What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Dirtboy2009

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
SR5
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Got an alignment to prep for my first road trip up to Clovis to get my bumpers @ BruteForceFab on Friday 🥵😝🤩🧐
A7286952-91F3-4CDA-8D25-8F4B2D9DC984.jpeg
I used to live in Clovis (Cannon AFB). Great little town. I dont remember any truck shops being there, but then that was 25 years ago. Damn I'm getting old!

Last edited:

Butch

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
Truck Year
Truck Color
Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#6,318
Just some cosmetic, functional updates. Sorry for the long post - I kept meaning to update here as I went, but that didn't happen...lol

Put on a vinyl covered aluminum folding tonneau cover so I could lock crap up at work (with locking tailgate).

Front and rear inter weather floor liners because winter's a commin'.

I replaced the stock grill and painted the Toyota letters a couple of weeks ago.
64937235319__AFD76EED-52C3-4C25-B7EE-7F6A5882FB72.JPEG
IMG_6550.JPEG

Threw on some basic nerf bars for those of us that are vertically challenged. Also, as mentioned in another thread, I traded hoods with B-Man 'cause he's an awesome guy!
IMG_6571.JPEG
IMG_6574.JPEG

Tinted the windows since the UV in Colorado is ridiculous.

Decided to go with an UpTop roof rack since those guys are just up the road 30 miles and excellent customer service! (Got my rack in 3 days!).

IMG_6595.JPEG
IMG_6598.JPEG
IMG_6599.JPEG

Installed a WeBoost OTR booster set-up since I usually have crappy signal even in town. Still waiting on a Rhino-Rack folding antenna mount, so this antenna location is temporary and obnoxious.

thumbnail_IMG_6638.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6639.jpg

And just threw in an Overland Equipped auxiliary power kit (also excellent customer service!) for those things I want to buy but my wife won't let me...yet...lol
thumbnail_IMG_6640.jpg

Could you post something in the future on how well that We Boost works for you while out in the bush? I am very interested in maybe getting one of those. That is if the new iPhone doesn't have satellite capability!

Taco Loco

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Chaz
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#8,862
Could you post something in the future on how well that We Boost works for you while out in the bush? I am very interested in maybe getting one of those. That is if the new iPhone doesn't have satellite capability!

I will definitely try! Unfortunately, I installed the WeBoost the weekend after my last scheduled camping trip for the season. I did a few tests at the house, since I have crappy service, and I was happy with the results (20-30 dBm gain). I posted a reply on Trail Tacoma and used their review as a starting point for my install (thanks, Chris, for the tips!).

Of note, this device just boosts the power of the cellular signal to/from the nearest available tower, not necessarily the quality of the signal (BER). Usually these two parameters go hand-in-hand, but it is possible to have a strong signal with poor quality (for a variety of reasons). Just keep this in mind when you're looking at upload/downlink speeds versus received signal strengths.

On a separate note, I can't imagine the "iPhone 13" having the ability to transmit to a satellite (receive, yes) without significantly increasing the handset size, but that WOULD be cool (and expensive)!

black_taco

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Color
Midnight Black
Truck Grade
SR5
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,980
Picked up a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s today. Getting them mounted later this week. I don’t plan on doing any off-roading but wanted something that looked a little more aggressive then the Firestones that came from the factory and stick to a budget. Pretty excited to see how they look and perform.

Attachments

• 0A5C397E-F229-4880-BFDA-48B74DDD183B.jpeg
    0A5C397E-F229-4880-BFDA-48B74DDD183B.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 4

B-Man

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#8,727
Picked up a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s today. Getting them mounted later this week. I don’t plan on doing any off-roading but wanted something that looked a little more aggressive then the Firestones that came from the factory and stick to a budget. Pretty excited to see how they look and perform.
Good tire!

B-Man

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#8,727
12Voltsolutions remote start showed up today. Installed in about 30 minutes. Works perfect!

black_taco

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Color
Midnight Black
Truck Grade
SR5
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,980
Got my Coopers mounted then washed and waxed the snot out of it. I always ask myself. Why the eff did I buy black. Then I remember why when I see it all clean and shiny.

Attachments

• 4B6B7477-A777-4A88-9A8B-FEB211DD54AE.jpeg
    4B6B7477-A777-4A88-9A8B-FEB211DD54AE.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 4F06A1C5-43D3-4E8A-B632-54EDAD579BF0.jpeg
    4F06A1C5-43D3-4E8A-B632-54EDAD579BF0.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 6

B-Man

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#8,727
Got my Coopers mounted then washed and waxed the snot out of it. I always ask myself. Why the eff did I buy black. Then I remember why when I see it all clean and shiny.
Good lookin Taco!