• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Tacoma3G.com's 2 year anniversary!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
May 1, 2020 was our forum's 2 year anniversary!

I apologize for being a little late on celebrating my own website's anniversary. Paige and I have been going through unusual days and weeks due to COVID, just like most people. So, I honestly didn't notice the date until today. :(

Nonetheless, I am stoked to be able to say we reached this milestone.

I've said it so many times, but starting a forum after 2009 tends to be a difficult thing to succeed at. Forums were a huge part of the internet in the early 2000s. They obviously still are, but most of the active ones today have been online for 10+ years, which is how they remain at the top. The reason it is so hard to successfully build a brand new one nowadays is because of Facebook and Reddit. Personally, I can't stand Facebook, but I do understand why it appeals to so many less-internet-savvy folks. Tacoma Facebook groups do have their pros. And Reddit in general, I browse all the time, though I don't think it is a great platform for our niche specifically.

What I am getting at is how thankful I am for all of you that have chosen Tacoma3G as your primary Tacoma community. Nothing I could do, regardless of how well I do it, would matter, if we didn't have thousands of members that are actively contributing to discussions on our forum. You guys posting and engaging with each other is what really counts. I also seriously appreciate everyone who makes a donation because that money allows me to pay for the server and more importantly, give it back to you with things like RotM. If you ever notice our members online list, there are usually more blue usernames than black ones, which is awesome.

The other thing I need to mention is the fact that you guys keep on chugging even when I'm slacking. I wish I posted way more. I wish I implemented my new ideas faster. I wish I did more to make your overall experience at T3G better. While I do push out new features occasionally, there is so much more I want to do, but sometimes I do lose motivation for no reason. And you guys never seem to be disappointed in me when I am less active. Thank you for that. If you never stop using the forum, I will never stop maintaining it. And I sure as fuck won't sell it to some bullshit forum-buying corporation like Internet Brands, lol.

I normally like to pair our milestones with a giveaway, but @Mr. Nobody is actually about to post a T3G-in-part giveaway on his Instagram. And we also have May RotM coming up, which is set up to be sponsored by one of our vendors again. June's is also looking to be sponsored by a vendor.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it yet, but thank you for being a member of Tacoma3G and I look forward to making this post again in one year from now!

Congrats Tacoma3g! Congrats Tyler! It’s built up quite a bit even since I joined a while back.

Thanks to everyone for sure. This community has kept the same positive attitudes and discussions without the drama and non sense other forums tend to bring. That’s why I am apart of it and will continue to be here.

Here’s to 2 more 🍻🎉

Congrats Tacoma3g! Congrats Tyler! It’s built up quite a bit even since I joined a while back.

Thanks to everyone for sure. This community has kept the same positive attitudes and discussions without the drama and non sense other forums tend to bring. That’s why I am apart of it and will continue to be here.

Here’s to 2 more 🍻🎉
And thank you for volunteering to go the extra mile here!

Here’s to 2 more 🍻🎉
I watched your steering wheel fix last night and my mind was blown because I think that's all I need to do to finally fix mine.

I watched your steering wheel fix last night and my mind was blown because I think that's all I need to do to finally fix mine.

Hopefully it does! That’s why I make most of these videos. If I can’t find it online I’ll try it my self and if it’s not a complete disaster I’ll post the video lol

Congrats on the milestone! The current version of the internet is nothing like how it was originally designed. Decentralization was replaced by mass centralization. Like when people thought AOL was the internet, social media for the most part is what the internet is now and the open web was dying. I'm hoping for a renaissance and I'm happy to see you believing in the open web as well :) Loving the culture and vibe on this board and hope we continue to keep it a-hole free ;)

keep up the great work!

Awesome! I love this forum. Tacoma 3g is by far the best online community period. I've been on a few other forums and have to say what ever projects or vehicles (Tacoma or not) I'd prefer to post here. Good vibes, good peeps and just the right amount of smart-assery is tolerated 🖕

Happy anniversary to all!! Thank you to the members for making the site as friendly, helpful, and fun as it is. We may not be the biggest, but we strive to foster the best environment that welcomes all Tacoma/Toyota enthusiasts from beginner to advanced. Thanks for supporting the site and for making T3G not only a good spot for all to learn about and share, but to have fun as well.

An extra thank you to those of you who have donated or bought stickers and patches. Without your support it would be extremely difficult to work to bring you the improvements and infrastructure we want for the T3G membership. So thank you.

To our vendors, thank you for those of you that are still here on a regular basis and post up not only your products, but your specialized expertise and knowledge. Your contributions to T3G do not go unnoticed and if there's anything I can do to help you grow your businesses please do not hesitate to reach out to me anytime.

@Tyler thanks for putting in so much of your time and energy to growing this site.

I for one am happy to be a part of T3G and hope to be for a long time. 👊😎

Grats on the 2 years!! Ive only been here for a short time, but I think its cool that when I log on, I see that you have posted on the forum also. Its nice to see that you are involved in the discussions along with working your ass off to keep this thing going.

Nice happy anniversary T3G!!

I think you've done an incredible job with the site and I really love how active you guys are in both posting and in maintaining/upgrading the site.

This site is definitely quality over quantity compared to TW... I almost dread creating a thread over there because everyone is so annoying.
Here, I absolutely love interacting with everyone and haven't encountered any annoying people yet.

Keep it up! Can't wait to see what's next.

Happy anniversary
D9E35FDE-1F6A-403D-8EBF-1D5B58D2DC6D.jpeg

I just bought my T3G in December last year, but I found your forum soon after. This is my “Go-to” spot when I need to learn anything. I appreciate everyone’s input so much! I’ve already learned a ton about what I want to do with my truck! It’s like having a great big Tonka Toy! All I need now is a budget the size of my imagination 🤠 congrats on 2 years!
830CE538-6708-4F71-A46D-9E5E604D10BB.jpeg

I just bought my T3G in December last year, but I found your forum soon after. This is my “Go-to” spot when I need to learn anything. I appreciate everyone’s input so much! I’ve already learned a ton about what I want to do with my truck! It’s like having a great big Tonka Toy! All I need now is a budget the size of my imagination 🤠 congrats on 2 years!
830CE538-6708-4F71-A46D-9E5E604D10BB.jpeg
Beautiful truck and I love hearing stuff like that.

You have done good Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back