Solar Panel usage

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Sbr7

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Supporter
Military
Army
T3G Member
#4,264
Question on solar panel usage. Looking to get a jackery powerbank for a fridge/freezer. For anyone who has powerbank/panels/fridge, do you use the panels to charge the powerbank or your vehicle battery? I'm less interested in USB phone charging potential. Just not sure which power source I need to charge. Is solar even a requirement with a 2-3 day capability of the powerbank? (for a 2-3 day trip, that is).

nickyreno

T3G Level: Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Nick
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#5,704
I’ll be using the panels to charge the powerbank.

Solar may not be necessary if you don’t want the capabilities of keeping your powerbank charged. But be sure the powerbank can supply enough juice to keep your stuff powered for 72 hrs straight.

The amp draw on the fridge I’m getting is going to be in the ballpark of 1.43 Ah/h. The power station I’m getting has a peak capacity of 33 Ah. So to maintain constant power I’m hooking the power station up to solar so it recharges throughout the day.

Top Bottom