• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spark plugs

Jemmert

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Anyone doing this yet? If so where did you get your plugs and what type and part #? Dealer said motor won’t like anything but oem

V6 DENSO FK20HBR8 I believe is what they use can buy it anywhere
Iridium tipped only
.031gap
EVERYTHING on your car won't like anything else but OEM:sneaky: they will say that about everything , you motor will ONLY like toyota certified generic oil from a drum:D...

Upvote 0
Found the denso plugs on rockauto for 12 each and they had them here the next day. Did not have to take intake off and took all of 45 minutes for complete job. Denso 3491 is the exact same plug as oem. Definitely remember to disconnect the negative terminal.

Upvote 0
If you don’t there will be several lights that come on on the dash afterwards and you will have to disconnect it to clear them out.

Upvote 0
Doesn't disconnecting the battery cable result in the auto trans having to learn your driving habits all over again?

Upvote 0
If you don’t there will be several lights that come on on the dash afterwards and you will have to disconnect it to clear them out.
Why disconnect the negative battery terminal?

Any work disconnect negative first then positive

If the car loses battery power for a extended time then yes it forgets its "settings" if you will

Upvote 0
Any work disconnect negative first then positive

If the car loses battery power for a extended time then yes it forgets its "settings" if you will
If you disconnect the negative terminal, there is no need to disconnect the positive terminal, unless you are removing the battery.

Upvote 0
If you disconnect the negative terminal, there is no need to disconnect the positive terminal, unless you are removing the battery.
That's true regardless disconnect negative when doing engine work or electrical or even take the cover you terminals or take the battery out so tools dont drop and connect

Upvote 0
I shorted out the positive terminal on my Samurai with my wedding ring via the wrench. Melted part of the ring and my finger.
That sucks it happens, and all you can do is take the best preventative measurements

Upvote 0
Found the denso plugs on rockauto for 12 each and they had them here the next day. Did not have to take intake off and took all of 45 minutes for complete job. Denso 3491 is the exact same plug as oem. Definitely remember to disconnect the negative terminal.
I wasn’t looking forward to taking off an intake. What did you end to take off?

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly, the 3.5 V6 in my 2018 Tacoma comes with 3 Denso and 3 NGK plugs. Does anyone know the part number of the NGK spark plugs?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly, the 3.5 V6 in my 2018 Tacoma comes with 3 Denso and 3 NGK plugs. Does anyone know the part number of the NGK spark plugs?

Thanks.
DENSO FK20HBR8 is what they use can buy it anywhere
Iridium tipped only
.031gap

Upvote 0
Back