SUSPENSION Suspension Suggestions

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Big G

= II • Bronze
First Name
Jose
Military
Army
T3G Member
#1,112
I Have a 2.5 leveling kit and running 285/R17 ko2. I want to move away from the leveling. Wanted to do an icon lift but its out of my price range looking for other options

Attachments

• 20180823_110054.jpg
    20180823_110054.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 33

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Bilstein 5100 are very affordable and a step up from spacers.
Have to agree with this for what you’re asking. Beat the crap out of mine and they work great.

NYC_Taco

= II • Bronze
First Name
Erik
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#1,301
My next purchase is going to be suspension. I thought I knew what I wanted but now after diving in I think I’ve confused myself.
I mostly use my truck for commuting and might do a few off-roading trips a handful of times throughout the year...
I was looking at going Icon Stage 2 but now I think that might be overkill and maybe I should just go with the Old Man EMU Kit W/ DAKAR LEAF PACK..
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Bird dog

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
DJ
Military
Navy
T3G Member
886 coils, firm nitrocharge shocks, heavy Dakar springs, and Light Racing UCA’s

NYC_Taco

= II • Bronze
First Name
Erik
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#1,301
886 coils, firm nitrocharge shocks, heavy Dakar springs, and Light Racing UCA’s
How do you think it compares to the Bilstein 5100 w/ Dakars?
Also should I just forget about the Icon Stage 3 kit? Seems to be overkill for my needs.

Bird dog

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
DJ
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Have the 5100 on the wife’s FJ. I think they are both outstanding. You have to remember that you are looking at rigs from all over the country. Build your truck for the areas you go and the activities you pan to enjoy.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
How do you think it compares to the Bilstein 5100 w/ Dakars?
Also should I just forget about the Icon Stage 3 kit? Seems to be overkill for my needs.
For what you want, the Icons would be overkill. I beat the hell out of my Bilstein/OME setup and it does great. You will be fine with the 5100/Dakar setup.

Top Bottom