• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

I am such a sucker for cheap lights that I ordered these for $18 and change:

I think I'll fab up a metal mount and put them in front of my grill. Although INSIDE the grill would be neat too...might have to mess around with that.

I typically like my Tacoma debadged, but that decal is pretty cool. Where did you get it?
From one of the forums vendors, SupDec. They have way too much stuff to look at but the prices are fair, quality is very good and shipping time is reasonable, considering that it is coming from overseas.

Finally installed the rear diff skid by RCI OFFROAD

Attachments

• 876DE6BD-4171-4ABA-903F-736948FDF902.jpeg
    876DE6BD-4171-4ABA-903F-736948FDF902.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 66126989-B557-44EF-AE41-1363011A48A0.jpeg
    66126989-B557-44EF-AE41-1363011A48A0.jpeg
    652.9 KB · Views: 58
Looks really nice. Did you have a chance to drive around with it on as of yet? I worry about wind noise with a rack. Then again noise can come from lights as well on a rack too.
I have not driven it yet, I literally JUST finished getting everything bolted down, taped, and silicon applied, so I want it to all dry first. I also need to order a lightbar for it, I was waiting for the rack to come in to make sure I got the right size lightbar. I'm also super excited because I have an ARE camper shell on order and the matching Victory rack sitting in the garage, so hopefully in about 4 weeks it will be complete. Well, complete until I decide to lift it and put some sliders on!

Reporting back, there's some decent wind noise. There's basically none under 45 mph, but 45-70 is quite noticeable. Luckily I have a sound system installed so I can just crank up the music and I don't have to hear it, but it's pretty obvious there's something on the roof now. Maybe it will change with the light bar. Just ordered one so hopefully it will be on the roof sometime next week and I can report back!

Adding a little something to the back of the truck. Woot!

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_172411.jpg
    IMG_20201026_172411.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 55
@RevN3 How do you like the mount and how does the truck drive with a bike that far from the rear axle. I ask as I want to do this but haven't ever done it :)

@RevN3 How do you like the mount and how does the truck drive with a bike that far from the rear axle. I ask as I want to do this but haven't ever done it :)
I only used it for a few blocks to get the bike home. I didn't strap the bike down correctly so I had some trouble. It didn't feel like there was anything back there at all though. I have sumo shocks on the rear though so that might have made a difference.

Drove from San Diego to LA and back and picked up a transmission for my project car, a 1972 Porsche 914. Got a smoking deal and couldn't pass it up.

Anyhow, got some killer fuel economy on the way home. Averaged 17.5 mpg from Northridge to Long Beach at a distance of about 42 miles in stop and go traffic. Then got 15.9 mpg at an average of about 60 mph over the next hundred miles home. For my pig of a truck, that is pretty good.

Beautiful drive too! Fun little project on your hands too. Have fun getting all the parts married :)

It was a good drive for sure actually . Not nearly as bad as the last couple of trips to LA I have had. They were all pre-Covid and the area was gridlocked.

Drove from San Diego to LA and back and picked up a transmission for my project car, a 1972 Porsche 914. Got a smoking deal and couldn't pass it up.
Had one back in HS...what engine are you running?

I saw your orange and black and started looking at 690 smc r's again. Bike and truck look great together. Glad the hitch hauler is working for ya!

Took mine for a drive to Tire Rack to pick up a set of new tires for the wife’s Camry. Fun trip and now I know the new fuel pump works. 😂

Back