• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Solar Panel usage

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Question on solar panel usage. Looking to get a jackery powerbank for a fridge/freezer. For anyone who has powerbank/panels/fridge, do you use the panels to charge the powerbank or your vehicle battery? I'm less interested in USB phone charging potential. Just not sure which power source I need to charge. Is solar even a requirement with a 2-3 day capability of the powerbank? (for a 2-3 day trip, that is).

I’ll be using the panels to charge the powerbank.

Solar may not be necessary if you don’t want the capabilities of keeping your powerbank charged. But be sure the powerbank can supply enough juice to keep your stuff powered for 72 hrs straight.

The amp draw on the fridge I’m getting is going to be in the ballpark of 1.43 Ah/h. The power station I’m getting has a peak capacity of 33 Ah. So to maintain constant power I’m hooking the power station up to solar so it recharges throughout the day.

Back