• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The T3G Staff conversation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I figure now that things might get slightly more talkative in here, we could use a thread for general b/s that doesn't warrant creating a whole thread.

Andy, do you want a custom URL for your build thread again? I have no idea why it decided to go wonky and pretty much totally stop working. I'm gonna continue to leave it disabled for members. But I know you liked having the URL, so if you'd like, I should be able to get you a working one again.

I completely missed that it wasn't working anymore. Not sure what happened. I have it posted a couple of places so if it's still possible to have as we had discussed that would be cool. If it doesn't work I can just go change the links.

I have been pretty busy but I have some cool plans for growing T3G.

One of the simple things I've been doing is on Facebook. While cheesy, it actually works. And I absolutely hate Facebook, but this is useful... I go through other 3rd gen Tacoma groups on Facebook and friend request those members. Then I simply post statuses on my own Facebook about T3G. It puts our website in front of thousands of people without really spamming them.

I think the Facebook friends cap is 5,000. I will cap my friends list and then that's about 5,000 Taco owners that are seeing a link to this site whenever I make a post, lol.

Also, the 20k forum posts giveaway is gonna drop soon, so that'll help bring in activity.

Hey @Malcolm , who did your avatar image/vinyl design? I'm working on a concept that I'll some help on as I'm design challenged. lol

Hey @Malcolm , who did your avatar image/vinyl design? I'm working on a concept that I'll some help on as I'm design challenged. lol
@Mr. Nobody i went on fiver and found someone and I can try and find their link if you want the same person!

@Mr. Nobody i went on fiver and found someone and I can try and find their link if you want the same person!

Never even heard of that site. Quite genius. If you think they'd be interested in the work I would definitely be interested in getting their contact info.

That's a huge score to have him over here. I assume he'll have to the full access/moderator privileges for the OV forum? Makes total sense for him considering the shit show the TW threads have become.

And this place is about to blow up when that forum opens! ?

He will, yes. And I’ll be implementing thread categories there, ie: pre-sale questions, troubleshooting, feedback.

I want this to be really convienent and organized from him. And as a result, a huge increase in site traffic for us.

Considering his other thread has thousands of replies, i think a one stop shop will be incredible, especially for T3G. Should bring a lot of people here for that!

@Mr. Nobody and @Tyler RIGID sent me these lights in a product number mixup when they were sending my my SRM pro backup light kit. If you want and i know i pitched this to @Tyler already but i can offer these up in the 2K giveaway.

I am a little hesitant about offering up flushmount lights though because last giveaway I did with T3G i offered up a set of Dually Flush mounts that were worth 400$ and the guy sold them as soon as he got them just for the money. Now i know what ever people get is upto them if they want to use them or not, but i do like seeing our giveaway products going to people who are actually going to use them, since there are people who enter who really want to use the stuff we giveaway on their builds.

Let me know what you think, theyre here if we want to use them, if not ill find another use for them.

Photo on 1-7-19 at 11.18 AM.jpg

I would like to give them away. Rago Fab asked to be the sole sponsor of the 20k giveaway though. So these could be given away after this one if you’re willing to hang on to them for a minute.

I would like to give them away. Rago Fab asked to be the sole sponsor of the 20k giveaway though. So these could be given away after this one if you’re willing to hang on to them for a minute.
I can hang on to them however long, Didnt have any plans to mount them on the truck as id need to fab something up to make them work. Does not matter to me and id like to offer them up as a T3G item.
What is Rago saying?

They are gonna do bee stiffeners and ditch light brackets. Hopefully that is exciting enough.

I would of course take them, but do I need them at the moment, no. Besides if it works out for a future gieaway I'd agree it should go there.

@Tyler and @Malcolm I'm actually in talks with a big charity sponsor that could work out towards a major revamp of my truck and also exposure for T3G. I had a meeting with them today and they are very excited about the concept. That said my next step is to bring it to you guys as I think k T3G could be involved and benefit as well.

I'll be writing up a post a bit later with the details and where the whole thing is at right now. I'll post it in the staff forum to keep it quiet as it's not a done deal, but I'm very excited. Then I'll likely have some questions for you guys about how it can benefit T3G and about getting other vendors to get on board. I know you guys have some relationships with certain brands, like Rigid for example.

I hope you guys end up as excited as I am.

I would of course take them, but do I need them at the moment, no. Besides if it works out for a future gieaway I'd agree it should go there.

@Tyler and @Malcolm I'm actually in talks with a big charity sponsor that could work out towards a major revamp of my truck and also exposure for T3G. I had a meeting with them today and they are very excited about the concept. That said my next step is to bring it to you guys as I think k T3G could be involved and benefit as well.

I'll be writing up a post a bit later with the details and where the whole thing is at right now. I'll post it in the staff forum to keep it quiet as it's not a done deal, but I'm very excited. Then I'll likely have some questions for you guys about how it can benefit T3G and about getting other vendors to get on board. I know you guys have some relationships with certain brands, like Rigid for example.

Dude that sounds insane!

I could definitely work with RIGID to get them involved if it would help what youre doing. Richie is looking for 6 new brand ambassadors in the south west so its definitely a possibility. Stoked to hear whats gonna be happening.

Glad you guys are already supportive. I think you guys will dig it.

@Mr. Nobody , @Tyler and i discussed a pitch i had for my role on T3G and we both agreed that my rightful role will be as event manager for the site. I will be a representative of the site in meetups, events, fund raisers, cleanups etc, and will attend all within my capability to attend to inform people about the website, have a personable outreach to the community in person, and provide answers to any quesitons and bring new people to the site from events who may not have been aware of us. Since I have been offered spots in many of the big events for 2019 and with a cross country trip planned where i plan to setup events throughout the states i visit with T3G members, i found this title would be more fitting for how i have been interacting with Tacoma3G.

This is very exciting for me personally. I have a lot planned with some pretty big faces in the community and i think this will help all of us.

As mentioned, I love that you brought this up and I think it is a fitting role for you. I also like the idea of us having different roles. We are all forum moderators, but it’s more than that.

Perhaps a meet up with the 3 (or 6 if you include the ladies) of us is in our future. Especially since I gotta get you guys some stickers to keep on hand.

As mentioned, I love that you brought this up and I think it is a fitting role for you. I also like the idea of us having different roles. We are all forum moderators, but it’s more than that.

Perhaps a meet up with the 3 (or 6 if you include the ladies) of us is in our future. Especially since I gotta get you guys some stickers to keep on hand.
I havent seen you in a minute so i feel like its long over-due hah.

@Malcolm , sounds awesome man. The way this place is growing it's best to stay ahead of the curve and start sharing and spreading the work load. If you need help with any events let me know. ??

And yeah I'm definitely game to meet up. Obviously with just my addition to the staff alone there'd be plenty to talk about. I think with the charity, the events, the trips, and all the other ideas likely floating around all our heads, it'd be good to get together and just talk for a couple hours. Definitely should make this happen sooner rather than later.

@Tyler @Mr. Nobody just got Mountain Hatch on as a vendor. They make the tailgate replacement panel that makes it smooth and flat for cutting or being able to set items on a flat surface. Good guys, just going to need @Tyler to make them a vendor account after they sign up and create their subbforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back