• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What's in your bed /controlling your cargo?

I wanted to keep gear secure, dry, and somewhat clean so I have a Diamondback SE cover paired with a BedSlide 1000. This allows me to slide everything out and not have to crawl into the bed to get stuff way in the back.
22AF3440-9935-4FE2-B08A-120115BA6CAC.jpeg
D2CAC10E-49F9-401A-BCB5-FCCE7B689A73.jpeg
FDB79A70-89F8-4C6C-AC0F-D46795378D74.jpeg
can you tell me what awning this is and the length of it. i like that it looks relatively flush in relation to cab length !!

How do you control boxes or other cargo from sliding all over your truck bed? I've looked around the post's a bit, and haven't come across an answer for this. How do you keep things from sliding around in the bed of your truck, especially of you have a bed cover? I'd like to see something that can keep items secured towards the back of the bed, as it's kind of a pain to have to open the tonneau cover every time I need to retrieve boxes, or whatever, that I'm transporting in the bed of the truck, because they've slid up towards the cab. I guess a cargo divider could work, but I'm wondering what everyone else uses.
Just get the Toyota Bed rug can be the cheapest and probably best way

I have the factory cover, bed mat (helps keep stuff from sliding around) and I use use bungee cords and tie downs for bigger stuff that doesn’t fit under the cover.

I went the permanent fix route. The stock bed floor is slick as ice when wet. Coated entire bed with Herculiner. Kit available at Autozone and comes with a gallon if liner. Recommend picking up a can of thinner (xymol or equivalent) to help with cleanup. I was able to do 3 full coats with some to spare. Nothing, and I mean nothing slides around in my bed. Only down side, if you use your truck for dirt/gravel/mulch loads you'll likely need to touch up afterwards. I've had this on 2 different trucks and it is awesome and far less expensive than paying for a permanent bedliner from other companies. Better yet, if I need to do spot touch-ups they also sell it in 1qt cans. Pictures are after nearly 2 years in the socal sun, and then after a fresh coat when I got in on the 1st round of color core Mountain Hatches.

Attachments

• 20191229_143233.jpg
    20191229_143233.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200126_093147_773.jpg
    IMG_20200126_093147_773.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20200124_151732.jpg
    20200124_151732.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 128
I added two sets of D-rings that go under the T55 bolts in the bed. I've used them so much and am glad I installed them.Cheap fix.

Attachments

• 20200604_175955.jpg
    20200604_175955.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200604_180006.jpg
    20200604_180006.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 106
I have two Jet sleds back there that work as drawers. Platform over the top. Kinda like a poor man's decked system. Works great.. Can post pics if anyone wants.
I would love to see pics if you could post some. thanks.

I love the factory bed mat. Nothing slides on that thing. Trail gear, tools, and parts go in a Hardig foot locker. Cooking gear, freeze dries, dry goods and camp gear go into action packers. All h
20200820_072109-01.jpeg
eld down with ratchet straps.

Tacoma bed mats ....worth buying...things do not slide as much...plus I purchase a Heinger4015 HitchMate cargo stabilizer bar..$41.19 Amazon prime..
This is one of the better cargo bars...I had the cheaper other brands...this one locks and unlocks better than the rest!
Totes,cargo bins coolers ...I will strap them...to bed tie downs...crank straps...one inch wide ok...heavyweight..2 inch wide is better!
I do have a full cargo net..if over loading the bed...as not to lose things bouncing out...lol
....camper top..got one too...
Aloha

I wanted to keep gear secure, dry, and somewhat clean so I have a Diamondback SE cover paired with a BedSlide 1000. This allows me to slide everything out and not have to crawl into the bed to get stuff way in the back.
22AF3440-9935-4FE2-B08A-120115BA6CAC.jpeg
D2CAC10E-49F9-401A-BCB5-FCCE7B689A73.jpeg
FDB79A70-89F8-4C6C-AC0F-D46795378D74.jpeg
Great set up

3rd Bed rail (should have come stock on 3G). Blemished Rago bed rails with extension, amazon cargo net and some bungees. So far, so good.

Attachments

• Bed storage.jpg
    Bed storage.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 80
Joined the decked crew a couple months ago. Love it.
5DA32260-4137-4304-8910-863488A8C935.jpeg

I'm putting the finishing touches on my bed deck with drawers. Thought I only wanted one drawer, but It's so handy I'm building another.

nazATLM.jpg

I put a piece of wood on one side of the topper bolted down with the topper clamps and there I mounted a wire basket from Amazon that holds various things. Target has these little rag baskets that I have holding water bottles, sun block, and other sundries.

ObAJ3mF.jpg

I made a web of paracord on the other side that can hold things like a sun tent and ground matt. It's all quite handy. I work out of the back of the truck during the week and play out of it evenings and weekends.

Vam34r6.jpg

-M

Also, I ordered a set of cheap climbing bolt hangers and installed them under the roof rack nuts. Then I used bungie cords to make a net. This holds skateboards, my big sun hat. A shovel sometimes. And various other things.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my bed deck with drawers. Thought I only wanted one drawer, but It's so handy I'm building another.

nazATLM.jpg

I put a piece of wood on one side of the topper bolted down with the topper clamps and there I mounted a wire basket from Amazon that holds various things. Target has these little rag baskets that I have holding water bottles, sun block, and other sundries.

ObAJ3mF.jpg

I made a web of paracord on the other side that can hold things like a sun tent and ground matt. It's all quite handy. I work out of the back of the truck during the week and play out of it evenings and weekends.

Vam34r6.jpg

-M
Love the way you've set up your truck bed.

Love the way you've set up your truck bed.
It's VERY practical. I thought I was screwed when I put my bike rack on the back, but I can drop it down and open the tailgate to slide out the drawer.

-M

Back