SUSPENSION 5100’s with a 1” block?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

jeffscolly

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,102
I’m currently running 3rd gen Bilstein 5100’s at the 1.5” setting. I’m gonna be readjusting to the front to the full 2” and didn’t want to end up with a lean. The rear is currently stock with the 5100’s as well. Any thoughts on a 1” block to level me out?

EE4B3CC8-5CDF-4D00-8EC9-33384436A944.jpeg

Taco_truck556

= I • Lurker
T3G Member
#1,093
I too am looking at running this setup. Although I've seen some videos of 88rotors on YouTube do a 2" rear block and makes me want to do the same. You should check it out.

Peace.

Greg wolf

= I • Lurker
First Name
Chad
T3G Member
#1,168
I have heard that blocks and spacers will void warranty can anyone confirm this?

jeffscolly

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,102
I have the same setup, with OME 887 coils up front and a 1" block in the back. Truck sits pretty level with no weight.
2018-09-03_07-31-13.jpg
Looks good! I’ve been on the fence with a 1” or 1.5” block. Even thought about doing an add-a-leaf, but they vary from 1.5-2”. I’d also like to keep the stock ride quality and not have so much of a rake

AZ_CAVALRY

= VI • Diamond
RotM Winner
First Name
Josh
T3G Member
Looks good! I’ve been on the fence with a 1” or 1.5” block. Even thought about doing an add-a-leaf, but they vary from 1.5-2”. I’d also like to keep the stock ride quality and not have so much of a rake
Yeah that's what I was going back and forth on. I didn't consider doing a rack and RTT so soon, and now I need to get a full leaf pack in the rear to help with the rake.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
You’re leaning toward a block over AAL or a leaf pack replacement for ride quality? Or is it cost?

Is your truck mostly getting used on pavement or do you plan on wheeling?

jeffscolly

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,102
I recently installed the 1” block and set the Bilstein’s to 2”. I got exactly what I was looking for price wise and ride quality . Not much crazy trails where I’m from, so my truck doesn’t take too much abuse.

Malcolm

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
Military
Navy
T3G Member
be weary with rear blocks. i have seen them come out while offroading. not sure what your intention is with your tacoma, but just be aware of the fact thats a possibility. I would go with a full leaf pack, or an AAL. I just got a full leaf pack myself (heavy duty pack OME)

SubCultureNM

= II • Bronze
First Name
Brian
T3G Member
be weary with rear blocks. i have seen them come out while offroading. not sure what your intention is with your tacoma, but just be aware of the fact thats a possibility. I would go with a full leaf pack, or an AAL. I just got a full leaf pack myself (heavy duty pack OME)

Not only that, but on trucks that have issues with axle wrap from the factory, even a 1" block runs the risk of making it worse.

Top Bottom