• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What's in your bed /controlling your cargo?

Papa Brewski

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
How do you control boxes or other cargo from sliding all over your truck bed? I've looked around the post's a bit, and haven't come across an answer for this. How do you keep things from sliding around in the bed of your truck, especially of you have a bed cover? I'd like to see something that can keep items secured towards the back of the bed, as it's kind of a pain to have to open the tonneau cover every time I need to retrieve boxes, or whatever, that I'm transporting in the bed of the truck, because they've slid up towards the cab. I guess a cargo divider could work, but I'm wondering what everyone else uses.

Tacoma bed mat, canopy and bungee cords everywhere. It's still not enough.

I use an old bungee cord cargo net I had for a cargo basket. It's anchored to the tie downs and cleats so it acts as a (horrible) tonneau cover. There are still hooks on it I use to hold some things in place. I have also put groceries on top of it and acts as basket to hold those.
20191212_103647.jpg

Last edited:
hillbilly bed divider........ you could just make one from the wheel wells back. Currently just using a racket strap to keep everything against the front of the bed

Attachments

• 20190410_114849.jpg
    20190410_114849.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 313
Tacoma bed mat, cargo net, and a Reese Explore ratcheting bar (actually very useful).

The OEM bed mat is damn solid. It’s almost a PIta to put stuff in and out lol. I put some d-rings around the bed also for more tie down points.

Cheap amazon cargo net does the trick for me. Helps keep stuff from sliding too much, though I don't really mind stuff sliding around in the back.
20190924_232318475_iOS.jpg
I probably could have got one of these instead and saved a million dollars from not buying the overpriced Toyota divider, lol.

I wanted to keep gear secure, dry, and somewhat clean so I have a Diamondback SE cover paired with a BedSlide 1000. This allows me to slide everything out and not have to crawl into the bed to get stuff way in the back.
22AF3440-9935-4FE2-B08A-120115BA6CAC.jpeg
D2CAC10E-49F9-401A-BCB5-FCCE7B689A73.jpeg
FDB79A70-89F8-4C6C-AC0F-D46795378D74.jpeg

Like most have mentioned here, the rubber bed mat is great for things not to slide around. Bungee cords and ratchet straps come in handy too, especially with bed racks.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.jpg
    IMG_4341.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 210
  • TailgateWrap.jpg
    TailgateWrap.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 209
Oem bed mat and oem bed divider. Ive even used the bed divider to mount my traction boards and rotopax to keep them out of the way.

Oem bed mat and oem bed divider. Ive even used the bed divider to mount my traction boards and rotopax to keep them out of the way.
I love the bed divider, but the screws holding it to its rail mounts fell out of both sides of mine. So now the only thing holding it in place are the adjustable knobs. Strange thing for the screws to fall out of considering they aren't on a moving/vibrating component.

I love the bed divider, but the screws holding it to its rail mounts fell out of both sides of mine. So now the only thing holding it in place are the adjustable knobs. Strange thing for the screws to fall out of considering they aren't on a moving/vibrating component.
Yeah ive heard that once before. I take mine on amd off alot depending what I'm running in the bed and all good so far.

This weekend I went ahead and bought the Toyota bed mat, and it is a huge improvement.
This is the first time I've had a truck with a tonneau cover, and I have to say, I''m not hating it now.

I just take my girlfriend with me and she makes sure we overpack so the bed is full and nothing has a chance to roll around. ?

But actually, tie down points on the total chaos bed stiffeners and the factory bed rail tie downs work perfect.

Last edited:
How do you control boxes or other cargo from sliding all over your truck bed? I've looked around the post's a bit, and haven't come across an answer for this. How do you keep things from sliding around in the bed of your truck, especially of you have a bed cover? I'd like to see something that can keep items secured towards the back of the bed, as it's kind of a pain to have to open the tonneau cover every time I need to retrieve boxes, or whatever, that I'm transporting in the bed of the truck, because they've slid up towards the cab. I guess a cargo divider could work, but I'm wondering what everyone else uses.

I bought one of these rubber mats from the Toyota dealer and it has worked great to prevent thing s from sliding around!

Attachments

• tacoma_bed_mat.jpg
    tacoma_bed_mat.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 155
Back