• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Switch controller electrical question

951_yota

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Ok to start this off I am absolutely displeased with Caliraised lack of support on their switch controller. They flat out ignore emails regarding any questions on this product and when I spoke to them in person they also seemed to not know anything or didnt want to get involved. I have only found 3 people who have installed this on TW and none of the three would answer me on where they connected wire #13. They answered all my questions then when it came to that wire just stopped responding. It was like they were not sure either and just faking it.

Here is the wiring

Yellow goes to ignition fuse (p/outlet)
White goes to side marker lights p-tap
Black to ground
Red to “power” (what source of power)

So the red wire is my delemma. There is already a main 2 or 4 gauge power wire going to battery. So I ran the red wire to the battery also. This made my switch controller work even with car completely off which is not how it is intended im sure. So what I did was splice it with the yellow ignition wire and the add a fuse has a 7.5amp fuse in it. So the red and yellow are now both connected to ignition fuse under dash.

Anyone see any issues with this? I dont want my car to shift as I open my door or use my windsheild wipers as i press a button like someone we all know
C7FE5213-142B-4E3D-A210-45F2D30EAD32.jpeg
5F00A079-0935-4954-B2F8-ECA5E8AB6E7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Seriously sorry to read about your troubles with the CaliRiased switch. I originally ordered their switch when it was first released for pre-order. About a day later I saw the Instagram war between them and SwitchPros, and immediately canceled my order. I've since received and installed the SP 9100, and am really glad I paid for the real deal. I've read a couple similar stories to yours, and really question my future use of CaliRiased products.

On to your question...

Have you tested your current setup at all? I think your worst case scenario is blowing a fuse.

In car audio yellow is usually constant and red is ignition.

It shouldn't hurt your system to test it and see.

I agree but their wiring diagram has this setup. Its working but the backlight turns off and stays off when i turn on then off headlights. Its annoyong. Im seriously considering throwing it away and never using the company again. Im good with wiring but cant figure out this one wire as no other switching has an additional power wire to run it.

Anyone have hookup on a 9100?

Last edited:
Seriously sorry to read about your troubles with the CaliRiased switch. I originally ordered their switch when it was first released for pre-order. About a day later I saw the Instagram war between them and SwitchPros, and immediately canceled my order. I've since received and installed the SP 9100, and am really glad I paid for the real deal. I've read a couple similar stories to yours, and really question my future use of CaliRiased products.

On to your question...

Have you tested your current setup at all? I think your worst case scenario is blowing a fuse.

It is functional now and only works with car on but randomly the backlighting turns off and stays off unless i restart ignition. Unsure if its me or product at this point as all my connections are shrinkwrapped ect and solid

It’s a new item for them. One should’ve known that with new stuff you never buy right away.

It’s a new item for them. One should’ve known that with new stuff you never buy right away.
A new item has nothing to do with lack of install instructions. I get it that one needs general knowedge in wiring and they dont wanna assume liability but maybe just put red #13 attach to battery, yellow use p-tap for side marker ect. Wires arent even marked with gauges and by looks of them they cant even handle the 30amps switch 9 and 12 are rated for. They look to be 18g wiring. But when i email to ask wire size and total units amps rating i get nothing. But then email about any other product and responses come in. Its a joke and they got flamed big time for it on TW about lack of CS in responses on that forum for this product. I broke the golden rule “buy once cry once” lol. Anyway this isnt a bashing thread was just hoping someone could chime in on the power wire tapped into the ignition wire then ran to the add a fuse power outlet fuse. Im pretty sure im wired up correctly but unit doesnt dim with headlights and not sure if the light (yellow) wire does anything at all lol

Last edited:
A new item has nothing to do with lack of install instructions. I get it that one needs general knowedge in wiring and they dont wanna assume liability but maybe just put red #13 attach to battery, yellow use p-tap for side marker ect. Wires arent even marked with gauges and by looks of them they cant even handle the 30amps switch 9 and 12 are rated for. They look to be 18g wiring. But when i email to ask wire size and total units amps rating i get nothing. But then email about any other product and responses come in. Its a joke and they got flamed big time for it on TW anout lack of CS ir responses on that forum for this product. I broke the golden rule “buy once cry once” lol. Anyway this isnt a bashing thread was just hoping someone could chime in on the power wire tapped into the ignition wire then ran to the add a fuse piwer outlet fuse
Sell it and buy a Switch-Pros like me

It seems to me that they copied the switch-pros 8100 system, have you looked at the Switch-Pros 8100 wiring diagram? There might be some similarities. Worth a try.

It seems to me that they copied the switch-pros 8100 system, have you looked at the Switch-Pros 8100 wiring diagram? There might be some similarities. Worth a try.

Ya looks like they did I saw that and am wired up exactly like that except theres an extra power wire on this setup lmao. Its working fine. Just weird how it turns off all lighting when i turn on headlights then turn off then I have to restart truck to get backlighting back on

Here it is backlit with no headlights on. Does switchpros also stay lit like this even in daylight?

8524E068-01EE-4BB9-88BF-923BEE70FBAF.jpeg

Ya looks like they did I saw that and am wired up exactly like that except theres an extra power wire on this setup lmao. Its working fine. Just weird how it turns off all lighting when i turn on headlights then turn off then I have to restart truck to get backlighting back on

Here it is backlit with no headlights on. Does switchpros also stay lit like this even in daylight?

Yes. The switchpro is still backlit in daytime

Like @solscooter says, yes they do, you can set the brightness level with head lights off and the brightness level with the dim function when the headlights are on.

Like @solscooter says, yes they do, you can set the brightness level with head lights off and the brightness level with the dim function when the headlights are on.

Ya. I need to upgrade to that setup. Thanks all. Im up and running for now gotta save a few checks to pull trigger on the 9100 its about 700$ after mount and faceplate mount

If you go with the 9100, you can go without the mount until you can afford the extra for the SDHQ setup, the 9100 is Bluetooth and you can control everything from your phone and have the touch pad in your glove box until you get the extra funds. Not trying to turn you away from it, I love my SDHQ panel mount. For $13 you can buy a 1/8” 12”x12” sheet of aluminum from amazon and make your own mount for under the hood.
37C0E4F0-8B7B-4060-9F3C-54265DC549F7.jpeg

If you go with the 9100, you can go without the mount until you can afford the extra for the SDHQ setup, the 9100 is Bluetooth and you can control everything from your phone and have the touch pad in your glove box until you get the extra funds. Not trying to turn you away from it, I love my SDHQ panel mount. For $13 you can buy a 1/8” 12”x12” sheet of aluminum from amazon and make your own mount for under the hood.

I habe an extra SDHQ mount un packaged somewhere i need to sell

I already have the power tray i was referring to the 100$ touchpad that replaces coin tray bu
I habe an extra SDHQ mount un packaged somewhere i need to sell

Ifyou find it shoot me adm wrh pic. I do have the power tray though but looking into options. The caliraised switch controller did work flawlessy lastnight and today.

Back