• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension Suggestions

Big G

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I Have a 2.5 leveling kit and running 285/R17 ko2. I want to move away from the leveling. Wanted to do an icon lift but its out of my price range looking for other options

Attachments

• 20180823_110054.jpg
    20180823_110054.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 101
Bilstein 5100 are very affordable and a step up from spacers.

My next purchase is going to be suspension. I thought I knew what I wanted but now after diving in I think I’ve confused myself.
I mostly use my truck for commuting and might do a few off-roading trips a handful of times throughout the year...
I was looking at going Icon Stage 2 but now I think that might be overkill and maybe I should just go with the Old Man EMU Kit W/ DAKAR LEAF PACK..
Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have the OME suspension and have no regrets.

886 coils, firm nitrocharge shocks, heavy Dakar springs, and Light Racing UCA’s

886 coils, firm nitrocharge shocks, heavy Dakar springs, and Light Racing UCA’s
How do you think it compares to the Bilstein 5100 w/ Dakars?
Also should I just forget about the Icon Stage 3 kit? Seems to be overkill for my needs.

Have the 5100 on the wife’s FJ. I think they are both outstanding. You have to remember that you are looking at rigs from all over the country. Build your truck for the areas you go and the activities you pan to enjoy.

How do you think it compares to the Bilstein 5100 w/ Dakars?
Also should I just forget about the Icon Stage 3 kit? Seems to be overkill for my needs.
For what you want, the Icons would be overkill. I beat the hell out of my Bilstein/OME setup and it does great. You will be fine with the 5100/Dakar setup.

Back