• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Steel VS Aluminum Front Bumper

I'm running a CBI T3 steel with short center hoop. Love the sleek look of this.
A7301139.jpg

I've always been a fan of those bumpers. Those things look like they should have come with these trucks straight from the factory! Great utility with minimal cutting and additional weight on the front end. I'm definitely considering those as well(y)

I've always been a fan of those bumpers. Those things look like they should have come with these trucks straight from the factory! Great utility with minimal cutting and additional weight on the front end. I'm definitely considering those as well(y)
I was set on these because of how perfectly OEM they look. I changed my mind and plan to get a high clearance for the function, but these are still ridiculously clean looking.

I was set on these because of how perfectly OEM they look. I changed my mind and plan to get a high clearance for the function, but these are still ridiculously clean looking.
Honestly I'm leaning that way too atm. I think it would match nicely with the high clearance rear bumper I also plan to get down the road. Have you decided yet on steel vs aluminum?

Honestly I'm leaning that way too atm. I think it would match nicely with the high clearance rear bumper I also plan to get down the road. Have you decided yet on steel vs aluminum?
Aluminum for me. I'll stick with the lighter weight. Don't think I'll be hitting the bumper on too much shit that it would need to be steel to hold up.

I’m in the market too. I was thinking of Victory 4x4’s front bumper. It seems to be more flush to the fender trim. Any thoughts on how flush these others are? I prefer it not stick out.

You could always look into a steel tube bumper like the All Pro if you want to save weight. I'd assume that something like that is a bit lighter than the steel bumpers like CBI, Pelfrey, etc.

I do like that low profile sleek CBI T3 bumper, I’ve always had my eyes on the Fab Four vengeance bumpers, more expensive tho and the bull bar is higher and blocks the grill, I like that low cbi look.

I do like that low profile sleek CBI T3 bumper, I’ve always had my eyes on the Fab Four vengeance bumpers, more expensive tho and the bull bar is higher and blocks the grill, I like that low cbi look.
Agreed about the CBI. That’s my favorite of all the options and likely what I’ll go with when the time comes.

Pelfreybilt aluminum with center hoop on the way.

In the Market as well. Does anyone have a list of Companies who manufacture Aluminum bumpers? I've only found CBI so far, but I'm a complete noob to the game as well so I'm not in the "know". I've tried searching tacomaworld as well and couldn't find anything.

Decided to pull the trigger on an aluminum T3 front bumper from CBI, lead time was 10 weeks:cry: September can't come soon enough!
Have you installed this yet? Any pictures? Curious to see how it looks....
I was going to ask the same question. I ordered an Aluminum CBI T3 front bumper (no hoops) and a CBI high clearance rear a few weeks ago.

2 questions for those who would know...If I put a full hoop, t3 bumper on from CBI, would I have a hard time accessing the headlights afterwards? For example, if I wanted to swap or pull out the headlights, would the hoops be in the way, requiring me to remove the entire bumper? ALSO, would the front radar sensors still work? 2019 Taco. Thanks in advance if you know!

I was going to ask the same question. I ordered an Aluminum CBI T3 front bumper (no hoops) and a CBI high clearance rear a few weeks ago.

Did you order the Aluminum rear bumper? Also, did you order it with a swing arm?

Did you order the Aluminum rear bumper? Also, did you order it with a swing arm?
Hey man, no, they don't make an aluminum rear bumper because the tow hitch is integrated into the bumper. Aluminum is far too soft of a metal for any sort of towing so you can only get steel. I did not order it with swing arms although I'm kinda second guessing that decision.

Have you installed this yet? Any pictures? Curious to see how it looks....
Unfortunately I have not been able to install it yet. It took 15 weeks to ship out instead of 10 and it's taken me a while to finish the painting process. I'm using raptor liner instead of regular powder coat to make it look a little more aggressive. a bit risky but I think it will turn out well! I plan on installing it next week sometime and will update this with pictures when its on

I too have the cbi steel with short center hoop and I love it. Minus the instructions which was non existenent
8CBF1481-2B4E-4B93-A442-231E1B21DB04.jpeg
8CBF1481-2B4E-4B93-A442-231E1B21DB04.jpeg

Only bad part is you can’t remove the grill. With out removing the bumper. Found that out the hard way
What about the headlights? If you have the triple hoop over the headlights, can they be taken out without removing the bumper as well?

What websites are you guys using to buy these bumpers steel or aluminum?
Any tips on the assisted cruise control or collision prevention? Do they still work with a bumper?

What about the headlights? If you have the triple hoop over the headlights, can they be taken out without removing the bumper as well?
I haven’t seen anyone with the triple hoop remove headlights. But there is more space around the light with the full hoop.
What websites are you guys using to buy these bumpers steel or aluminum?
Any tips on the assisted cruise control or collision prevention? Do they still work with a bumper?
Cbioffroad.com

Back