• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Total Chaos UCA Install.

Malcolm

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
It’s time to replace the upper control arms. I should have done this long ago, but I had honestly forgotten all about them. I’ll be swapping out the stock UCA’s with Total Chaos UCA’s today and am so excited about this swap. I’ll update this thread once I get started!

53A458D4-3081-444A-AF08-1C12AAAB792F.jpeg

are you planning on cutting the UCA bolt and inserting the opposite direction or keeping it the same?

Can't wait to see more pics :)

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Thanks! Installation went well, took a little longer than I anticipated but pretty easy for one person to do. I had some what sounded like low knocking or rubbing at first but the sound is going away the more I drive. Suspect it’s just the UCA’s settling
36F61827-C6A2-4CC7-8E0A-960D74F2EBEB.jpeg

Can you post more photos of the setup? Any close-ups of the suspension is appreciated. Happy to take a look and make sure everything looks the way it should.

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Can you post more photos of the setup? Any close-ups of the suspension is appreciated. Happy to take a look and make sure everything looks the way it should.

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

The noise has pretty much gone away. Everything was put back to normal. I still need alignment though. Your video was a huge help! Have you experienced any noise like that post install?

The noise has pretty much gone away. Everything was put back to normal. I still need alignment though. Your video was a huge help! Have you experienced any noise like that post install?

Typically there aren't any noises after install. Alignment will help make sure everything is where it needs to be. You shouldn't experience any issues moving forward, but please contact us if you do.

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Back