• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Vendor Review... Customer battle with CBi

JBadwülf

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
Tacoma3g Members,

As some have seen on here I have been eagerly awaiting the fulfillment of an order made from CBi for Rock sliders that were placed in September of 2018. Since we don't have a vendor review section, I feel this would be the best place to post.. Here's the short story that I will continue to update as I go.
-Slider's Ordered September 2018
-Received an invoice promising ship date of Late November.
-First of December I wrote three separate e-mails over two weeks inquiring on the status. I am Active Duty and could not call due to dep/op.
-Finally called Mid December and talked to their service rep who informed me they ran into an issue with their tube bender and my order was pushed a month. Well, manufacturing issues happen, I got a new date of first week in January. There were no response to e-mails as of date.

Mid January 2019, still no word. Called and talked to Kenny, who told me that my sliders were the next in line and would be built that day, at the latest the following morning and I would be receiving a shipping notification.
-Week Later, no update or shipping, e-mailed customer service. Week later, followed up with another e-mail.
-Few Days later, still no response so I called again: They told me this time that my sliders were the first in line of the next production run, but they had a full run of DOM sliders ahead of me, and had no response to why I was promised mine would be built 'that day' and no-effort was made to make anything right.

So...
-Here I am, 02FEB19 and still no update, or shipping. $1k slider set still sitting in cue, and I will update these as things progress and change. Once again, $1,000.00 dollars down, 5 months later on a 6-8 week production promise. Not impressed. I am part of a big offroad community in the PNW and already had three mates drop orders from CBi over watching my issues... lets get this fixed.

-from checking other forums, I see that I am not the only one experiencing issues with them. Most have cancelled their orders after 6-months of waiting on skids, sliders, and bumpers.

Bummer. That's definitely disappointing. Have you tried cancelling your order? At this point it seems that's the only remaining option.

Feel your pain. I was part of the pelfreybuilt shit show and have been having the same problem with CBI. On the positive side, I have had nothing but outstanding service from RCI, Front Runner, BD’s, and Voodoo.

sorry to hear man, unfortunately with CBI this seems to be an ongoing issue. I have no ties to them so really cant reach out to them to see, but honestly it sounds like a run around. I would cancel your order in all honesty as i do not agree with practices like that. This may seem like im trying to push a company i partner with, but C4 has always been ontop of things and when they respond with a promise they either meet it or exceed it not to mention their sliders are extremely well built and about half the cost you paid for CBI. When i was dealing with C4 initially my order had been pushed back because it was right after they launched their new product line for 4runners and they had gotten a little backordered, however Caleb had given me an estimate of 2 more weeks and they were on the truck delivered in less than a week from that promise. Customer service is a big deal to me as it can show a lot about how a company cares for their customers. again, sorry you have been dealing with this man.

Had my all pros with in a week and far cheaper as well , some of these companies get to far ahead of them shelves and think they can handle the workload , and refuse to upgrade equiment or hire on more people .
Your issue sucks and I would agree with others cancel ,i dont kike saying this cause I do like cbi but they need to learn the lesson right

This is disheartening to hear considering I want their T3 front bumper. I guess I’ll have to hold off and keep an eye on the situation before ordering. I agree with canceling. That should get their attention. Maybe they’ll try to make it right and prioritize your order or offer a discount. Fingers crossed for you.

Tacoma3g Members,

As some have seen on here I have been eagerly awaiting the fulfillment of an order made from CBi for Rock sliders that were placed in September of 2018. Since we don't have a vendor review section, I feel this would be the best place to post.. Here's the short story that I will continue to update as I go.
-Slider's Ordered September 2018
-Received an invoice promising ship date of Late November.
-First of December I wrote three separate e-mails over two weeks inquiring on the status. I am Active Duty and could not call due to dep/op.
-Finally called Mid December and talked to their service rep who informed me they ran into an issue with their tube bender and my order was pushed a month. Well, manufacturing issues happen, I got a new date of first week in January. There were no response to e-mails as of date.

Mid January 2019, still no word. Called and talked to Kenny, who told me that my sliders were the next in line and would be built that day, at the latest the following morning and I would be receiving a shipping notification.
-Week Later, no update or shipping, e-mailed customer service. Week later, followed up with another e-mail.
-Few Days later, still no response so I called again: They told me this time that my sliders were the first in line of the next production run, but they had a full run of DOM sliders ahead of me, and had no response to why I was promised mine would be built 'that day' and no-effort was made to make anything right.

So...
-Here I am, 02FEB19 and still no update, or shipping. $1k slider set still sitting in cue, and I will update these as things progress and change. Once again, $1,000.00 dollars down, 5 months later on a 6-8 week production promise. Not impressed. I am part of a big offroad community in the PNW and already had three mates drop orders from CBi over watching my issues... lets get this fixed.

Just when I thought I had made my decision on front and rear bumpers this makes me question CBI and if its worth it. Cant emphasize how much customer service plays into my decision to purchase expensive items or really anything from retailers. I hope this gets settled out quickly for you, seems really unfair to be treated that way.

Had my all pros with in a week and far cheaper as well , some of these companies get to far ahead of them shelves and think they can handle the workload , and refuse to upgrade equiment or hire on more people .
Your issue sucks and I would agree with others cancel ,i dont kike saying this cause I do like cbi but they need to learn the lesson right
We saw this unfold with Pelfry. Now im not saying theyre the same, as CBI is a bit bigger than pelfry was, but still

Just when I thought I had made my decision on front and rear bumpers this makes me question CBI and if its worth it. Cant emphasize how much customer service plays into my decision to purchase expensive items or really anything from retailers. I hope this gets settled out quickly for you, seems really unfair to be treated that way.
They have nice stuff dont let this change your mind , wait for a better time , if you like there stuff thats all it means . Give em a shout and see what there actual lead time is

UPDATE:
-Kenny has on the order that they are cut and in-production, so he will be calling back to find out if they are actually finished or when they will be for me. As of now they may be:
--1: In Pieces waiting to be welded
--2: Welded and awaiting Shipping (lets hope for this one)

I feel that at this point, if they are completed, I have waited so damn long I just am going to see this through. But not something I will be dealing with again. I did ask why the production took so long, and it has to do with (as previously mentioned) production runs. Mine being a long bed, as they are not as common, they were waiting until closer to deadline to accumulate orders. Then their bender broke, the replacement jig was incorrect, and back ordered, got their piece in and had to complete the run of orders they were on (the ones I mentioned before that I was behind). And now they are on mine. Once again, I want to tell the whole story, not bash a company, but this post may never have happened had they communicated with me what was really going on. Communication is really important for businesses... and this niche market, with it's close community, and reputation for getting..well... screwed (pilfry/alpro), it's even more important.

They have nice stuff dont let this change your mind , wait for a better time , if you like there stuff thats all it means . Give em a shout and see what there actual lead time is

I did the above... and this happened. but will continue to update... going strong at 17weeks and waiting.

I called CBI today checking on my bumpers. They still aren’t close. Told Kenny about the bad press he is getting on the tacoma forums. He said that he isn’t at all worried because only about 5% of the customers were upset.

Really? That came from Kenny? Hard to believe. He responded through the 'other forum' and not only had my shipping updated but they are offering to refund all shipping costs (this is almost 250$!). I am rather impressed with their service.... once 1800 views, 150+ responses over two separate forums were an issue. :) The power of social media (which I include forums on that list)

I called CBI today checking on my bumpers. They still aren’t close. Told Kenny about the bad press he is getting on the tacoma forums. He said that he isn’t at all worried because only about 5% of the customers were upset.

Pretty sad that is his outlook.

Believe what you want, but that is exactly what Kenny said.

What day
I feel that at this point, if they are completed, I have waited so damn long I just am going to see this through. But not something I will be dealing with again. .

I think you need to relax and understand the Tacoma and truck market is slammed right now. YOU WILL be dealing with this again. You are getting responses from CBI at least

I ordered a front rear and bed rack from them
I was told they’d be there around the beginning to middle of September

That time comes and they were going to be pushed back and I was leaving for San Diego the end of the month for the month of October so I asked them to hold them till I got back.
Gave them a call that I was headed back and they could ship them and a week later they had arrived.

I partnered up with them and I can say they are really well built. Sucks that you’re having a hard time with their customer service
If you have any further questions I can try and reach out to Nate.

I bet what is happening is with PB defunct CBI is getting inundated with orders. There is no way to plan for that.

Back