Safariland QLS to RAM 1" Ball

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

hawsa

T3G Level: Silver
First Name
Chris
T3G Member
#6,204
I'm not sure about the military aspect but I would think it would still work. When I was in my truck earlier though...i noticed that my seat mounts/ brackets or whatever is side and side and not front and back like shown in the sketch above. Are some tacoma seats mounted different?
I think the seats are mounted the same, but I am using a seatjacker with MMP for extra mounting options there. Normally you only have the two bolts, this gives a flat panel that works with nylock, ram diamonds, molle accessories etc..

hawsa

First Name
Chris
T3G Member
#6,204
Why not just run a spacer between the seat jacker and the MMP?
I was thinking about that, but I only really need the change for the handgun.. everything else I plan to mount there I'd prefer to be more tucked away. The spacer would require a 1.5" ish push forward and about 3.5" up leaving a pretty gaudy spacer/riser on each side. If this works out it would be much cheaper, maintain adjustability, and be lower profile overall. If I'd doesn't work though, that idea would be much more rigid and would be a fine fall back.

hawsa

First Name
Chris
T3G Member
#6,204
Update.

Got the ram balls in andddd got hasty. Instead of waiting for my printer filament to show up in the mail, I just made a metal adapter plate. Didn't give me too much fuss.

It mostly works. I have a 3" arm coming instead of a 2", but the problem is all the weight on one side is creating somewhat of a fulcrum and it's able to exert more force than just the weight of the gun.

So the result is that for normal driving it holds fine, but on larger bumps it angles down to the floor until the holster touches. Still within reach and away from legs, but not quite what I was hoping. I think I'll order a 1.5" ball instead of the 1" as the rated capacity is doubled. 6EC5A633-F7C4-48F9-AB08-7283D3D71936.jpeg 12400DEE-87EF-4DD2-AD59-747BD0976020.jpeg 5ACA1E1B-94FC-4015-A360-806F95303872.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom