• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OVTune VF Tuner | OVTune - Tacoma ECU flash tune options and feedback

Yesterday we met up with Mr Juan Garcia locally in El Paso to get him set up on the 90mm Stryker+ tune for his beautiful 2018 Tacoma with the Magnuson supercharger. Juan has plans to eventually go up to the 87mm pulley with the accompanying 87mm Stryker tune upgrade, as well as some exhaust goodies coming his way soon.

Mr Garcia is benefitting from improved throttle response, a complete shift logic and transmission control overhaul, and a significant improvement in power and torque especially down low with his new Stryker tune.

Thank you sir!

PXL_20221218_173822559.jpg

PXL_20221218_173735643.jpg

There just wasn’t a need for it, or something?
The number of changes to products and support that have been made from OV Tune "Beta" launch to where we are now have been insane. The TW threads turned into chaos, and I don't think OVT wanted to deal with or were able to deal with the sheer amount of just general dumbness.

I feel like they overestimated people's ability to understand tuning their trucks all the while the steps needed to actually successfully tune kept changing, and the instructions seemed to be spread between the blog, install docs, and making a ticket with support.

I felt like the VF Tuner move, the tune packs, and their own forum was the best step for it all. There were some great threads about AGM battery tuning, as well as other stuff, in there. Really sucks it's gone, TBH.

Anyway, I think this move to independent tuners is better for 95% of customers so the forum isn't really needed. Personally, I'd love to have HP Tuners level of group knowledge and topics on this platform, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

the instructions seemed to be spread between the blog, install docs, and making a ticket with support
This was always my main complaint. It was very confusing to get the right information, especially since it was constantly changing. Mat just wasn’t the best at that part, imo, but he was obviously very overwhelmed with everything else you mentioned.

I never thought a Tacoma would be compared to a full sized truck. I have no use for one of those.

QUOTE="Tomahawk Dog, post: 92066, member: 10101"]
Never thought a 6' bed would be considered a long bed,.... till they made mid-size trucks that is.
They made a chevy with a 8' 6" (rare) "long bed" now thats a looong bed and a standard 8' (below)
R.7b4de7fb24f98b46af10fb394981057a

ck-trucks(2).ashx
[/QUOTE]
Never though a transmission would make a difference in the bed length.
Does a "long bed" prefer an automatic?

[/QUOTE]
That was the premise of the post you felt the need to interject with the length of full sized American truck beds for some reason.

Can't get a double cab long bed with a manual transmission, so yes sadly it does make a difference.

Pretty soon you won't be able to get a manual in any package THAT is sad.
That is why they never engineered the design for a MT to cover all Trims.

In fact, the MT is ONLY available in an Off road, Sport and Pro trims.
Hard to get now and soon not even an option.

So, all can bitch now and cry later as that day is SADLY coming.
Interjection is a forums basis,
That was the premise of the post you felt the need to interject with the length of full sized American truck beds for some reason.

Can't get a double cab long bed with a manual transmission, so yes sadly it does make a difference.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty soon you won't be able to get a manual in any package THAT is sad.
That is why they never engineered the design for a MT to cover all Trims.

In fact, the MT is ONLY available in an Off road, Sport and Pro trims.
Hard to get now and soon not even an option.

So, all can bitch now and cry later as that day is SADLY coming.
Interjection is a forums basis,

[/QUOTE]
As long as they keep making long beds. Wish they had electric drives for the ultimate off road performance.

As long as they keep making long beds. Wish they had electric drives for the ultimate off road performance.
[/QUOTE]
Call your dealer, its ALL electric
1669563905046-png.59555

Did you buy OVTune? If so, how are you liking it? Any bugs?

I know it is on my eventually list, but to be honest, I don't even hate the stock tune as much as most people. It definitely could be better though.
I didn’t buy the ovtune but I did get my truck done which made a big difference. Getting the tube along with SB cold air intake made me decide to keep my truck as I was very disappointed that I sold my 2000 taco to buy this one

Mr Juan Garcia met up with us right here in El Paso this past weekend to get updated from his already immensely torquey 90mm pulley YotaWerx Stryker supercharger tune to the 87mm pulley tune! Mr Garcia's beautiful Tacoma is now benefitting more from the increased low end responsiveness and power from his 87mm pulley and tune, and the extra bump in boost pressure will be useful for his frequent trips to higher elevation.

PXL_20221218_173822559.jpg

PXL_20230129_173342073.jpg

We've been keeping this under wraps for some time now, but today we are excited to announce that YotaWerx Tuning has completed a merger and acquisition of Nexus Tuning Group, with Nexus Tuning developers and networked partners coming onboard with YotaWerx Tuning!

This enables YotaWerx to continue to bring the community high quality tuning solutions while working on several projects at once rather than keeping them on the shelf for extended periods of time, and with several more locations available in-network, the availability of local support is that much more complete and easily accessible.

Today (23 Mar 2023) is the official date of the merger. Please be patient with us while we work hard to finish transitioning Nexus Tuning Group content and processes into YotaWerx Tuning. Services available will not be interrupted nor unavailable.

We appreciate the community's enthusiastic support. More big things to come this year, stay TUNED!

Screenshot_20230323-214354.png

Just want to thank @mZiggy for his knowledge on the Magnuson install on the Tacoma. Did the install per Maggys instructions but added Rogue Wolf Engineering billet fuel rails and colder plugs (NGK DILFR7K9G) in preparation for the eventual quest for more boost that always seems to happen. Flashing the YotaWerx Stryker tune this morning ❤️

Ignore my filthy engine bay 😂

IMG_20230403_214658_706.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to thank @mZiggy for his knowledge on the Magnuson install on the Tacoma. Did the install per Maggys instructions but added Rogue Wolf Engineering billet fuel rails and colder plugs (NGK DILFR7K9G) in preparation for the eventual quest for more boost that always seems to happen. Flashing the YotaWerx Stryker tune this morning ❤️

YotaWerx Stryker tune ftw!! Enjoy the new boost @Victory4x4 !!

Definitely on the shopping list, just have to wait until I don’t care about warranty 😂

Just a little something being cooked up over here at YotaWerx for the 3.5L 3GTacoma NA, for the in-development Blackhawk 2.0 tune update. 👀🤷

Plenty of work still remaining, including further smoothing on that torque dip you see, and ensuring that power numbers like these do not negatively impact drivability.

dyno02_BH2+YWlogo.png

Oh man. I can’t wait!!!

Got a rough eta?

Back