• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The T3G Staff conversation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get 5-15 new registrations a day and have about 150 unique users login each day. Those are great numbers, I just wish people posted more. Most new registrations don’t ever make a post and most regulars are pretty quiet.

I do think I will be able to increase posting activity this summer after I’m free of the Marine Corps. So there is some light ahead at least.

It's definitely a thing that all of us should be aware of that getting users to engage and stay engaged in concversations is the most difficult and important thing to help build this site/community. Making sure that we ourselves are following up on responses to them and interacting with users is huge in getting them to do the same.

It's definitely a thing that all of us should be aware of that getting users to engage and stay engaged in concversations is the most difficult and important thing to help build this site/community. Making sure that we ourselves are following up on responses to them and interacting with users is huge in getting them to do the same.

IMO we've been doing a pretty good job w/ that thus far. just need more people to post.

I mean even I am neglecting the site right now. It’s so damn busy with this bullshit situation I’m in at the moment.

IMO we've been doing a pretty good job w/ that thus far. just need more people to post.

I would agree with you. Everyone has been on it lately which has been awesome.

I mean even I am neglecting the site right now. It’s so damn busy with this bullshit situation I’m in at the moment.

You'll have plenty of time and a lot less stress soon enough. ?

What other ways are you guys thinking to get people to post more?

Responses to posts are obviously a big one, I do feel we all get to them (or other users) fairly quickly.

Is there room for a “sticky” or something they see right off the bat when they sign up? It would say something about showing off your truck or doing a build post? Even something that will just make the new members start off with a post. I feel like that will get the ball rolling.

I gotta say @Tyler its the same for me as far as neglecting the site. ive been scoping caterers for the event, and prepping for expo west which will be huge for us. The amount of traffic that will see tacoma3g.com on the truck during expo west is gonna be incredible since ill be posted up in the RIGID booth.

@Tyler I want to re-address a google ad campaign, I know we had a discussion months ago about this and you said it didnt really do anything, but i would like to set one up with my GF since she knows google very well and i think she could help us optimize it for us so we get the best results. let me know what you think!

PS: i know events stress you out dude, but dont worry about it

3rd gen section on tacomaworld went MIA, maybe we’ll be getting some more traffic

Very cringe to watch people be power hungry like that.

63E132B3-B45C-4381-9856-789E2CF9A18B.jpeg

That dude is such an cocky asshole, all of the nj bs thread hate him because he bans anyone who talks remotely negative about him and he thinks he’s god because him and bamf bought the Pelfrey auction just to sell everything at retail and literally make money

Can’t stand people like that. Don’t even understand how they are the ones that get chosen as moderators.

I wish I could ask them to keep the joke rolling at tell people to come here. But that would definitely get me banned for even asking.

Lol I was tempted to but I was like nah 100% I’ll be banned

I know :(

It sucks because I KNOW if even 1/3 of the people that use that forum knew about this one, our traffic would be so much higher. I know for a fact they would think this is the better and nicer forum, because it is. They just don’t know about us and there is no legal way to tell them, lol.

I have links to T3G in my tw signature. Anytime I post on TW I leave a permanent redirect to T3G.

How can I get some more stickers? I’ve been making it out to some Tacoma Krew meets in my local riverside/SB/Irvine areas and gave out all the stickers that @Tyler gave me. I’ve been having cool convos and encouraging Tacoma owners to check out the forum. Would be rad to be able to keep stoking people out with them.

How can I get some more stickers? I’ve been making it out to some Tacoma Krew meets in my local riverside/SB/Irvine areas and gave out all the stickers that @Tyler gave me. I’ve been having cool convos and encouraging Tacoma owners to check out the forum. Would be rad to be able to keep stoking people out with them.
PM your address and I’ll send more.

Thank you for handing them all out!

Another thing: I don’t know if you guys have ever seen this because I move these threads often, but if a vendor makes a thread anywhere besides their own forum, please move it into their own forum. They aren’t supposed to advertise in the main forums and they know that. Thank you.

Everyone,

I have hidden Battleborn's forum for the time being. I placed an order with them and they have gone radio silent. In doing some research it appears they have a very shady past and I will not allow T3G members to get ripped off if that's their M.O.

Until they get back to me and get me my parts, refund my money, and explain themselves I do not believe we should have them as vendors on the site. I've tried reaching out for weeks and have gotten very little and now no response.

Everyone,

I have hidden Battleborn's forum for the time being. I placed an order with them and they have gone radio silent. In doing some research it appears they have a very shady past and I will not allow T3G members to get ripped off if that's their M.O.

Until they get back to me and get me my parts, refund my money, and explain themselves I do not believe we should have them as vendors on the site. I've tried reaching out for weeks and have gotten very little and now no response.

I’ve had 1 really good outcome and 1 slightly frustrating one.

Ordered parts- were on my door within 3 days

Ordered parts again, took 2 weeks to get half my stuff. Asked for update, had to wait another 2-3 weeks. That was fine until that time came up and no answers were given. I ended up switching products to get what I wanted. (Product was on backorder) so not really their fault. However, I did have to reach out to them a couple times to find out what was going on. They ended up responding and getting the rest of the order out about a month or so later.

Moral of the story. Bug the crap out of them. Message them on here, call them, email as much as possible.

I hope they turn around for you and get in touch ASAP. They did for me and I would still buy from them.

*Don't get me started on Marlin Crawler and their customer service ?

I’ve had 1 really good outcome and 1 slightly frustrating one.

Ordered parts- were on my door within 3 days

Ordered parts again, took 2 weeks to get half my stuff. Asked for update, had to wait another 2-3 weeks. That was fine until that time came up and no answers were given. I ended up switching products to get what I wanted. (Product was on backorder) so not really their fault. However, I did have to reach out to them a couple times to find out what was going on. They ended up responding and getting the rest of the order out about a month or so later.

Moral of the story. Bug the crap out of them. Message them on here, call them, email as much as possible.

I hope they turn around for you and get in touch ASAP. They did for me and I would still buy from them.

*Don't get me started on Marlin Crawler and their customer service ?

I've had two other good experiences with them in the past. Which is why I decided to give them a shot on a bigger purchase. They are blowing it an it should never come to me having to hound them about an order. That's unprofessional and unacceptable. Just answer the call or emails with legit and truthful answers (even if it means telling me the item is backordered) and we won't have a problem. But if you're going to avoid me with my money in your hand, yeah we've got an issue.

Everyone,

Thanks for the update.

Have you messaged their forum account regarding your personal issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back