• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

OVTune VF Tuner | OVTune - Tacoma ECU flash tune options and feedback

Meclizine

A rough in the diamonds
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#9,122
Reaction score
2018 Midnight Black Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
Im havin a good time with the CVC 3.0 tune. The rears broke loose a little bit on a downshift when i floored it the other day. Surprised the shit outta me. Been real smooth otherwise. On OV 2.0 i was flooring it all the time to get up to speed. I think ive only had to do it 2 times on the CVC.
That's good to hear. I'm getting that tune this Sunday. How do you use your truck? It sounds like a fairly conservative tune that should work well for daily driving and off pavement. Is that your experience?

solscooter

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Instagram
@solscooter
2016 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
That's good to hear. I'm getting that tune this Sunday. How do you use your truck? It sounds like a fairly conservative tune that should work well for daily driving and off pavement. Is that your experience?

yup. Mostly a daily driver with some trail activity. Havent gotten offroad with it since tuning. There is supposed to be a winter trail run in 2 weeks im trying to make

taco.hog

4️⃣ Gold
Rig of the Year: 2020
Rig of the Month (3x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Instagram
@taco.hog
2017 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Every Tacoma Owner i've tuned is very Happy with their Valley Runner tune. From a Stock Tacoma, lifted Tacoma to an Overland Tacoma with Cap, Tent & Camping Gear. 1000+ LBS. I do follow up on Customers.

Go on my IG - yotatuner
see live reactions

I have run it for over 6 months now - No issues with it. No Jumpy Pedal at all. I'm on Standard Pedal setting. I daily drive it in traffic - 100 miles.
slidoomz said
"I'm really surprised with the performance offroad even just the slow rock crawling and blasting down the trails at fast speeds"

Victor - YotaTuneR
wish you were East coast

solscooter

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Instagram
@solscooter
2016 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)

how you liking it?

Meclizine

A rough in the diamonds
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#9,122
Reaction score
how you liking it?
It's pretty good, feels like what it should have from the factory. Cures the gear hunting and has much more consistent power. I haven't tested it in the hills yet or tracked my MPG for long. I'm lucky to live near the guy who developed the tune so I talked to him while he flashed my truck. I recommend it. Unfortunately it seems it has kind of limited distribution right now

Meclizine

A rough in the diamonds
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#9,122
Reaction score
It's by Chan Chau, CVC are his initials maybe. They have a website but it's just a placeholder

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
T3G Member
Reaction score
Instagram
@wanderingwinterfields
YouTube
/wanderingwinterfields
2017 Quicksand Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
It's by Chan Chau, CVC are his initials maybe. They have a website but it's just a placeholder
On the list of my 1000 to-do things for T3G, making a little chart of the different ECU flashes, what they feel like, and their website, is #698.

mZiggy

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Instagram
@marczitnay
2017 Cement Pro Double Cab, Short Bed Manual
I represent YotaWerx Tuning.

We're also in the process of updating our 3GT tune options, which will be made available as a free update to existing customers.

Furthermore, our FI tune for 3GT with the Magnuson supercharger is very close to release. No one else has been testing and refining a tune for the Maggy as long as we have (since late September), across multiple climates and elevations, with as many test trucks as we have. This has been a literally daily project for the last 4+ months and the 90mm tune is nearly released. 87mm pulley custom tune will become the priority afterwards (already have a couple testers on it). We've made sure to be completely thorough in testing and finding all the kinks and oddities this ECU throws at us in a wide variety of situations, climates, etc.

We keep the Maggy mega thread on TacomaWorld updated with progress, and we'll be sure to continue to announce updates and release on social media.

Tomorrow is another dyno day for our cold weather tester, and we have to schedule our warm weather dyno session.

To anything less than the absolutely insane amount of testing on tune revisions that we've done would be quite frankly, negligent.

For those people here who also have a 5th gen 4runner, we have 4R tunes as well, along with dynographs, and we finished our Tundra tune for the 5.7 awhile back and are just in the process of building out our tune packs.

Last edited:

mZiggy

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Instagram
@marczitnay
2017 Cement Pro Double Cab, Short Bed Manual
Do you have one here too or have you just been using this thread?
I have a YW thread on the forum here but it receives basically zero engagement, I don't even get messages from people really, so I mostly don't use it. I really only update the 1st post to keep continuity with the other forum threads I've got

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
T3G Member
Reaction score
Instagram
@wanderingwinterfields
YouTube
/wanderingwinterfields
I have a YW thread on the forum here but it receives basically zero engagement, I don't even get messages from people really, so I mostly don't use it. I really only update the 1st post to keep continuity with the other forum threads I've got
Noted. I'm working on some stuff that will hopefully get the important tech info like this more visible on a special page.

Sangi

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#3,118
Reaction score
Long Island, New York/Wurtsboro, New York
First Name
Anthony
Instagram
@_sangi
2016 Inferno Sport Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
If someone knows the names of the most popular tunes, please post them. I want to add their names to the title of this thread so people see it when they search.
Only 2 tunes I know of are OVTune and KDMax

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#1,346
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Instagram
@victory4x4
YouTube
/victory4x4
2021 Super White Pro Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
I represent YotaWerx Tuning.

We're also in the process of updating our 3GT tune options, which will be made available as a free update to existing customers.

Furthermore, our FI tune for 3GT with the Magnuson supercharger is very close to release. No one else has been testing and refining a tune for the Maggy as long as we have (since late September), across multiple climates and elevations, with as many test trucks as we have. This has been a literally daily project for the last 4+ months and the 90mm tune is nearly released. 87mm pulley custom tune will become the priority afterwards (already have a couple testers on it). We've made sure to be completely thorough in testing and finding all the kinks and oddities this ECU throws at us in a wide variety of situations, climates, etc.

We keep the Maggy mega thread on TacomaWorld updated with progress, and we'll be sure to continue to announce updates and release on social media.

Tomorrow is another dyno day for our cold weather tester, and we have to schedule our warm weather dyno session.

To anything less than the absolutely insane amount of testing on tune revisions that we've done would be quite frankly, negligent.

For those people here who also have a 5th gen 4runner, we have 4R tunes as well, along with dynographs, and we finished our Tundra tune for the 5.7 awhile back and are just in the process of building out our tune packs.
I see so many other rando tunes on Tacomaworld and no one posts their credentials as tuners or their process to get the tune. It's always just, "this tune makes the truck drive as it should!" Then lots of people that paid for it talking in the thread about tip-in and chirping tires and crap :ROFLMAO: Kudos to you for doing testing, on a dyno, in different climates. That puts you way above everyone else I've seen.

I've been running the 2.0 "Final" from VFTuner for a while now, and it's been fine. But I'm sure there are better options out there (y)

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
T3G Member
Reaction score
Instagram
@wanderingwinterfields
YouTube
/wanderingwinterfields
I see so many other rando tunes on Tacomaworld and no one posts their credentials as tuners or their process to get the tune. It's always just, "this tune makes the truck drive as it should!" Then lots of people that paid for it talking in the thread about tip-in and chirping tires and crap :ROFLMAO: Kudos to you for doing testing, on a dyno, in different climates. That puts you way above everyone else I've seen.

I've been running the 2.0 "Final" from VFTuner for a while now, and it's been fine. But I'm sure there are better options out there (y)
Tuning really does need clearer and easier to find information online. It’s a very confusing process, IMO. Especially since it’s one of the first things a lot of people will want to learn about. Reading through forum threads with hundreds of pages of conflicting information doesn’t make it any easier. That’s why I want to have a special tuning information page (not thread) here on T3G. It’s another thing on my list of things I’ll get to eventually, lol.

406Camper

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#9,105
Reaction score
2017 Quicksand Off-Road Access Cab Automatic (Build Thread)
I would be interested in that page. As if you don't already have a zillion things to do Tyler!
I am waiting on my new pizza cutters and will see if I tune or regear, or both.