SUSPENSION 5100’s with a 1” block?

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

jeffscolly

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,102
I’m currently running 3rd gen Bilstein 5100’s at the 1.5” setting. I’m gonna be readjusting to the front to the full 2” and didn’t want to end up with a lean. The rear is currently stock with the 5100’s as well. Any thoughts on a 1” block to level me out?

EE4B3CC8-5CDF-4D00-8EC9-33384436A944.jpeg

Taco_truck556

✓ • Lurker
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,093
I too am looking at running this setup. Although I've seen some videos of 88rotors on YouTube do a 2" rear block and makes me want to do the same. You should check it out.

Peace.

Greg wolf

✓ • Lurker
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Chad
T3G Member
#1,168
I have heard that blocks and spacers will void warranty can anyone confirm this?

jeffscolly

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,102
I have the same setup, with OME 887 coils up front and a 1" block in the back. Truck sits pretty level with no weight.
2018-09-03_07-31-13.jpg
Looks good! I’ve been on the fence with a 1” or 1.5” block. Even thought about doing an add-a-leaf, but they vary from 1.5-2”. I’d also like to keep the stock ride quality and not have so much of a rake

AZ_CAVALRY

✓ • Diamond
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cavalry Blue
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Looks good! I’ve been on the fence with a 1” or 1.5” block. Even thought about doing an add-a-leaf, but they vary from 1.5-2”. I’d also like to keep the stock ride quality and not have so much of a rake
Yeah that's what I was going back and forth on. I didn't consider doing a rack and RTT so soon, and now I need to get a full leaf pack in the rear to help with the rake.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
You’re leaning toward a block over AAL or a leaf pack replacement for ride quality? Or is it cost?

Is your truck mostly getting used on pavement or do you plan on wheeling?

jeffscolly

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,102
I recently installed the 1” block and set the Bilstein’s to 2”. I got exactly what I was looking for price wise and ride quality . Not much crazy trails where I’m from, so my truck doesn’t take too much abuse.

Malcolm

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Pro
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
be weary with rear blocks. i have seen them come out while offroading. not sure what your intention is with your tacoma, but just be aware of the fact thats a possibility. I would go with a full leaf pack, or an AAL. I just got a full leaf pack myself (heavy duty pack OME)

SubCultureNM

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
be weary with rear blocks. i have seen them come out while offroading. not sure what your intention is with your tacoma, but just be aware of the fact thats a possibility. I would go with a full leaf pack, or an AAL. I just got a full leaf pack myself (heavy duty pack OME)

Not only that, but on trucks that have issues with axle wrap from the factory, even a 1" block runs the risk of making it worse.

Top Bottom