• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

@Tomahawk Dog, you’re right. There are a lot of non-OEM/non-genuine parts out there. I’d hate for someone to get a knockoff and have problems because I posted some link to something on Amazon that wasn’t legit. I should have added in my original post about them, since Amazon can be a joke sometimes, that I did my homework on them and they came from Bam Wholesale Parts. They’re not the best, but certainly not the worst from my experiences with them.

You’re info on comparisons between the genuine and knockoff is some valuable stuff, man. Thanks for getting that out there.

Has anyone been burned by RockAuto? They're my go-to for filters and other maintenance items when I'm not in a hurry. Always a better selection than my local stores.

Trucks getting old. Bought it June 21 with 33k.
6A233543-522B-4119-827C-6E7C3FA4E42C.jpeg

So I had an idea, not sure how stupid I am tho...

I want to get the C4 bumper, which will make me get ew fogs. That's besides the point.. Is it possible to wire ditch lights to my fog lights..? So when I turn it onto the fog lights mode thing on the steering wheel (yk what I mean) the fogs AND ditch lights come on? Is that an easy wiring job?

Has anyone been burned by RockAuto? They're my go-to for filters and other maintenance items when I'm not in a hurry. Always a better selection than my local stores.
I've not had trouble with RockAuto in the past, but I haven't ordered from them for a while (over a year if I recall correctly).

Perfect time for front - rear differential fluid - transfer case and transmission fluid change and your good for another 60K.
I did the diff fluids at 50k when I installed my lift!

After driving the wife’s new Wrangler I drove my Taco to the Jeep dealer and ordered my own wrangler. Should have it in a few months. This is a pretty huge change for me since I’ve owned only Toyotas for the past 30 years. 😮

After driving the wife’s new Wrangler I drove my Taco to the Jeep dealer and ordered my own wrangler. Should have it in a few months. This is a pretty huge change for me since I’ve owned only Toyotas for the past 30 years. 😮

You’ll be back. Jeeps are cool, but at the end of the day, there still a Chrysler.

You’ll be back. Jeeps are cool, but at the end of the day, there still a Chrysler.
Exact reason I went Toyota. Figured after the warranty was up, I'd be good for many miles of reliability. Jeep? Not so much, my buddies Rubicon is always broke at 100k.

I see it as a mid life crisis type of thing. Especially since the wife said no to an older Miata or mr2.

Maybe it’s a sign to get a divorce lol
I don't know about all that lol . I've been wanting another car to tinker with, more like a daily. I really want another del Sol, I think after this transplant is over and I'm not dead I'm going to find one and just buy it.

I don't know about all that lol . I've been wanting another car to tinker with, more like a daily. I really want another del Sol, I think after this transplant is over and I'm not dead I'm going to find one and just buy it.
The Del sol was a pretty sweet car. I forgot all about those. I can’t remember the last time I’ve even seen one.

The Del sol was a pretty sweet car. I forgot all about those. I can’t remember the last time I’ve even seen one.
I've had a couple, and I know @solscooter has had one. I miss it, such a fun car! I also had an NB Miata, I preferred the del Sol over the Miata.

I've had a couple, and I know @solscooter has had one. I miss it, such a fun car! I also had an NB Miata, I preferred the del Sol over the Miata.

Yup. Me and my wife planned the First Vegas invasion. Do they have those anymore? Don’t think they do

Yup. Me and my wife planned the First Vegas invasion. Do they have those anymore? Don’t think they do
I know they do an East Coast meet every couple of years. My buddy in Charleston, SC usually heads it up. But they are nothing like the Invasion turn outs. I went to a STL meet once it was a lot of fun, but I think that was in '05?

I know they do an East Coast meet every couple of years. My buddy in Charleston, SC usually heads it up. But they are nothing like the Invasion turn outs. I went to a STL meet once it was a lot of fun, but I think that was in '05?

We're in the works of getting another meet setup before the year ends, so hopefully next month there should be one at least announced! Keep up with us on Facebook or Instagram @NoreastYotas

We're in the works of getting another meet setup before the year ends, so hopefully next month there should be one at least announced! Keep up with us on Facebook or Instagram @NoreastYotas
Just got an update actually, we're hoping for getting one setup sometime in November! Keep your eyes out!

Put up my full size spare I. The factory location. It’s hitting the Gibson exhaust. Ordered a pre axle dump exhaust to replace (never was a fan of the Gibson, wasn’t loud enough for me)

3FC34767-7F6A-40CA-92B1-90BDCA30354F.jpeg
Have you done the spare tire hanger relocation mod? Would get you an extra 1" of clearance around the exhaust.

A little ways down in this post.

Have you done the spare tire hanger relocation mod? Would get you an extra 1" of clearance around the exhaust.

A little ways down in this post.

It won’t because of the way the Gibson is routed. Besides wanted a new exhaust anyways.

I’ll get a picture when I’m back under it this weekend.

Back