• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TACOMABEAST headlights

Bigstevie

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Quick question, who has TACOMABEAST headlights and put LEDs in them? I bought some online that wouldn’t turn on. Anyone make a switch to LED, what did you use?

I am not running @TACOMABEAST headlights but I am running LED bulbs. I run XenonDepot extremes. No complaints with them.

Do the TacomaBeast housings use the factory H11 bulbs?

I am not running @TACOMABEAST headlights but I am running LED bulbs. I run XenonDepot extremes. No complaints with them.

I’m not sure, I know I read somewhere that guy said he replaced himself with H7 and I bought a pair and they wouldn’t even turn on

The 3rd Gen Headlights use H11 for low and H9 for high beams. Because the LEDs void the warranty, we have not tested any LEDs or HIDs yet but it is a popular request so we are looking into running some tests to begin recommending the best LEDs and HIDs for those headlights for whoever is OK with the warranty being void.

TacomaBeast takes H7 but installing leds into them will 100 percent void warranty so if you don’t it by all means u purchased it lol, just careful with the led you choose as only a led that replicates the stock looking halogen will work since the backing of the headlight housing is so small, just take note on that ?

Dongt have these but the Auxbeam 90W H11 are killer and as bright as my old Morimoto elite 55w HID's that just crapped out on me.

The 3rd Gen Headlights use H11 for low and H9 for high beams. Because the LEDs void the warranty, we have not tested any LEDs or HIDs yet but it is a popular request so we are looking into running some tests to begin recommending the best LEDs and HIDs for those headlights for whoever is OK with the warranty being void.

Awesome man, I appreciate it. Let me know what y’all recommend for those of us voiding warranties haha

Awesome man, I appreciate it. Let me know what y’all recommend for those of us voiding warranties haha
Lol no worries here’s a video on it so u can see it visually the leds I used I don’t recommend them cuz there cheap quality but if u can find a high quality one or wait until Tacomabeast if they ever release one that’ll of course be better but for the mean time if u wanna check out my video for more info

Saw that y’all started selling some H11 LEDs on your website. Are these ones that can replace the bulbs in the TACOMABEAST headlights if we decide to void the warranty?

Saw that y’all started selling some H11 LEDs on your website. Are these ones that can replace the bulbs in the TACOMABEAST headlights if we decide to void the warranty?

Tacomabeasts take H7 bulbs man. Im sure they just put them up there for people wanting to swap their halogens out in their stock headlights.

Tacomabeasts take H7 bulbs man. Im sure they just put them up there for people wanting to swap their halogens out in their stock headlights.
So even though it’s a Tacoma and I’m pretty sure it’s beast headlights with H11 LED Farhen 6500k bulbs, your saying get H7?
Just bought the truck and the low beams are very dim. Just not good beam.
Please tell me what bulb to get that will give a good low beam. Ty

Lol no worries here’s a video on it so u can see it visually the leds I used I don’t recommend them cuz there cheap quality but if u can find a high quality one or wait until Tacomabeast if they ever release one that’ll of course be better but for the mean time if u wanna check out my video for more info
How can I get replacement covers for the back of lights?

So let's say I want to swap out the stock headlights for the Morimoto XB LED HEADLIGHTS. I have a few questions (I'm new to all of this):
1. These are full LED (low beam and high), correct?
2. Would installing these void warranty? (truck bought used)
3. Is there any type of mods needed to accomodate the LED headlights? i.e Will my power system support them?

Thanks to anyone that could provide insight.

Any quality LED will have all the necessary equipment to run them. Mine have little resistors built into the harness.

As for the warranty, that's a tough one. A dealer could void your warranty for window tint and a failed window regulator if they wanted. What a particular dealership will void your warranty for is a difficult thing to pinpoint as they all have different criteria.

Back