SUSPENSION Suspension choices

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

black_tacoma

= III • Silver
T3G Member
I wanna know what routes I could go suspension-wise. I have 285/75/16s currently and I want something better than the stock suspension with a spacer lift. I get a bunch of trash talk when people ask why I run spacers and off-road. Should I go for something cheap or should I go all out? Any suggestions are welcome

BlueFalconActual

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
A lot will depend on your idea of what off-roading is. High speed desert runs? Slow rock crawling? Fire roads?
When it comes down to it though, ANYTHING is better than a spacer lift IMO.
Spacer lifts are the padded bra of suspension.

black_tacoma

= III • Silver
T3G Member
A lot will depend on your idea of what off-roading is. High speed desert runs? Slow rock crawling? Fire roads?
When it comes down to it though, ANYTHING is better than a spacer lift IMO.
Spacer lifts are the padded bra of suspension.
Yeah that’s true. I see myself doing a combination of the three tbh. I like going to the dunes in my truck as well as taking my truck out to crawl spots to hit some trials. That’s the problem I have is I do a little bit of everything when it comes to off-roading in my truck

hellppy

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Sean
T3G Member
I wanna know what routes I could go suspension-wise. I have 285/75/16s currently and I want something better than the stock suspension with a spacer lift. I get a bunch of trash talk when people ask why I run spacers and off-road. Should I go for something cheap or should I go all out? Any suggestions are welcome
Go full retard man! I'd personally go with ICON 2.5" with resis and ICON RXT rear suspension. Oh wait, that's what I did! (y)

Here's what I went with and I couldn't be happier on, and off-road!
http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...ma-0-275-suspension-system-stage9-billet.html

hellppy

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Sean
T3G Member

MMoreno16

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member

BlueFalconActual

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I’m also a fan of Icon’s. They get a lot of unwarranted hate in other forums because mouth breathers install incorrectly and then blame the manufacturer for their mistake. Icon has been nothing but stellar and helpful to me. I have their 2.5 w/resis in the front and 2.0 w/resis in the back. For what I do on my truck (mostly desert dirt roads), they are perfect.

azshooter40

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Robert
T3G Member

hellppy

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Sean
T3G Member
I’m also a fan of Icon’s. They get a lot of unwarranted hate in other forums because mouth breathers install incorrectly and then blame the manufacturer for their mistake. Icon has been nothing but stellar and helpful to me. I have their 2.5 w/resis in the front and 2.0 w/resis in the back. For what I do on my truck (mostly desert dirt roads), they are perfect.
Truth! Mine were installed correctly but I still don't understand the hate for ICON on those other forums. They're loaded with mostly King, and some Fox fanboys that can't stand anything ICON. I don't have any hate for King or Fox, to each his own, I just prefer my ICONs over anything else. I've hammered my ICONs on, and off road for the last 10k miles and they don't feel any different than they did when I got them. Plus, being my DD, I don't ever worry about fucking my suspension up off-road cuz I know the quality that goes into them. And if anything ever did happen to them, I know for a fact that they take care of their customers! (y)

0uTkAsT

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
First Name
Josh
T3G Member
Yeah that’s true. I see myself doing a combination of the three tbh. I like going to the dunes in my truck as well as taking my truck out to crawl spots to hit some trials. That’s the problem I have is I do a little bit of everything when it comes to off-roading in my truck
So you've narrowed down use, what's your budget?

SDHQ OFFROAD

sdhqoffroad.com
Authorized Vendor
First Name
JOEY
T3G Member
Yeah, Fox and King both have 3.0s for our trucks now.

Unless someone had custom made (which would be tough because Fox doesn't do much custom stuff without being volume), they do not and have no plans on doing anything 3.0 for the Toyota platforms. They are working on a new 3.0 internal bypass but it is not a Toyota product.

0uTkAsT

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
First Name
Josh
T3G Member
Unless someone had custom made (which would be tough because Fox doesn't do much custom stuff without being volume), they do not and have no plans on doing anything 3.0 for the Toyota platforms. They are working on a new 3.0 internal bypass but it is not a Toyota product.
You mean someone on TacomaWorld gave bad info?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Don’t forget the new bilstein 8112 set up with the bypasses whole kits like 3k

Top Bottom