ARMOR Steel VS Aluminum Front Bumper

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

PNWTacoma

= IV • Gold
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
First Name
Paul
T3G Member
I'm running a CBI T3 steel with short center hoop. Love the sleek look of this.
A7301139.jpg

Silent_Taco4x4

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Adam
T3G Member

Colorado_Taco17

= IV • Gold
First Name
Jake
T3G Member
I've always been a fan of those bumpers. Those things look like they should have come with these trucks straight from the factory! Great utility with minimal cutting and additional weight on the front end. I'm definitely considering those as well(y)

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I've always been a fan of those bumpers. Those things look like they should have come with these trucks straight from the factory! Great utility with minimal cutting and additional weight on the front end. I'm definitely considering those as well(y)
I was set on these because of how perfectly OEM they look. I changed my mind and plan to get a high clearance for the function, but these are still ridiculously clean looking.

Colorado_Taco17

= IV • Gold
First Name
Jake
T3G Member
I was set on these because of how perfectly OEM they look. I changed my mind and plan to get a high clearance for the function, but these are still ridiculously clean looking.
Honestly I'm leaning that way too atm. I think it would match nicely with the high clearance rear bumper I also plan to get down the road. Have you decided yet on steel vs aluminum?

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Honestly I'm leaning that way too atm. I think it would match nicely with the high clearance rear bumper I also plan to get down the road. Have you decided yet on steel vs aluminum?
Aluminum for me. I'll stick with the lighter weight. Don't think I'll be hitting the bumper on too much shit that it would need to be steel to hold up.

TheRealSilverTaco

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
Scott
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
I’m in the market too. I was thinking of Victory 4x4’s front bumper. It seems to be more flush to the fender trim. Any thoughts on how flush these others are? I prefer it not stick out.

jeremy5000

= II • Bronze
First Name
Jeremy
T3G Member
You could always look into a steel tube bumper like the All Pro if you want to save weight. I'd assume that something like that is a bit lighter than the steel bumpers like CBI, Pelfrey, etc.

Manbun525

= IV • Gold
First Name
Jake
T3G Member
I do like that low profile sleek CBI T3 bumper, I’ve always had my eyes on the Fab Four vengeance bumpers, more expensive tho and the bull bar is higher and blocks the grill, I like that low cbi look.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I do like that low profile sleek CBI T3 bumper, I’ve always had my eyes on the Fab Four vengeance bumpers, more expensive tho and the bull bar is higher and blocks the grill, I like that low cbi look.
Agreed about the CBI. That’s my favorite of all the options and likely what I’ll go with when the time comes.

Smoke Screen

= I • Lurker
T3G Member
#1,686
In the Market as well. Does anyone have a list of Companies who manufacture Aluminum bumpers? I've only found CBI so far, but I'm a complete noob to the game as well so I'm not in the "know". I've tried searching tacomaworld as well and couldn't find anything.

YotaCampingPDX

= III • Silver
T3G Supporter
First Name
Kellan
T3G Member
Decided to pull the trigger on an aluminum T3 front bumper from CBI, lead time was 10 weeks:cry: September can't come soon enough!
Have you installed this yet? Any pictures? Curious to see how it looks....

Top Bottom