• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma3G's YouTuber Directory || Have a YouTube? Share it here!

Last edited:
  • Channel name: thetopalovic
  • Channel URL: thetopalovic
  • Topics covered on channel: How-to Installs and Reviews on My 3rd Gen Tacoma. Will Also start doing other truck and vehicle installs.
  • Instagram handle (if applicable): @thetopalovic (Personal) @thetopalovictaco (truck ig) Not very active on Instagram.

I have wanted to start a youtube channel to document my truck and car builds and adventures for a while, the COVID Lockdowns and stay at home order was the nudge I needed to be able to stay busy while stuck at home, especially as I had a pregnant wife at home, we didn't do any traveling as per our doctor's recommendations.

I'm hoping the channel brings valuable information to the Tacoma3g community.

• Topics covered on channel: How-to Installs and Reviews on My 3rd Gen Tacoma. Will Also start doing other truck and vehicle installs.
  • Instagram handle (if applicable): @thetopalovic (Personal) @thetopalovictaco (truck ig) Not very active on Instagram.

I have wanted to start a youtube channel to document my truck and car builds and adventures for a while, the COVID Lockdowns and stay at home order was the nudge I needed to be able to stay busy while stuck at home, especially as I had a pregnant wife at home, we didn't do any traveling as per our doctor's recommendations.

Man, 340 subs in 6 months? I’m impressed 👏

Haven’t been able to watch any yet but looks like some good videos. I’ll binge them tonight.

Subbed. You're getting really solid views man.

Your sub count will follow eventually lol my account is the same way. I get more views than I should for my sub count, which I mainly attribute to doing mostly install videos.

I think I'm now subscribed to everyone in the list as The Wandering Winterfields. Let me know if I missed you and I'll sub. All I do is watch YouTube nowadays.

Subscribed to everyone here. I'm actually editing our first adventure video with the Tacoma. It was a busy (and smoky) summer...

DJI_0686.jpeg

Working on a new video or two as well. Last night with the glow of the camp fire.

Attachments

• C5587148-AA93-40E4-92C4-97D70701D695.jpeg
    C5587148-AA93-40E4-92C4-97D70701D695.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 72
Hey everyone, Mumfy here.
  • Channel name: Mumfy
  • Channel URL: Mumfy
  • Topics covered on channel: How-to Installs and Reviews on My 3rd Gen Tacoma, discussions, camping, vlogs and more.
  • Instagram handle: mumfy_taco

• currently my YouTube videos are Installs with a couple of vlogs and reviews but slowly growing the topics.

Which drone is that?
I use the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I have 5 batteries, so I shot a bunch with it on this trip in an effort to make shooting these videos easier. Also, the smoke made for some cool scenery.

-M

I use the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I have 5 batteries, so I shot a bunch with it on this trip in an effort to make shooting these videos easier. Also, the smoke made for some cool scenery.

-M
I keep hearing of big and medium YouTubers getting tattletale’d on for using their drone in videos without the license. Seems petty to report them. But rules are rules I guess.

I keep hearing of big and medium YouTubers getting tattletale’d on for using their drone in videos without the license. Seems petty to report them. But rules are rules I guess.
I've heard this as well..

I think the mavic mini you don't need to register & may escape some of those rules, but the mavic air & others are too big for that.
I'll be getting a drone next month so I need to read up on this haha

It takes about 10 minutes to get a license. It's not hard. The Mavic Mini is just under the limit for needing a license. If you install the prop guards it becomes to heavy. I don't like DJI as a company though. They do some sketch stuff with their app. That's why I run an Evo.

Last edited:
It takes about 10 minutes to get a license. It's not hard. The Mavic Mini is just under the limit for needing a license though. If you install the prop guards it becomes to heavy. I don't like DJI as a company though. They do some sketch stuff with their app. That's why I run an Evo.
Yeah, I want to get one soon and we try to mostly stick to the books so I’ll get the license.

I've heard this as well..

I think the mavic mini you don't need to register & may escape some of those rules, but the mavic air & others are too big for that.
I'll be getting a drone next month so I need to read up on this haha
I did hear that about this drone though. Weird loophole.

You have to register anything, and you need a license for using the drone for commercial purposes. I am a licensed remote pilot so I'm ok.

I have a Overlanding Radios video and I had someone threaten to report me for 1) not having a radio license (I do, but edited my call sign out) 2) Letting my drone loiter while I drove away (I was not driving the vehicle that drove away). I'm sure that inspectors from the agencies know how video editing works.

But if you fly a drone in a national park, they will come after you. Or so I've heard.

-M

Anyone getting $$ from YouTube? It's really on fire right now. I've been busy all summer and haven't posted much, but still it's double what it was in late winter. I'm going to get back on it now.

Also, we should add location for COLLABS!

-M
I've been pretty much buying all my mods from TheYotaGarage, also realized they had a partner/affiliate program which was easy to sign up for. Payouts are pretty good on it 5% commission, it's helped with paying for parts, also has been nice to get discounts by being on the program and apply the commission to it.

I also have linked a few items to Amazon, which I haven't really made much from at all.

I'm a fairly new channel and I'm hoping as I'm growing it that it will continue funding mods on my Truck. Hope this helps you guys:

Man, 340 subs in 6 months? I’m impressed 👏

Haven’t been able to watch any yet but looks like some good videos. I’ll binge them tonight.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Subbed. You're getting really solid views man.

Your sub count will follow eventually lol my account is the same way. I get more views than I should for my sub count, which I mainly attribute to doing mostly install videos.

I appreciate that man, I'm just trying to stay consistent with uploads. My wife and me recently had a baby so it's been a bit rough getting content out.

On a side note, I've had a couple people comment on my videos with "Don't you have another channel knighttacoma?" I guess we look-alike to the people! lol

Back