• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wanted Tacoma Hood Swap Thread

Looking to trade cement grey scooped hood off my ‘19 trd sport for a cement grey non-scooped. Current hood as a few minor hail dings, otherwise excellent condition. Located in Phila, PA. With the minor dings I’m willing to sweeten the deal on my end, depending on the condition of your hood.
You ever come to Tampa bay, I’m down for a swap.

Super white non-scooped. Looking for true white scooped. Located in southern Oregon. Up for a road trip if worth it. thanks.

Attachments

• june.jpeg
    june.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 94
2020 TRD Super white non-scooped hood looking for a scooped hood (sounds like a singles ad in the newspaper...) Located in Las Vegas. Willing to drive reasonable distance and throw some $$$ on my end.

I have an MGM SR5. I had a hood swap lined up last year, but it fell through so I am looking for a skewed hood to trade for my slick-skin hood. I'm in central Texas, Fort Hood area.

Got a 2018 Sport Super White. Looking for Non-Scoop Super White. In South Central Nebraska.

I have a 2021 Midnight Black non-scooped hood in mint condition (factory paint, scruff free, vehicle with under 800 miles). I’m looking to trade mine for a 2021 Midnight Black Scooped Hood in mint condition as well (factory paint, etc.) I’m in the Mississippi are and willing to do some driving.

I have a 2021 Midnight Black non-scooped hood in mint condition (factory paint, scruff free, vehicle with under 800 miles). I’m looking to trade mine for a 2021 Midnight Black Scooped Hood in mint condition as well (factory paint, etc.) I’m in the Mississippi are and willing to do some driving.

I meant, scratch free.

Realizing that the odds weren't in my favor, I went the Seibon route.

1601842790087.jpeg

1601842789334.png

1601842956713.png

1601842855241.png

How was the weight comparison?

Have: Cement Non-Scoop - Great condition.
Want: Cement Scooped - Good condition.

Last edited:
Met up with Chaz this am to do our hood swap! Turned out very well for both of us. Chaz is a great guy! I was pleased to meet up with you, Chaz and Thank You again!

Pics of my '18 Sport with the non-scoop hood!

Attachments

• E07B1A96-C1C9-4A16-AF48-E95A6CCCCE89.jpeg
    E07B1A96-C1C9-4A16-AF48-E95A6CCCCE89.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 119
  • AA554D1C-33DD-42D7-ADAD-3B4D06C48073.jpeg
    AA554D1C-33DD-42D7-ADAD-3B4D06C48073.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 116
Even trade? Just trying to see what it might cost me if I find someone.
Yes! Even trade. I wasn't looking to make money off the swap and I don't believe Chaz was either. Chaz wanted a scoop.....I wanted non-scoop....worked out well and we're both happy.

Yes! Even trade. I wasn't looking to make money off the swap and I don't believe Chaz was either. Chaz wanted a scoop.....I wanted non-scoop....worked out well and we're both happy.
That's awesome. I see so many trade posts with ridiculous prices. Like Hood + $500.
I should just print out cards or something to leave on Cement Gray Tacomas locally.

Just ask if their hood scoop is in the way or they get too much glare and offer to swap. Lol.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I see so many trade posts with ridiculous prices. Like Hood + $500.
I should just print out cards or something to leave on Cement Gray Tacomas locally.

Just ask if their hood scoop is in the way or they get too much glare and offer to swap. Lol.
I've seen those posts too.....and, the business cards idea jus might work! LOL

Met up with Chaz this am to do our hood swap! Turned out very well for both of us. Chaz is a great guy! I was pleased to meet up with you, Chaz and Thank You again!
Thanks! It was a blast driving to Nebraska this morning AND I got a scooped hood, to boot! Thanks again, @B-Man!

Here's my new Taco!

Attachments

• IMG-6570.jpg
    IMG-6570.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG-6572.jpg
    IMG-6572.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-6574.jpg
    IMG-6574.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 115
Back