myself (heavy duty pack OME)

Not only that, but on trucks that have issues with axle wrap from the factory, even a 1" block runs the risk of making it worse.

Back