• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wire issues

Toyo.taco_

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2016 SR AC Auto
Silver Sky
Lookin for some help. I’ve installed rocklights and fog lights (a couple weeks between each install) and they have both stopped working, I checked the fuses and they are good, and I don’t have any battery issues. Some input would be great before I strip the wires out.. haha

Lookin for some help. I’ve installed rocklights and fog lights (a couple weeks between each install) and they have both stopped working, I checked the fuses and they are good, and I don’t have any battery issues. Some input would be great before I strip the wires out.. haha
Did you check ground sources and power at the output? How are you controlling the lights? What are they grounded to? Do you have relays anywhere in the circuit? Tap into any factory sources?

Upvote 0
Yeah checked the grounds, i have the fogs ran through the the fire wall into the fuse box under the dash. But the rock lights are wireless remote so no extra wiring for them

Upvote 0
Yeah checked the grounds, i have the fogs ran through the the fire wall into the fuse box under the dash. But the rock lights are wireless remote so no extra wiring for them
What are the brands of each part? Did you check your grounds connection with a meter?
Have you tried another set of fuses , dud fuses happen, are they the supplied fuses , are these items hard lined to the battery or tapped on to something

Upvote 0
Back