What's in your bed /controlling your cargo? | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma Forum - Tacoma3G.com

What's in your bed /controlling your cargo?

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
  • 🚧Attention T3G members and vistors!🚧
    Our February "Rig of the Month" contest is now OPEN! Post a photo of your truck in the submission thread to enter the contest. Vote for your favorite truck by hitting the "like" button on the post. The first place winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and a T3G patch and sticker. (You may dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the top right of this box.)

Papa Brewski

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Dan
T3G Member
#4,377
How do you control boxes or other cargo from sliding all over your truck bed? I've looked around the post's a bit, and haven't come across an answer for this. How do you keep things from sliding around in the bed of your truck, especially of you have a bed cover? I'd like to see something that can keep items secured towards the back of the bed, as it's kind of a pain to have to open the tonneau cover every time I need to retrieve boxes, or whatever, that I'm transporting in the bed of the truck, because they've slid up towards the cab. I guess a cargo divider could work, but I'm wondering what everyone else uses.

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
T3G Vendor (Onyx)
First Name
Daryl
T3G Member
#1,346
My Bed Rug does a pretty good job of keeping stuff from sliding.

jchooley13

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Supporter
First Name
Justin
T3G Member
#3,111
I use an old bungee cord cargo net I had for a cargo basket. It's anchored to the tie downs and cleats so it acts as a (horrible) tonneau cover. There are still hooks on it I use to hold some things in place. I have also put groceries on top of it and acts as basket to hold those.
20191212_103647.jpg

Last edited:

cmorty72

T3G Supporter
First Name
Christopher
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#3,834
Tacoma bed mat, cargo net, and a Reese Explore ratcheting bar (actually very useful).

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
It was expensive, but I've gotten a ton of use out of my Toyota bed divider. It's very easy to adjust by just sliding it along the factory rails. If you paired it with a rubber mat I think you'd be set.

1575225191889.png

tundraconvert

First Name
Eric
T3G Member
#4,769
The OEM bed mat is damn solid. It’s almost a PIta to put stuff in and out lol. I put some d-rings around the bed also for more tie down points.

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
Cheap amazon cargo net does the trick for me. Helps keep stuff from sliding too much, though I don't really mind stuff sliding around in the back.
View attachment 16782
I probably could have got one of these instead and saved a million dollars from not buying the overpriced Toyota divider, lol.

2BigTaco

T3G Level: Platinum
First Name
Eric
T3G Member
#2,340
I wanted to keep gear secure, dry, and somewhat clean so I have a Diamondback SE cover paired with a BedSlide 1000. This allows me to slide everything out and not have to crawl into the bed to get stuff way in the back.
22AF3440-9935-4FE2-B08A-120115BA6CAC.jpeg
D2CAC10E-49F9-401A-BCB5-FCCE7B689A73.jpeg
FDB79A70-89F8-4C6C-AC0F-D46795378D74.jpeg

4cylpro

T3G O.G.
First Name
Nick
T3G Member
Oem bed mat and oem bed divider. Ive even used the bed divider to mount my traction boards and rotopax to keep them out of the way.

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
Oem bed mat and oem bed divider. Ive even used the bed divider to mount my traction boards and rotopax to keep them out of the way.
I love the bed divider, but the screws holding it to its rail mounts fell out of both sides of mine. So now the only thing holding it in place are the adjustable knobs. Strange thing for the screws to fall out of considering they aren't on a moving/vibrating component.

4cylpro

T3G O.G.
First Name
Nick
T3G Member
I love the bed divider, but the screws holding it to its rail mounts fell out of both sides of mine. So now the only thing holding it in place are the adjustable knobs. Strange thing for the screws to fall out of considering they aren't on a moving/vibrating component.
Yeah ive heard that once before. I take mine on amd off alot depending what I'm running in the bed and all good so far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papa Brewski

First Name
Dan
T3G Member
#4,377
This weekend I went ahead and bought the Toyota bed mat, and it is a huge improvement.
This is the first time I've had a truck with a tonneau cover, and I have to say, I''m not hating it now.