• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Runnin4Tacos HYBRID Front Bumper

runnin4tacos

5️⃣ Platinum
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
2018 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey, what's up, guys!

We have been on the search for a high clearance hybrid front bumper for some time now and couldn't find one that exactly met our needs/wants. So what we did was, we reached out to a local shop here in Colorado and what we ended up was something absolutely amazing!

The goal was a hybrid style bumper that follows the lines of the truck instead of the traditional bar that runs flat across the grille. We wanted a hybrid bumper because in OUR OPINION they look cooler and they are lighter in weight (not comparing aluminum).

The bumper is made of 1-3/4" 120 wall DOM tubing so you know it's strong AF. For those who have not heard of DOM tubing, there are several types and sizes. One example is, DOM tubing is what is used to make roll cages so it is meant to take heavy impacts. The other is HREW tubing which is used by a lot of companies to cut down on cost, it is strong but nothing compared to having DOM tubing. DOM tubing costs more than double of HREW tubing which is why you see DOM made rock sliders costing so much.

Anyways, here are some photos, I will be uploading more and more photos as I get more photos of it for those who are interested.
https://www.runnin4tacos.com/collec...s/hybrid-front-bumper-2016-2019-toyota-tacoma
TDV02344.jpg
TDV02345.jpg
TDV023492.jpg
TDV02343.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, what's up, guys!

We have been on the search for a high clearance hybrid front bumper for some time now and couldn't find one that exactly met our needs/wants. So what we did was, we reached out to a local shop here in Colorado and what we ended up was something absolutely amazing!

The goal was a hybrid style bumper that follows the lines of the truck instead of the traditional bar that runs flat across the grille. We wanted a hybrid bumper because in OUR OPINION they look cooler and they are lighter in weight (not comparing aluminum).

The bumper is made of 1-3/4" 120 wall DOM tubing so you know it's strong AF. For those who have not heard of DOM tubing, there are several types and sizes. One example is, DOM tubing is what is used to make roll cages so it is meant to take heavy impacts. The other is HREW tubing which is used by a lot of companies to cut down on cost, it is strong but nothing compared to having DOM tubing. DOM tubing costs more than double of HREW tubing which is why you see DOM made rock sliders costing so much.

Anyways, here are some photos, I will be uploading more and more photos as I get more photos of it for those who are interested.
Looks pretty good, liking how close it hugs.

Last edited:
I’m a huge fan of this bumper but I think I’ll have to go with C4 unless they make a version of this with a higher bullbar. Need one because plan to mount Baja LP9s below the bar

Man I love this bumper! I ABSOLUTELY love it when I got to see it in person at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff earlier this year. The only thing that’s stopping me from getting it now is I’m about to regear.

Back